2011 Indianapolis MotoGP Rally (4th Annual) Aug 26-28

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by GrayWolf, Mar 23, 2011.

1. GrayWolf

GrayWolf Lupine Rider

Oddometer:
    I will be hosting the 4th annual Indianapolis MotoGP campout and bonfire again this year. Last year we had a great turnout and I hope to see some of the same faces again this year. We have a few people who have made every rally.

When:
    The race this year is August 28th (Sunday). I will allow free camping on my property (I have several acres, I can accommodate as many as wish to attend) for the week before and after the race.

Where:
    6240 W. Ralston Rd
    Indianapolis IN, 46221

Food/Cooking: I will be leaving a grill in the camping area which everyone is free to use. I will also have coolers with ice to keep things fresh.

Bonfire:
    I will be hosting a bonfire again this year. Last year we had a great turnout and lots of food. Keep in mind the city will be putting on a LOT of activities. There will be flat track racing, stunting, drag racing, and more. Since many folks will not be here during the week leading up to the race I will again hold the bonfire Saturday (August 27th) before the race. If you want to attend other activities the bonfire will probably still be going on when you return. For those that want to attend I will be asking for donations so I can put out a spread. Last year we had burgers, brats, hotdogs, salmon, potato salad, chips, veggies, not to mention beer.

Bathrooms: Last year there were nowhere near enough donations for a port-o-let so I'm thinking it will be the same this year. (They are very expensive around here that weekend, go figure). As always the trees and the creek are available. In the past there has never been a problem and I don't anticipate one this year either. People are welcome to come to the house to do their business. There are very nice pay showers at the track as well for those who want them. There is also a truck stop one exit away that was utilized last year for showers.

Race Day:
    I will not be attending the race this year, however, I can still lead a bunch of folks to the track on Race Day if it is necessary. The track is less then 10 miles from my home and we made it last year in under 20 minutes. I know a few shortcuts to skip a great deal of the traffic.

If you are coming please post here and I'll try to make a list. I'll also answer any questions. If folks want to donate for the bonfire and cookout early my paypal account is eli at differnet dot org. If I have enough attendees (and donations) I will rent a port-o-let for the camping area.

Hope to see you here!
    -GW
  2. TomZachary

TomZachary Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GW,

I've already requested my leave for that weekend! I hope that JimZachary buys my SV so he can make it down too.
  3. Jim Z

Jim Z Honda Hornet

Oddometer:
    I'll be there one way or another. Only missed the first year and don't plan on missing any more!
  4. Expatriated

Expatriated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live in Fishers so I don't need to camp but it sounds interesting enough that I think I'll ride on by and hang with some of you guys:clap
  5. Savoir-Faire

Savoir-Faire Powered by Hate

Oddometer:
    I have to tell you, I went down for the inaugural GP weekend and never did make my way over to your place. That's my one regret for that weekend. It's mighty gracious of you to give what you do. I take my hospitality obligations pretty seriously, and your generosity puts 99% of us here to shame.

I may or may not make it down -- it's tough with the college schedule -- but regardless of that, I just want you to know that even those who don't attend appreciate it.
  6. GrayWolf

GrayWolf Lupine Rider

Oddometer:
    Savoir-Faire: Thanks for the kind words, I really enjoy having everyone here.

Expatriated: There are a bunch of locals who stop by just for the bonfire. You are welcome!

Tom/Jim: Its great seeing faces year after year, I look forward to seeing you guys again.
  7. Expatriated

Expatriated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sweet. I'll definitely bring some food. Originally from the South, I've mastered my grandmother's pecan pie recipe--I can bring some of those :)

What's the overall attitude of this party? I'm asking because my 7 year old will be riding to some of the activities around town with me and he might be with me when I show up. Is this just a bunch of people having a typical good time or is it hard-core drinking, felonious debauchery and Roman-style romance from chandeliers destined to launch him into puberty at 8 years old?
  8. TomZachary

TomZachary Adventurer

Oddometer:
    HAHA! From my experiences, there are always a few little ones and a family or two other than GW's there. The belligerence really doesn't start from the beer drinking wine toting guys until about 1AM when the political religious debates heat up. haha. It really is a good time for all...and by that I mean people of all age whether on 2 wheels or 4...or more. It's a GREAT TIME...oh and can I call dibs on a piece of that pecan pie?!
  9. AviatorTroy

AviatorTroy Following my front fender

Oddometer:
    Well that sounds like a good time. I have always camped out behind turn 2 at the Indy Mile during the flat track race and then putted over to the speedway in the morning, but maybe I can talk my crew into something different this year. How far are ya from the fairgrounds?

Argh, Google mapped it, kinda far...
  10. dirtfarmerrich

dirtfarmerrich Richard Supporter

Oddometer:
    G W, I will be attending again this year. Last year was a great time both at your place and the races. Thanks for your hospitality.:clap
  11. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1; Good people, food, drink, bone fire & race for the 2nd year for us = we had a great time and thanks again for your hospitality as well !

:freaky
  12. Shatrat

Shatrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be attending.
    Not sure what day I'll be rolling into Indy or who I'll be bringing with me, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.
  13. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    Friday --all day is practice for the second annual EnduroX @ the Pepsi Colusum.
    Race starts @ 7pm
  14. BobZerunkel

BobZerunkel Ride, Fill, Repeat

Oddometer:
    G W, I will be coming down to Indy this year from Ontario, Canada. I will be with several others and do not know what their plans are yet, but I will make sure I stop by and say hi.
    Mighty nice of you.

Regards, Bob :D
  15. omnivore

omnivore SuperSportTourer

Oddometer:
    Also from Ontario, and would love to drop in and meet some new faces. I might be alone, I might have a compadre or two. Depends who I can talk into a 4 day ride thru NY/PA/WV/KY en route to Indy,LOL

Got the address, and I will save it to fav's in my GPS
  16. Shaftdrive

Shaftdrive Passion or Sickness?

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gray Wolf, I've been down there for the past 3 GP's and hope to make it 4!! I'm coming from Toronto and I'll probably be riding in Thursday evening. Haven't been to your place before but certainly looking forward to it. Probably heading down solo.
  17. Plane Dr

Plane Dr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know if I'll be biking it this year or not. My brother and I will be parked in the RV lot across from the track, we may stop out for a beer. Hard to say there was lots of beer flowing where we were last year.

Nice to know some ADV's getting together there!:clap
  18. Eurobiker

Eurobiker Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    :lurk :freaky
  19. explr

explr Just Stooopid

Oddometer:
    I just came across this and am off that weekend. I wanted to go last year, but work got in the way, again. Still gotta work out some details, but it's looking good. I will let you know soon and make a donation. Awesome! Thanks for doing this!
  20. GrayWolf

GrayWolf Lupine Rider

Oddometer:
    Sounds great, there is no "donate by" date, most folks just chip in when they arrive. I usually do the shopping the day of anyway when I know how many to buy for.

-GW