1. Livestream Today at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

2010 Rocky Mountain Adventure Rally

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Big_John, Oct 7, 2009.

1. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Go to hear they are doing better....
  2. SabaRocket

SabaRocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just had some time between loads of laundry to check on the care site for Joe and Traci. The doctors have decided to kee Joe a few more days in the ICU since he has become more active, he is a handful as he is trying to go mechanic on something.......trying to fix the bed to make it longer. They sat him up in a chair yesterday for a few minutes however this caused his lungs to hurt and his blood pressure to sky rocket, He is woozy and weak and by sitting him up it showed him that no matter what he thinks he is not ready to get up and walk out the door. While he was sitting up his blood pressure went skyrocketing but it came down once he was back in bed. Good sign that the body is responding. His stomach is still an issue as it isn't digesting properly. Joe thinks that some beer and pizza just might do the trick.:slurp Wonder if he might be onto something there?
    Oh well. Liz is trying to get the nursing staff to allow Joe and Traci to see eachother as she feels that this could help both of them in the healing process.

Well that is all that there is.

The Rocket:trp
  3. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    I want to mention that just because there aren't many people posting here doesn't mean we're not following along and hoping for the best. Thanks for all the updates and let them know we're all pulling for them.
  4. princess jamaica

princess jamaica OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS

Oddometer:
    we stopped by on tuesday,but liz was at the hospital.the lady at the desk said liz and goat were overwhelmed by all the $$ and calls.she also said they were all surprised by how nice everyone was at the ralley,and the clean up afterward.:clap
  5. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    +1
  6. SabaRocket

SabaRocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not much to report on Joe this morning. His care page has not been up dated yet.
    Traci on the other hand ...........has pulled the feeding tube out four times, has pulled out her catherter, has pulled on her trach tube, and she was unable to get her pain meds since she kept pulling out the nose tube, so yesterday she was in a great deal of pain and very agitated, but not awake. They can not replace the feeding tube, because the jaw is wired shut and they have to be able to place a scope down her throat in order to place it properly. They do not want to open up her stomach as she has already had 8 surgeries to date. The doctors have put her on meds now that are keeping her asleep and her agitation down.

That's all for now folks. Will post again when there is news on Joe.
    Have a good one.
  7. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    2011 Thread is up and active.

2010 Thread set to regionals.
  8. SabaRocket

SabaRocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It seems that Lizz was having a bit of a problem in posting for the last few days so here is all that has gone on since Friday....... Physical Thearpy came by on Friday to try and get Joe standing, however he had spaghietti legs and this wore him out so he slept the rest of the day. Friday evening at about 6 pm they moved him out of ICU and into 2 east room 287. Poor Liz! Her first night in the new diggs and here is what has happened.....Joe chewed a peice of his trach collar in two......tried to diconnect his heart monitor....tore the O2 moniter into pieces....and tried to yank out the cathiter. Seems to me that this boy wants nothing to do with the hospital.

Saturday was un-eventful as Joe napped most of the day. A neighbor (Jared) came for a visit and ended up keeping Joe busy while Liz caught a nap. Later in the evening Joe learned how to work the remote control on the tv and as such the volume was going up and down all night long. Liz and Jared played catch and yoyo ball until 4 am.

Sunday...... Today was a good day. Joe worked on thumbs up, high five and knocking fists. What hospital (name) and peace signs. The doctors have decressed the size of the trach in preperation for the placement of a passamire valve, (tomorrow) which will hopefully allow him to talk and eat. His belly seems to be working now and the doctors have increased his food intake. :wings
    Tonight he had 30 minutes of real clearity. He understood what has happened, he asked questions,he told the family to tell Traci that he was sorry. He then slipped back into his other state when Liz has to keep him from pulling things out.

The Rocket!
  9. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    hang in there Joe.
  10. Downhill Dave

Downhill Dave Busco aventura

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the updates SabaRocket and it's great that they are improving so much every day. :clap
  11. tgeliot

tgeliot Topher

Oddometer:
    John, I know you got some pictures of me flailing around in the mud. I'm sure my family would be right proud to see what a mess I made of things.

