2008 KTM 450 EXC-R WIRING HELL

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by YoungBuck973, Sep 1, 2019.

1. YoungBuck973

YoungBuck973 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey guys I'm new to the site and looking for some help. I've been at it with Gemma (my bike) for about 2 weeks. Day and night trying to figure out what to do just so I can get my headlight to work lol. Here's what's going on with my bike. When I first got it it wasn't turning over with Estart however with kick start it was fine. Cool no biggie. I bought a battery and replaced it. Hey it started with estart. The headlight wouldn't turn on though. The bike came with a Baja Designs aftermarket headlight however the owner included the OEM one. So I switched the headlights and fired her up. Womp it turned on then when I reved the engine boom headlight went really bright then stopped working. Then when that stopped working I tried to turn my bike on. E start wouldn't start again. I thought maybe I could replace the wiring harnesses and it would be fine. I got a used harness it was it kinda ratty shape. Hooked it up Still nothing. The previous owner has a Baja Designs DC converter I think it's suppose to put out higher watts for the after market headlight anyway. I'm stumped here I really don't know what to do. Should I get brand new harnesses and reconnect everything again? Any suggestions. I'm a noob so I won't be able to wire anything. looking for a easy plug and play route. Thanks.
  2. roookie1

roookie1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I suspect a faulty regulator. Regarding e-start, have you checked the fuse on the start relay?
  3. YoungBuck973

YoungBuck973 n00b

Oddometer:

yes I checked the fuses today everything checked out fine. Now how ever another issue has occurred my bike won't start I checked for spark I have spark and compression and did a few kicks she wanted to start but I spent 2 hours trying to kick her and nothing. Any idea's?