2007+ GasGas Bent Kickstand?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by GTC, May 20, 2020.

1. GTC

GTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last weekend another rider knocked my bike over while I was walking a section. He knocked it over the stand that was on a rock slab. (So stand was under the bike extended.)

So now the kickstand comes up and hits the rear disc guard. (Stand is coming to far in.) I think it is the stand itself but it could be the mounting point that bolts to the swingarm.

I have a photo below of my stand. Could someone with a 2007 or newer GasGas look at their stand and tell me if mine has an extra bend in it?

IMG_20200519_171947.jpg
    IMG_20200519_172004.jpg
  2. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Looks bent more than my daughters 08 125's stand based on what I can recall. I will take a picture of it later today if I can remember and we can compare. Oh, and hers defiantly isn't having the caught under the disk guard issue...
  3. D2W

D2W Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2008 GG TXT 280 and 300: Nah, that's too much bend. Ideally the kickstand should "rest" against that flange which is between the two mounting screws in the photo. As your photo shows, when the kickstand flies back it will hit the disc guard with force and likely break it. I remove the kickstand, clamp the area of the mounting bolt in a stationary vice, and pull on the kickstand so as to bend it straight.
    jonnyc21 likes this.