Also, there was some lady riding on the back of a bike on John's "easy" Friday ride snapping away with her SLR. Does anyone know who that is, and if she's posted her pictures anywhere?

Thanks!
    Topher
  12. pkman

pkman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The lady snapping pictures from the back of the GS was SabaRocket. I think she posted some on the 2010 RMAR picture thread that John started.
  13. SabaRocket

SabaRocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know it has been a couple of days since I posted....... What can I say?
    Yes that was me snapping away with the SLR from the back of a 1200 GS BMW. Nope I have not had the chance to post pics yet. Will get to it soon. However some of the shots that I took have been posted by John.:thumbup

What's going on with Joe and Traci? Here it is......
    On Monday when Liz posted Joe was sleeping like a baby. No drugs! He in fact had spent Monday folding paper airplanes, hitting a ballon back and forth, playing with a squeeze ball, etch-a-sketch and some button thing that makes farting noises. The docs have placed the passamir valve so now he is able to talk. Physical therapy and rehabers came in they had him sit on the side of his bed, they stood him up twice, had him sit in a chair for 10 minutes. It was a real eye opener for Liz to see how far he has come and how far he still has to go. Respiratory thearpy and neurology came in and did assesments on him. Liz was able to get permission from his doctors for a popsicles. He enjoyed his popsicles very much but he did want a Dr. Pepper instead.:dg He wants to eat and yet the doctors on Monday were still with holding food. So he is still looking for that Pizza and Beer:slurp
    At this point Liz is asking if anyone has any connections to Social Sercurity or Medicaide? The hospital has given her the impression that they want to transfere Joe to a special needs nursing home or release him into her care. Liz wants him to go into a good rehab hospital at lest for a while. She feels like it will take a while for the paper work to go through and that the hospital just wants him out which is disappointing after the wonderful care they have given him up to this point. Liz is ready to fight the battles but she needs to know where to begin.

Traci now has a feeding tube in her stomach. She had to have it surgically placed on Monday, and she came through surgery number 9 just fine. They have not posted anything more on her web site other than they are waiting to see what the out come will be when she wakes up. That was posted on Tuesday night. So I will check her later and see if there is any more news.

14. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve PussyWagon™ Chauffeur Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. tgeliot

tgeliot Topher

Oddometer:
  16. SabaRocket

SabaRocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nothing new to post today. Will check later on this afternoon.
  17. SabaRocket

SabaRocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Joe took his first steps today!:wings Physical thearpy came and took him for a walk down the hall and back. Then he sat in a wheel chair and went for a ride to see Traci. The doctors did a swallow test on him and he has had his first meal.:slurp spaghetti and meatballs:dg Today he had surgery to remove the screen that was keeping control on the clots, and they have removed his trach tube:wings The stiches from the right eye lid have been removed, and the nerve damage has given him some sight problems. He now has a lazy eye, however the doctors feel that this too shall pass. They are hoping to remove the catheter tonight. He is able to stay awake for longer and longer peroids of time.

Traci has been moved into a room a bit closer to Joe in hopes that the close proximity will help both to heal faster. The physical thearipist saw here today and said that she was doing well at following commands and identifing pictures. :wings She is recovering at a much slower pace than is Joe. Her family is worn out as they have been the ones to attend to her as there are so many patients and staffing is limited. Their family has now been hit with some kind of illness and so they are unable right now to come and take care of her. Her sister will be returning tomorrow (Friday). Traci continues to pull things out on a regular basis and with no one to stay with her through the night.....

That is it for now.

SabaRocket.
  18. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Great news!! :clap:clap
  19. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    ...on another note.....

I finally finished my stooopid ride report and am currently out pimpin' it to anybody dumb enough to click one of my links. :pimp
  20. SabaRocket

SabaRocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Doc wants me to stop with the posts on Joe and Traci. Would like some feed back from the masses here.

SabaRocket.:trp