1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

2010 RMAR Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Big_John, Aug 1, 2010.

1. SgtMarty

SgtMarty Retired, baby!

Oddometer:
    Some of my photos from the Saturday ride that Scott took us on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Downhill Dave

Downhill Dave Busco aventura

Oddometer:
    :lurk
    Great pics.

Me want more! :clap
  3. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. grub

grub Requires Supervision

Oddometer:
    Waiting for a green light on the red line
    I didn't take many pictures at the event and the ones I did didn't turn out very good but here are a few

This is huskerdude

[​IMG]

I had to go past this spot a little ways to find a decent place to stop (and to be out of his way, I learned that lesson) and ran back up the hill to get a picture of WildTurkey leaving 1200 GS tracks where they don't belong - he rode it like a pro

[​IMG]

and here is a shot looking upriver towards Creede from low on the Willow Park Road (it's raining up there, hard to believe, huh)

[​IMG]
  5. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    Here are the few shots I took with my still camera...from the Tewksberry ride led by Grub on Saturday and a couple of my campsite.

This camera thing makes my GSA look fatter than in person...she really does ride like a 110 pound hooker :lol3
    left to right
    huskerdude
    Merickk
    Grub
    [​IMG]

I don't have any pics of the technical sections because I was too busy yelling, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!!!! I AIN'T STOPPIN'!!!"

Griselda...aka Phoenix...having a little "Todd" moment on the Tewksberry Trail
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The crew at the end of the ride dropping back down running from the rain...seriously...where is all that mud everyone was complaining about?:evil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Griselda was thirsty after the ride
    [​IMG]

Safe and sound back at camp
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is about all the mud I picked up on Saturday...the poor muddy bank has a divit about 6" deep:lol3
    [​IMG]

I had the HD Beak cam on and am busy trying to find something worth showing. Sadly, some humidity got into the water proof case of the camera and all the technical sections are fogged...there is some footage I will cut out and post later, but it won't be as EPIC as it would have been with a clear view...stay tuned!

BIG_JOHN...THANKS for a great event, some spectacular meals, slide shows, great accommodations, unbelievable stories and memories!!!

GRUB...thanks for leading an EPIC ride that really can't be captured on film!

:ricky
  6. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    GPS tracks on Google maps of Thursdays loop:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...24,-106.642227&spn=0.288471,0.441513&t=h&z=11

Also here is the tracks as a GPX file, if you want them:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6036376/GPX Files/RMAR/South Fork/SouthForkThursdayLoop.gpx

Here is Camp on Thursday around 10:30am:
    [​IMG]

Meet up with Grub, and the NYC and Phoenix guy and went for a ride. Turned out we had to help a minivan that got stuck in a ditch due to all the mud. Got the minivan unstuck and rode....turned out Grub forgot his tool kit and had to go back, but told us to go on. So I lead the group on a loop around the area that Grub had told us to take. Sorry I got no photo's I left my camera at camp....but I know one of the other guys got a minivan picture and some scenic pictures of South Fork.

Here is Camp Friday Morning, a few more tents:
    [​IMG]

The group getting ready for Big John's ride and other rides:
    [​IMG]

Out riding the trails:
    [​IMG]

pwrtrippin
    [​IMG]

Big John
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was sweep so I got all ass shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This hill was fun, someone else will have to post the shots of me getting all cocky and going down...LOL

[​IMG]

At the top of Bowers Peak:
    [​IMG]

Me:
    [​IMG]

pwrtrippin
    [​IMG]

Pulling a Todd:
    [​IMG]

Big John
    [​IMG]

pwrtrippin & I waiting for the others to get really far so we could blast over the rough sections...its much easier the quicker you go...
    [​IMG]

Are we lost again!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The trails were pretty nice on Friday:
    [​IMG]

Overall Friday was a pretty good ride, was not all that hard and it was a fun group ride. :freaky
  7. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Saturday's Ride....
    Google map GPS tracks:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...88,-106.659393&spn=0.288874,0.703125&t=h&z=11

Downloadable GPX file of the tracks:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6036376/GPX Files/RMAR/South Fork/SouthForkSaturdayLoop.gpx

Camp is a little fuller now...
    [​IMG]

So pwrtrippin & I head out to see Summitville and get lost, first stop Beaver Creek Reservoir.
    [​IMG]

We come across a side road that looks like fun so we hit it.
    [​IMG]

Here comes pwrtrippin to explore the side road.
    [​IMG]

It pretty much was a dead end, but was a blast to ride.
    [​IMG]

On our way to Summitville we go up to the radio tower (360a if I recall right).
    Here is pwrtrippin adding a rock for the RMAR
    [​IMG]

The view from up there was great...and I would say the ride up is big bike friendly.

[​IMG]

Here is the first set of building we came to for Summitville...pretty cool they are still standing.

[​IMG]

Further down the road there are a lot more buildings.
    [​IMG]

We rode the XR's up on a trail and walked around.
    [​IMG]

Dark clouds everywhere Saturday...at this point we are still dry.
    [​IMG]

The old pump house:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we decide to go back to the radio tower and see where and what trail 700 is all about:
    [​IMG]

Then the rain started, the trail was soooo muddy and rutted from ATV's that it was really hard. Also the rain came down pretty good too, so I did not get many pictures of the fun sections...next year I'll have the GoPro HD so not to miss anything.

This trail was very nice though....even in the rain with the mud. We were above timberline a lot, but would dip down to the trees from time to time....in the tree areas we had to deal with roots, rocks and more mud.

[​IMG]

Leaving a tree section...
    [​IMG]

This is looking back, this hill was pretty steep, well maybe not too steep but the slick mud made it that much more fun. I blew that corner, when I hit the rear brake it slide me to the left and off the trail...which confused pwrtrippin as he was coming down behind me and thought I was turning around...we thought at any moment this trail might just END...LOL I think he saved the bike in this spot, and I saved mine trying to turn around.

