1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 2009 Yamaha FJR1300AE - 5600 miles, $5400... near Seattle

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by ObiJohn, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJohn

ObiJohn Screaming Banshee Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm finally selling my one-owner 2009 FJR1300AE (the auto clutch variant). This is the last year this model was imported into the US. Less than 5600 nearly-all highway miles, I bought it new in crate in Spring 2012 from a Yama dealer. It's had three oil changes, I run Shell Rotella in it, it has new Michelin PR3 tires front and rear. It comes with the accessory factory top case with matching lock (the ignition key fits the side and top cases), has the bag liners for the side cases, has a center stem RAM GPS mount (along with the original ornamental stem center nut), and two tank bags (one for local rides for the wallet and cell, one for long trips that holds a water bladder and cell, GPS power that hooks up to the Battery Tender plug at the front of the tank). It has factory heated grips and a Go Cruise throttle lock. It has a Cal-Sci tall windscreen which makes it so quiet on the highway that all you hear at 80 mph is the turbine-like gear whine, and I also have the original factory windscreen.

This is the nicest, lowest-mileage (half as much as a less-equipped bike selling for almost $2Gs more), and lowest-priced AE that can be found right now on Cycletrader, eBay, or Craigslist. The top case alone is worth $800.

This thing is a cruise missile... 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. It will cruise all day long on two-lane or the slab. A great bike for multi-day long distance sport touring, or pop off the hard cases and have a very fast sport bike. I'm selling it because I have four other bikes including a GSA WC, and just bought a Vette, and need some marital peace. It's ready for a fly-and-ride. Come and take it off my hands!

EDIT: I rode it down to The Shop in Seattle today... and kept on thinking 'Why am I selling this?' It has just over 5600 miles on it now. Please... buy it!

Attached Files:

Suruppak, hawkgt, EZ-D and 2 others like this.
  2. ObiJohn

Oddometer:
    Dropped the price by $100... did I tell you it has fantastically comfortable Rick Mayer seats AND I'll throw in a set of Sargeant seats as well?

Here's a video of the bike starting and idling...

Oznay likes this.
  3. CaptainBad

CaptainBad n00b

Oddometer:
    Where are you at?
  4. zacnzoe

zacnzoe bustnluc

Oddometer:
    Interested in a low seat height trade? 2013 KTM 690 Duke, 5500 miles.

upload_2019-6-13_17-21-29.jpeg
  5. ObiJohn

Oddometer:
    I'm in the Seattle area, in Bellevue. Not interested in a trade yet, trying to thin the herd. I've got a tentative full price offer and a backup at this point, will know whether it's sold by EOD Monday.
  6. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, if I could afford to buy another bike right now.....
  7. jcote9ofd

jcote9ofd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is this sold?
  8. ObiJohn

Oddometer:
    It's sold... had a deposit on Monday, finalized it today. Good luck to the new rider... of course, he said that he'd have paid me $1000 more than I asked... and I asked him if he'd still pay me $1000 more! He just laughed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.