1. eNewsletter Sign Up

2010 big bear bash?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by focallength, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
    Thanks to Scott for puttin this Bash on and to all who attended. Hears a little tease.:kat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (click on pic)
    :beer
  2. espi

espi scheming adventurer

Oddometer:
    AWESOME pics of Jon!:D :D
  3. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    Great weekend guys and girls! I got home at 1 pm, unloaded, showered and beered up :dutch I'll DL pics and post my mini RR. Hope you're good Pablo :thumb Missed Ya Danny G and crew, punk and Razr. Next time!
  4. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    My day started off early Friday morning. I was coffeed up and out the door before 6:30 am. The freeway was at speed most of the way and I was excited to get to the campground. I was so excited, I didn't stop for the first photo op until I was between Snow Valley and the dam. (Major piss break if you know what I mean.......... Kenny :lol3)

[​IMG]

Continued on and Big Bear Lake was GLASS and not a cloud in sight. Simply friggin beautiful! I knew I was in for a killer weekend.

[​IMG]

As I was cruising up Van Dusen, I came upon this pretty little girl. She did not appear to be worried about me and just crossed the road with no worries. I was thinking about trapping her for the weekend, but Dunerat promised me some bareback so I let her go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get to camp first, get 3 sites, and kill a few cold ones while I set up for the weekend.

[​IMG]

KLRob showed up soon after and set up his camp. Espi (Pablo) rolled into camp and the riding got started. We rode to the Lucky Baldwin Mine for a little put.

Here's Rob rollin the throttle......................

[​IMG]

Pablo

[​IMG]

Rob went by to fast but I got Pablo having fun in the water..........

[​IMG]

We got to Baldwin Mine for a beer break and photo op. Luv2race, KLRob, Espi.

[​IMG]

Single track was next with HIDEZKEV, Dunerat and HAPPYTRAILSINC. Fun as hell!

[​IMG]

That was it for Friday. Saturday morning was ccccold. ADV props on the frozen tailgate of my truck!

[​IMG]

Group ride to Pappy and Harriet's Saturday morning. Good ride, good food, fun group!

[​IMG]

Klammers good lookin mug throwin down.

[​IMG]

Purelick was killin it too!

[​IMG]

After lunch, we headed back to camp. We took 2N02 and I thought it was much better then the road to Coyote Flats. Here is a nice water crossing. I missed Espi cause I couldn't get the camera out quick enough. Sorry Pablo :cry

Rob
    [​IMG]

Kenny
    [​IMG]

Rich

[​IMG]

I can see that smile a mile away on Rich, M1Jeep!

[​IMG]

That's it for pics. I had a great weekend, weather was perfect, drinks were flowing, taco fest was awesome! Thanks to all for EVERYTHING!

Cheers :beer
  5. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    I can't believe you passed on that young doe for a well used DR.:confused
  6. Mike Mike Motorbike

Mike Mike Motorbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was up there Saturday with my brother.

We rode from Barten Flats / Jenks lake area . (Have a cabin there)

Anyway We rode up 38 to 2N04 to 2N01 to 2N02 behind the lake to 3N16 to 3N61 then headed down 3N03 .
    We rode 2N61Y and then decided we were getting thirsty :beer so we headed strait to pioneer town.

I've never been there before and it was really busy.

We met a local who lived in BB and saw some guys who said they rode up from soggy dry lake though Rattle snake canyon.

Any way on our way back just past devils gate we saw a bunch of guy riding to Pioneer town.

I waved and one of the guys gave me the FF salut :wave :fyyff .
    Ha! I thought hey those guys are inmates !
    My bro is not on here and I wonder what he thought if he got the same salut.

That was at about 1:30 2:00.
    I was on a Yellow DRZ and Bro was on a KTM.
    We were at Pioneer town from 11:30 to 1:00 ish.
    What time were you guys there?

Any way we had a great day. 105 miles. I found some new trails .
  7. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    I'm loyal :D
  8. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    I think we got to lunch about 2 pm. Too bad we missed you, the Sierra Nevada was flowin :dutch
  9. Mike Mike Motorbike

Mike Mike Motorbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well that must of been you guys we saw.

You missed the big "Pony express run" crowd.

From your pics we were sitting at that same table when we left .
  10. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    There was 7 riders in the group. Next time, leave some beer :lol3 JK, we left 1/2 a pitch behind. Must not have been hot enough.
  11. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got up late, missed Sito a Fivebucks in San Bernaghetto. Figured I'd start meandering toward Pioneer Town after I got gas in Big Bear around 9:30am.

After gassing up, stripping off the warm gear, melting the strap on my Giant Loop Bag off, I headed toward Pioneer Town around 10 am. Picked up the route we used last time at Baldwin Lake. Figured I'd take my time and either run across Sito and crew along the way or at Pioneer Town or they would show up after I was already there.

Made it to Pioneer Town about 11am. Didn't see another bike on the way there. Almost became a hood ornament on a Honda Civic about 10 miles out from Pioneer Town (makes you feel like an accomplished rider, until you see the car). Had lunch and hung out at Pappy and Harriet's until 1pm. Went in to Palm Desert for gas and some phone service, then back past Pioneer Town and back tracking to Big Bear. Didn't see another bike, but luckily didn't encounter any more Honda Civics.

