2011 Indianapolis MotoGP Rally (4th Annual) Aug 26-28

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by GrayWolf, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Megadeus

Megadeus Motorcycles are therapy Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm tentatively working as a flagged for this race so we'll see if I'm too tired to come out each night.
  2. bsquared62

bsquared62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am tentative, as I need to check with the others in the group. Not for camping, but just for the bonfire.

Brad
  3. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    This is an incredibly generous offer -thank you in advance. I am currently "negotiating" this trip from Toronto with two other friends and noticed that other inmates have responded to this thread who are planning to leave from the Toronto area. If there is any interest in riding with us (for those riding alone, etc.), let's stay in touch over the next few weeks to try to plan...Feel free to keep an eye on this thread or PM me anytime.

GW, as we get closer to the date and I confirm our trip, I will reach out to you to see what I can do to help make this great for everyone.
  4. Pint

Pint multi-tasker

Oddometer:
    Hey, thanks for posting this very generous offer. I came across this and thought I would take you up on your offer. I am currently deployed in Iraq and will be flying into Seattle, WA to pick up my new Bike mid Aug. I will then be heading your way for the Indy MotoGP. I have attended many races at Laguna but look forward to getting to see the historic Indy Track! I will be traveling with my wife and we should be showing up Late Thurs night, if the 'camp grounds' are open by then, ha. I am MORE than happy to donate a few hundred $ to this awesome experience. If it is OK, I hope to meet you and share a fun weekend with a group of moto enthusiasts.

By the way, I will be riding 2 up with my wife but no other bikers, so if anybody on here is heading that way from the west hit me up and lets see if we can travel together or meet-up part way.
    Thanks again for such a cool and truly gracious offer!:clap
  5. GrayWolf

GrayWolf Lupine Rider

Oddometer:
    All,

I just got back from a big ride and have to re-orient. Thread seems to be a bit slow this year but for those two of you who asked yes this is still on. I'll be home from now until the race and should have everything ready over the next week or so. Feel free to arrive early or leave late, plenty of room.

Look forward to seeing you all,
    -GW
  6. skidd

skidd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i would like to hang out after the race saturday
  7. fatfatboy

fatfatboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW! I asked a question over at the Racing section and was pointed to here. Sounds like a great time.
    This will be my first Indy trip, actually its my first MotoGP race ever, and it looks like this could really put icing on the cake.

I was thinking about setting up camp and then going to the Rolling Concours on Thursday night. Would it be too early to set up camp late Thursday afternoon?

On another note. Since this is my first trip to Indy I'm not sure where the good seating is at. I went to the Indy site and there is quite a few choices starting with the General Admission 3 day pass for $60.00 on up. Any suggestions?
  8. Uglyprimate

Uglyprimate UglyPirate

Oddometer:
    If it's hot, the covered seating is nice.

Gen admission is great if you like to migrate around the track.

But this is a speedway track, you can't see it all from one vantage point and it's hard to really get close due to all the fencing and safety zones. There aren't any hills, this is Indiana. It's not in the country, it's in a downtown location.

There are Jumbotrons broadcasting the video feed in several locations.

The Meridian Street bike scene is a lot of fun if you're into tons of people, tons of bikes and a circus atmosphere.

Don't forget the Indy Mile race at the fairgrounds.
  9. jgunsett

jgunsett Goin' Coastal

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if they are planning to close Meridian Street off to 4 wheeled traffic again this year? For me, the highlight of the weekend has been the Friday and Saturday night partying on Meridian. I heard that the Speedway is going to keep the infield open this year on Friday and Saturday nights and will have live rock 'n' roll from the infield concert stage, but I wasn't sure if Meridian Street will still be the place to go or if I should just plan on hanging out at the Speedway.
  10. mhaas

mhaas intrpd travlrwanabe

Oddometer:
    I'll find my way by sat night after the race. I'll be F+C on turn 3 all weekend.
    See ya'll there
  11. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this and Graywolf's generous offer. Depending on scenarios either pulling in Thursday evening, or Friday morning. Might end up in Indy around 3am Thursday so we'll sleep in the van somewhere else.
    Graywolf, want anything from NYC? Maybe some "real" bagels? Ask and I will do my best to get it for you.
    BTW if you haven't seen the mile has been cancelled. Which is very reasonable and appropriate, though I am sad to miss it.
  12. Uglyprimate

Uglyprimate UglyPirate

Oddometer:
    Stop at Calandras Bakery in Fairfield NJ and bring my wife about 15 cheesecakes
  13. GrayWolf

GrayWolf Lupine Rider

Oddometer:
    Thursday is fine, I believe there will already be at least two folks Thursday night. Look forward to seeing you.

-GW
  14. GrayWolf

GrayWolf Lupine Rider

Oddometer:
    My family is from Brooklyn, I'll see if anyone wants anything. :evil

-GW
  15. Mgbgt89

Mgbgt89 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Indy mile is cancelled this year since they're still investigating the stage collapse.
  16. Shatrat

Shatrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In case you're trying to keep some kind of headcount, I'll be bringing 4 people with me this year on Saturday to camp out, up from 2 last year.
    My two brothers, my girlfriend, and a sister in law.

I'm looking forward to it!
  17. fatfatboy

fatfatboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm probably going to regret this but I decided that since this is my first year I went ahead and bought a camping spot at the track to get the whole Indy experience, whether its good or bad.
    I may still come by and say howdy and thank you in person for your generous offer. Heck I may get sick of the crowd and just bring my tent and bedroll with me. I'm going solo so I can change my mind at anytime.
    Thanks for the offer GrayWolf.
  18. GrayWolf

GrayWolf Lupine Rider

Oddometer:
    You may or may not regret it, depends on what you want out of the weekend. Sleeping at the track is rough, its an all night party most nights. If you find yourself wanting a little peace drop on by. And do come by for the bonfire Saturday. I have a LOT of wood this year and should also have plenty of food.

I cleaned up the rest of this years deadfall this weekend and prepped everything. Last year the flames were around four stories, would not be surprised at all if we top that this year. I think I got all the poison ivy but do be careful if you head into the woods.

-GW
  19. tkitna

tkitna "Jim Jordan 2024"

Oddometer:
    Are you shitting me? The Indy Mile is the best part of the entire weekend. That sucks, but all things considered, there's more important things to think about.
  20. BigEasy

BigEasy Fish Eyed Heathen

Oddometer:
    Hey does anybody have a line on track lap vouchers? My source is not looking hopeful this year.

Hey GW:wave Did you pick you a name for the new bike yet?