2011 GS800 Raising Links

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by ashmaxwell, Feb 26, 2020.

1. ashmaxwell

ashmaxwell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    6ft3 34 inch inseam - wondering are there any similarly statured riders out there who have had issues with the suspension height and if they've raised the bike?

I rode a rented GS800 in Germany a few years back and remember finding the riding geometry a little cramped. Keen to get everyone's input.

Don't have the bike yet - lurking in prep for Canadian Spring!
  2. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    Sargent http://www.sargentcycle.com ( and probably other companies ) will make you a custom height seat.
    I had them make me one that was ~1" taller than stock. In addition to making the ride-height better it's also more comfortable.
    ashmaxwell likes this.
  3. rcb78

rcb78 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Only thing I can think of is the Touratech Extreme setup, be prepared for sticker shock. It's a long travel shock and fork cartridge combo, but only for the 2013 and later bikes (forks are different). If you don't have the bike yet, maybe consider a later model?
    ashmaxwell likes this.
  4. ashmaxwell

ashmaxwell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think I'd go seatconcepts based on the cost of the Sargent to be honest but thats a good call. I'm interested in suspension dog bones for the rear to raise the whole bike.
  5. ashmaxwell

ashmaxwell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Holy sticker shock indeed!! I think I'd go taller seat and I'm interested in suspension dog bones for the rear to raise the whole bike before I'd upgrade the whole show. Thanks for the response.
  6. rcb78

rcb78 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The issue is that there is no linkage on F800GS, it's direct mount. So the change has to be with the shock/fork if you go that route. Agree though that a taller seat is probably the better route if you're not planning to overhaul the suspension anyways.
    ashmaxwell likes this.
  7. drneo

drneo mmm... delicious

Oddometer:
    buy yourself an airhawk seat cushion - increased seat height, plus a longer riding experience:clap
    ashmaxwell likes this.