2009 F 650 GS cush blocks

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by auntieweenie, Jul 10, 2011.

1. auntieweenie

auntieweenie n00b

Oddometer:
    My boyfriend was changing my tire and has noticed that on the rubber cush blocks , on the small part there are different numbers. 2,3,5, &11. All the blocks look the same. Is there a particular sequence that they should be re-installed in the hub? He doesn't seem to think that there is because they all seem the same size, but I just want to make sure.
    Thanks
    AuntieWeenie
  2. huckleberry

huckleberry BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer:
    to the best of my knowledge they are all the same/ Mine have come out many times and i never checked to make sure each 1 went back where it came from ,with no problems yet.
  3. auntieweenie

auntieweenie n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks a bunch. Now on to the front...
    Weenie
  4. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    My guess would be that those number are the "mold cavity" numbers ...
    when parts are molded they usually mold a bunch of pieces at once to save time.
    They put a small number somewhere on the mold cavity for each piece so that if there is a problem with the quality or the dimensions of the part they can try to trace it back to the individual cavity that is responsible.
  5. markymcd

markymcd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    they're definitely the same.. i've had the wheel off many times... 650 and 800 wheel uses the same rubber too.

doing anything with the front is a piece of cake compared to the rear. Especially tires!

Mark