1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 2008 KTM Super Duke 990 R with Hard Panniers! Southwest IN - PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by gripnripper, May 8, 2021.

1. gripnripper

gripnripper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2008 KTM Super Duke 990 R with Hard Panniers!

PRICE DROP...$5200 for everything or $5000 if you don't want the rack, panniers, and associated body pieces.

Located in southwest Indiana.

Just rolled 14,000 miles (miles will go up). Runs great. No issues. Clean IN title in my name in hand. With the panniers, this is one of the most unique sport touring setups I’ve seen out there.

I have three tail setups that go with it 1) The original R tail pieces (minus the factory R rear fender, but comes with tail tidy (see below)), 2) ummodified non-R tail pieces, and 3) modified non-R pieces that go with the pannier rack. You can see the various set ups in the pictures.

Plastics have some scrapes and the clear coat is coming off some spots but overall it’s in great shape and ready to ride anywhere.

Accessories/mods/extras:
    - R&G tidy tail (for stock R tail setup)
    - KTM Touring windshield
    - Akrapovic headers (comes stock on the R models)
    - WP steering damper (comes stock on the R models)
    - Moto Hooligan case sliders
    - GB Racing frame sliders (x4)
    - Swing arm sliders and spools (comes stock on the R models)
    - Fork sliders (comes stock on the R models)
    - Bar end sliders
    - CRG Apex bar end mirrors
    - GIPro gear indicator
    - Moto Hooligan performance air box
    - Moto Hooligan block off plates
    - SAS removed
    - "Marchesini" wheels (actually Brembo wheels, comes stock on the R models)
    - Moto Hooligan footpegs
    - Custom radiator guard
    - Three seats: KTM Ergo seat for non-R setup (most comfortable), stock seat for R setup (horrible seat), and KTM Power Parts seat for R setup (not bad)
    - Throttle tamer
    - Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires front and back with less than 1000 miles on them
    - Pannier rack (Hepco & Becker for BMW R1200R – it works!)
    - Locking Tusk medium black aluminum panniers
    - A new fuel map has been loaded to address the grabby low RPM throttle (known issue on these bikes)

NOTE: The FMF Apex Exhaust shown in the picture of the R setup is no longer on the bike and does not come with it. It was obnoxiously loud so I went back to the stock exhaust which is just right, in my opinion.

History:

By luck I was able to track down the first two owners online. All evidence suggests this bike was very well maintained by those two owners for the first 8xxx miles. I got it with 13xxx miles and had to sort out a few things. I don’t know anything about the history from 8xxx to 13xxx miles. I have some sparse service records but it’s not a complete history by any means.
    - I rebuilt the water pump due to coolant in the oil (common issue as I understand). All new parts. No coolant in the oil anymore, or vice versa. Gordy Roth at Gordy’s Goodworks looked at everything and believes I caught it early enough that it’s not an issue. It runs and works great now. I wanted to rule out head gasket issues so I did a leak down test on both cylinders and leakage was less than 3% on both cylinders.
    - I had local shop repair a pin-sized holed in the radiator (again, common issue as I understand)
    - I replaced the oil reservoir with a used one due to the drain plug threads being stripped.
    - Valve clearances were checked and adjusted accordingly by me within the last 600 miles.
    - Obviously, given the water pump issue, the oil, filter, and coolant has been changed. I did a quick oil and filter change after the water pump rebuild to clean out any residual coolant. It currently has full synthetic oil, a new filter, and fresh Engine Ice.

Link to walk around video:
    Link to cold start and ride:
    (Sorry about the poor audio and video quality...)

This bike is somewhat rare and it’s difficult to determine how to price it. I have way more time and money than I’ll ever get out of this motorcycle, but I’m asking $5200. Pretty firm at that price. I’m always interested in trades for other motorcycles, especially sport touring, adventure, and woods/trail bikes. I’m willing to throw in a little cash on my end for the right bike and willing to accept partial trades plus cash on your end.

I’m happy to answer any questions you have. Have additional pics if you want to see anything.

IMG_5423.JPG IMG_5639.JPG IMG_5906.JPG IMG_5916.JPG IMG_6216.JPG IMG_6218.JPG
    wpbarlow and jnberr0 like this.
  2. ncj01

ncj01 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Loosely interested if you can PM me.
    Do you get down to Arkansas Much?

Friendly side note, those are the same Brembo wheels that come on every 950/990 SM/SMT/Duke variant. They do sometimes have a Marchesini sticker on them, but look at casting in the wheel. Here’s what the true Marchesini’s look like. They only came on the 990SMR - no other variant.

IMG_1532.jpg
  3. gripnripper

Oddometer:
    Thanks for clarification on the wheels. Yes, they have the Marchesini sticker but do no look like the picture you attached. Geez, a Marchesini sticker on wheels that aren’t Marchesini, that’s not confusing at all :)

I don’t get down to Arkansas, well, really ever but for the right deal I might be able to help with delivery up to a certain radius.
  4. logan42

logan42 n00b

Oddometer:
    I know someone from KS who may still be looking for a dual seat SDR: I’ve pinged him to know the current status.
    Also, I’d be interested in the single seat parts, if you were to sell them aside.
  5. Muskiefish

Muskiefish n00b

Oddometer:
    Can you tell me about your dr650 for sale?
  6. gripnripper

Oddometer:
    Thanks for passing it along. I’m happy to answer any questions.

Right now I’d like to keep the single seat parts with the bike in case the new owner wants to keep it stock, but I’ll late you know if they don’t want the parts. Thanks.
  7. gripnripper

Oddometer:
    Price is negotiable. Open to trade offers.
  8. Eteam94

Eteam94 n00b

Oddometer:
    Would you mind parting with the panniers/mounting bracketry?
    Thanks
  9. gripnripper

Oddometer:
    Only if the new owner doesn't want them. I want to wait and see what they want/don't want.
  10. Eteam94

Eteam94 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks keep me posted!
  11. gripnripper

Oddometer:
    Friendly bump...
  12. Eteam94

Eteam94 n00b

Oddometer:
    Willing to part with the panniers/rack now or still waiting on new owner? Jc
    Thanks!
  13. gripnripper

Oddometer:
    SOLD

New owner wanted R parts so the rack and pannier set up is still for sale. I'll post over in parts.
    witttom likes this.