From Big Bear, I took the dirt to Hesperia and found some gas and some WIND. Didn't know what the wind would be doing over Cleghorn or Lytle Creek, so I slabbed it and split lanes the whole way to Tom's Farm. Grabbed a bite to eat, then had to go into Elsinore to get gas. After grabbing gas, I rode up to Hell's Kitchen and took the dirt (Main Divide) back to the Maple Springs gate. Stopped at Cook's for a couple of beers, then finally made it home.

No pics or video today, too busy riding and enjoying myself.
  12. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    I call:topes Without pics, it didn't happen.!:oscar
  13. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    To all the Girls that did show up Sunday:fyyff

Well apparently Eduardo aka (Buenfeelings) was the only one that has an alarm clock? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I had a feeling that Sundays ride was going to be a bust but I need to ride! Plus the 950 had been lock in the barn too long and needed to get out and play. After waiting till 7:45 Ed and I rolled out, it was foggy but once we got about 800 feet the skys cleared up and made for a perfect day for riding. We boogied up the camp and found John and Cathy up and eating breakfast, well Cathy was eating John was drinking a beer?:dutch It was 9:am. :huh
    We did not go to PT instead we did a lazy big bike ride, we tried to do the <o:p></o:p>
    2n10 moon ridge loop but the gate was locked? Cathy, Ed and I were hungry so we headed down to Arrowhead Lake for lunch. After lunch that we took the long way down the mountain. All in all it was a nice day and for once I did not have to wash my bike after a ride.:ricky It also looks like Javier has worked out all the bug on my 950, she ran like a champ all day with no issue! <o:p></o:p>
    Now I just need time to ride her! :cry <o:p></o:p>
  14. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

glad to hear you're riding the 950 again.

that's the sito that i know....:clap
  15. HAPPYTRAILSINC

HAPPYTRAILSINC single track rider

Oddometer:
    bigbear bust 2010!
    what happened to all u FF's?? out of 20-25, only 10-12 showed up??
    thanks to those that showed up, especially lovetorace, as he got up there early and got us some great spots!!

this is klrrob after a couple stiff captian-n-cokes:1drink from lovetorace:freaky
    good food, a good ride and a couple stiff drinks does wonders for a quick sleep!!
    :1drink he's just lucky this is all that happened to him:1drink

[​IMG]

will post more pics later, just had to get this one up:clap
  16. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    i was sick and am still sick, i was dying to go, i even drove to my parents place in arrowhead hoping the fresh air would make me feel better
  17. jamin_mathis

jamin_mathis Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 great photo I wish I could have gone but this weekend just couldn't work for me.
  18. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    An opportunity came up to make some cash, had to grab it. I'm bummed I missed everyone.
  19. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My punk ass was at the office till 11:00pm on Saturday. When I got home I still had to install a rear wheel. i had to take it into a shop by my office. I found a crushed bearing when I was changing the sprockets and chain. I got to bed around one. I did set my alarm clock for 5:15am. I never heard it go off. Sorry I did not make on Sunday. Ben
  20. HAPPYTRAILSINC

HAPPYTRAILSINC single track rider

Oddometer:
    :lol3 thanks to all those that came up!
    was nice meeting u guys!
    thanks to love2race:clap as he got up there early and grabbed us some great spots!
    i arrove around 11:30, set up my site, and suited up just in time as dunerat rolled in:1drink
    we then headed out in search of the SSS, well we did find some great trails around holcomb valley, BUT they are disappearing quickly as they are blocking/camafloging the trails by knocking down trees and covering them with limbs!! before long there will only be roads up there to ride on, even redondo ridge is wide enough to drive a quad on (seen one on it):cry
    glad i have on old map which shows these trails/roads, as these are gone forever:cry :cry
    waited up for dannyG but we know know what happened, (burnt clutch)

since we had a small crowd for the A ride (HDK/DR and myself) , we deviated from our original plan to go to hesperia airport and stayed on the mountian EXPLORING! damm there are ALOT of closed roads due to the fire!
    we took SSS over to Johnbull , then over to white mountian, redondo ridge, down to T6 and into cedar glen for lunch @ the Malt shop!
    then due to the closed roads we had to back track T6 to 3n16 and back towards camp to cook up dinner!
    [​IMG]
    JOHN BULL TRAIL:clap
    [​IMG]
    A LITTLE REST ATOP JOHN BULL W/HDK/DR AND MYSELF (HTI):eek1
    [​IMG]
    COMING UP REDONDO RIDGE ATV TRIAL:lol3
    [​IMG]
    HDK IN ACTION:evil

[​IMG]
    BIKE WANTED TO TAKE A REST:evil
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]DUNERAT
    [​IMG]
    WATER CROSSING @ BOTTOM OF REDONDO RIDGE:lol3
    DUNERAT AND HDK
    [​IMG]
    WATER CROSSING WITH DUNERAT
    [​IMG]

ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND WITH BEAUTIFULL WEATHER AND SOME GOOD FRIENDS!!

WILL SEE U ALL NEXT TIME!