1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 2009 Suzuki DR650 in SF Bay Area. $3300

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by hassonater, Dec 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hassonater

hassonater n00b

Oddometer:
    The time has come to sell my DR650. I bought this bike last February specifically with plans of fully kitting it out to do the Trans-America Trail (if you don't know what this is and are stoked on bike trips, look it up!), but then the pandemic happened and traveling felt too irresponsible so I called the trip off. That said, the bike is ready for a cross-country trip tomorrow. I only put ~1500 miles on it, almost all slow cruises down dirt roads in Colorado and the Tahoe area, and it had zero issues. I bought it from an inmate in Colorado who kept absolutely meticulous service records and sold it to thin his herd of ~8? similar bikes. My new apartment doesn't have space for motorcycles to park so unfortunately it has to go.

So, the details. Touring/comfort upgrades are as follows:
    - Sargent seat
    - IMS 5 gallon tank
    - 2 extra lights
    - Heated grips
    - Acerbis front fender -- doesn't catch wind at speed like the stock one does.
    - Custom removable windshield -- keeps wind off your chest, really nice when it's cold.
    - Custom dash switches to turn headlight on/off and heated grips on/off (by previous owner)
    - RAM phone holder mounted to handlebars
    - USB ports: one under gas tank for a heated vest, one in dash for your phone. The dash one hasn't been working so I've been using the under tank one for my phone on longer rides.
    - 2" handlebar risers
    - Acerbis barkbusters
    - Aluminum skid plate
    - Luggage rack
    - DR350 taillight/fender eliminator -- license plate screws straight into the rear fender.
    - Custom PVC tool tube

Other stuff since I bought it:
    - Full post-purchase inspection by Apex Sports in Colorado Springs (Feb. 2020) including all wear items, valve clearances, etc.
    - Oil change at 20k miles
    - New cush drive bearings/rubber (upgraded red PU from Procycle) approx. 300 miles ago
    - New battery approx. 500 miles ago -- accidentally knocked the heated grip switch on and killed the old one
    - Regular chain maintenance, air filter cleanings after particularly dusty rides, etc.

Things it'll need soon:
    - Rear turn signals are burnt out. Cheap fix but I haven't bothered yet. They're mounted on rubber so that they're harder to break off if you're riding in tight trees/drop the bike.
    - Rear sprocket is getting worn and could stand to be replaced soon.

This bike has obviously been ridden as intended for a 650cc dual sport -- mostly dirt, mostly not singletrack. If interested, I have some ADV riding gear to fit a ~6' person -- Bell MX9 ADV helmet, Klim Dakar pants, O'neal MX boots, O'neal ADV jacket -- and would consider selling that with the bike if interested. The mileage may increase as I still ride it from time to time. Text for fastest response! (415) 250-1799
  2. hassonater

hassonater n00b

Oddometer:
    Photos attached to this reply.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.