[​IMG]

Pwrtrippin looking calm...
    [​IMG]

Trying to get mud shots...you can see where the 6.3 gallon tank had somehow scooped up mud. I wonder how that happened!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Signs start to be lacking, which way out of here!!! Luck for us the rain decided to stop so I was able to get out the map and try and figure out where we were. On the way I was marking points on the GPS just in case we had to go back. Lucky for us I figure out where we are...so we hang a right, once through the gate then we noticed the trail marker laying down.

[​IMG]

You can see at this point we are back above timberline as we are trying to find 702 to get out to a trail head listed on the map.

[​IMG]

We find 702 and it is a very steep bitch of a trail...plus the mud, plus the ruts, and not to mention more cows to watch out for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We get to the end of 702 which is a trail head
    [​IMG]

We take a break seeing as it is now dryer out...
    [​IMG]

We end up coming out near Monte Vista which is along US160, we then head to a gas station, and then to a restaurant called Boogies as we see very dark clouds towards South Fork. Once back it is still pretty dark out, and a lot of people are still out...

[​IMG]

This is later on once John got back...hard at work like always...
    [​IMG]

More hard workers...
    [​IMG]

That's all I have....a great trip. John let me know where you decide to hold the next event...I want to book my Cabin/Hotel room ASAP...LOL I'm not a camper that is for sure.
  8. grub

Oddometer:
    Modette I feel your pain, I ride up 702 all the time because it is the fastest way to the high country from my house, there is one little pitch right at timberline after a sharp right hand that I have NEVER made it up on the first try, and believe me, there have been alot of first tries :rofl
  9. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve PussyWagon™ Chauffeur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great meeting you & Grub on Thursday, thanks for showing me & Cyberdos around.

Thursday's pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    Saturday's Tewksberry Trail Ride

Following Grub, merickk & huskerdude...bar ditch hopping on the R1200GS Adventure

<OBJECT height=360 width=640>

<embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2010071401.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9OTU3NjM1ODE5Jms9czVmS2UmYT0xMzE3MzczNl9jYmdtNyZ1PVdpbGRUdXJrZXlOTQ==" width="640" height="360" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></OBJECT></P>Click here to access HD version
  11. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:

When I finally finished the last nasty rocky section of the Tewksberry Trail, I got turned around and pointed the Beak Cam at the rest of the crew coming down. Merickk shows of his madd skillzz.

<embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2010071401.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9OTU3OTk5NDc4Jms9bTRtdFkmYT0xMzE3MzczNl9jYmdtNyZ1PVdpbGRUdXJrZXlOTQ==" width="640" height="360" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></OBJECT></P>Click here to access HD version
  12. grub

Oddometer:
    What kind of camera is that, I think I want one.
  13. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    I believe it's the GoPro Hero cam. It's the same one I have. They came out with the HD version and the regular one came down in price considerably. I bought mine in Costco for $100. Takes a real nice wide angle view. I'll post up some vids of my own when I get around to editing them.

Great pics so far. :thumb
  14. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    GoPro Hero HD with the Motorsports Kit which includes a handfull of amazingly sticky mounts that allow the camera to be clipped in and out as needed.

More bits of footage to come...as I fill up the tiny little upload pipe that my satellite internet service gives me.
  15. grub

Oddometer:
    Thanks man, then I would me able to take nice green videos and send them down to you desert boys when it's 110 at midnight
  16. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    The HD version is in the $300 range. If you want old school small and fuzzy, you can go the ~$100 cheap route. If you want people to actually watch you videos these days...you have to spring for HD.
  17. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Actually it is only $250 at newenough.com...there is another site that was doing $219 on the HD version...you only pay $300 if you buy it in a store.

HD Version takes rechargeable battery made for the unit, so get a few when you buy it...also it lets you use a 32GB card...so get a few of those and your good to go. I only point this out because I know Grub rides a lot like I do and one battery will not cut it...I probably get two extras.

Edited to say:
    Here is the site...now there was some controversy with these people...but some claim they are the real deal...I would spend the extra and buy from newenough.com...but if you want to say that few extra bucks then here you go....

http://www.superbikesupply.com/mm5/...S&Product_Code=camera-gopro-01&Category_Code=
  18. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    My $300 quote included a few of the extras. I carry four 16GB SD cards and 4 batteries. I have found that the battery with a full charge will run for +/- 2 hours. In the two resolution modes I use most often, a 16GB card will be close to full in that same 2 hours. Since I'm going to have to open up the case to change the battery, I figure I might as well swap out the SD card. One issue I have found is that I get so into my riding that I forget to stop and check the camera and find that the card had filled up and quit shooting. If I just swap out the battery and card at the same time, I can pay attention to the ~2 hour time frame...works for me.
  19. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Not to go to far off topic...LOL do you use the timer mode to take stills while riding...and how long does the battery last in that mode, and the 16gb card? That is what I am most interested in for my road/trail review site....although I do plan to shoot videos of certain trails of interest...most do not take 2 hours for me to ride though.
  20. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:

Grub, Merickk, Huskerdude and I were done with the Tewksberry and were on other roads where it had rained pretty heavily the night before. I got up next to Huskerdude and it looks like I took the clean line and he ended up dancing in a rut...fortunately he won the dance.

<embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2010071401.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9OTU4MzU3NDEzJms9TTY5WjcmYT0xMzE3MzczNl9jYmdtNyZ1PVdpbGRUdXJrZXlOTQ==" width="640" height="360" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></OBJECT></P>Click here to access HD version