2009 F800GS Bike Sale Advice

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by nzcvlh, Dec 18, 2020.

1. nzcvlh

nzcvlh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    I posted my F800GS in Flea Market and have not had a bit of interest. It has Woody's wheels, Renazco seat, Ohlins forks and a bunch of other high end options. Could you look at the posting and give any advice on what would work better or why you think it might not be generating any interest. I figured an inmate would scoop it up. I want to avoid craigslist do to all the scammers stuff, but will do so if I can't get a any movement here. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.
    Listed in Flea Market as 2009 BMW F800GS ABS - Tucson, AZ
    Dave
  2. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Looks like a really well set up bike. I think your ad looks great. Maybe bike is a bit older, but very low mileage and looks well maintained so that ought not be a major issue. It’s not a great time of year to sell (at least around here - see photo below). If you’re desperate to sell, you could lower the price. But your ad has only been up 3 days so I’d say just hang in there. Nice bike! GLWS

What those of us up North are “riding” these days:
    IMG_8623.jpg
  3. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    i have had a few successful purchases and sales through craigslist, always clean transactions, no bullshit involved.

*edit*
    looks like a pretty good deal actually but i've got a real softspot for the yellow 800s.

GLWS
  4. Eric80

Eric80 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you need it gone quick, so keep dropping the price and someone will eventually bite. Would also put on on CL and cycletrader to maximize visibility.
  5. nvklr

nvklr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. rcb78

rcb78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The last three bikes I sold, one was through cycle trader and the other two were FB marketplace. I had Craigslist ads, but nothing came off it. Cast a big net and just be prepared to filter the trash. I got asking price on all three, but I was patient, it took an average of two to three weeks per bike.
  7. nzcvlh

nzcvlh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you all for your good advice. I'll give all the above a try
    Dave
  8. Vark

Vark Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is a sharp looking bike and very nicely outfitted. I wouldn’t drop the price any more - - people will begin to think there must be something wrong with it (i.e. too good to be true.)

Someone is going to ride home on a really nice F800GS.

GLWS
  9. KTM250rm

KTM250rm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I listed my KTM 350 xcf-w in Facebook Market place and had it sold in a day. Had 28 people wanting to buy it
  10. (I^2)R/746

(I^2)R/746 Rider

Oddometer:
    The bottom dropped out on them. Not sure why. I have the same bike, with a similar amount of investment, and it didn't sell either. I put it up after I bought a '11 R1200GS mostly because it didn't get ridden a lot. After awhile I pulled it because I just wasn't willing to go that low. I'd rather "ride the value out of it". It's a good bike as a backup, loan to a friend, etc.. Insurance is pretty cheap. Came in handy the other day as I got a nail in the rear of the 1200 and didn't want to wait for tire shipping. Strapped it to the back of the F8 and ran it to/from the shop on the way to/from work. Can't do that on the KTM 350 or the Ducati.