2011 LA-Barstow-Vegas Dual Sport Ride

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by GalacticGS, Sep 4, 2011.

1. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    C'mon, Stu. Really? The Starbucks thing was funny the first eight or nine times.
  2. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    Did you know that SB in Chicago is gonna launch a pilot program selling Beer and wine?

Looks like BMW will be a new 1%er choice, wonder if I can fit some strait pipes...hmmmm:hmmmmm

Whale forskin patch vest....:D
  3. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    That's funny. The other one was kind of like "well I know there's a joke here somewhere... I'll just say Starbucks"

I was at Starbucks the other day riding my GSA and suddenly I Starbucks the Starbucks all over my brand new whale-Starbucks Starbucks suit.
  4. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    GREAT NEWS!

My Body Glove Sponsor agreed to co-brand my bike. Check out my new sponsor sticker

Attached Files:

5. mantramoto

mantramoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This was my first LAB2V, rode it on my DR650 and had a blast! 50% hardways and 50% regular route. Was also my first time riding with a GoPro and making a video. First video attempt was 35 minutes, my wife fell asleep after 7 minutes so I decided that I should distill the footage to only 7 min. Enjoy...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gk1UCVBg2Tw?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
  6. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    Great video! Great soundtrack too. Beatie Boys and Moby. Be sure to post up on the main ride report thread too. Great stuff.
  7. fmfpunk

fmfpunk Hooligan in training

Oddometer:
    I gotta do this ride next year. Don't let me wuss out.

Roughly how many riders do the ride, anyone know?
  8. mantramoto

mantramoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think there were 505 this year!
  9. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    507 is the official number although it was less than 500 for each day as some only rode one day of the event
  10. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    A day 1 casuality from the easy route:

IMG_20111125_142947.jpg

Note the frame color :evil
  11. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:
    WTF! I'm gonna need more info on that 690! I see luggage racks, but come on, there is no way that overloading was the sole cause of the linkage breaking.:eek1 What else got taken out with it?
  12. Kiethco

Kiethco Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Todd,
    the last pic of you three is my favorite pic of the ride, let me tell you why. A couple months ago you guys reached out and set up a little meet and greet with me and some of the wives. It was great, they talked about wine and shopping, we talked about riding, tires, and gps tracks. You guys took some advice from me and other more experienced riders and showed up ready to ride. The pic of you guys all dirty, bikes a little worse for wear, and ear to ear smiles tells the story. You came, you rode, you took whatever came your way and out wit, out rode and out lasted the obstacle. Remember what I said, 400 riders, 400 different stories and we all end up in Vegas. I told you this would be a ride you'd never forget, the pic verified it for me. Thanks for making my La-B-to-V weekend.
    I'm looking forward to getting together for a little dinner get together after the first of the year!
  13. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Kind words Kieth ... thanks for everything. By the way, keep finding old pics and thought you would get a kick out this one.

[​IMG]
  14. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

nice vid.

there's a rouge rider at 6:59....:eek1
  15. GK_The_German

GK_The_German Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Keith,

Thank you for this nice words and I must tell that your advises were very, very helpful.

My bike suffered a bit but I will do the ride next year again and it doesn't matter to me from where I have to fly in.

Let's have a nice evening together at my house in January. Made a movie from the ADV route we can watch!!

I will send out an invitation at this forum and who ever wants to come is invited. :deal

I make sure that this time the beer doesn't run out. :freaky :lol3

@Marc!! Hope to see you then.

Gerd
  16. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    count me in!

Thanks, Gerd! :clap
  17. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    Just got a special present in the mail today from Gerd... it's his dvd showing pics and video from this year's LAB2V.

Not sure words can describe it....:eek1

Day 1 shows Gerd flying like a bat out of hell, passing thumpers left and right. I think at one point I saw him put a dress on one of them and then saw them serving him a drink :rofl

Day 2 had some D E E P S A N D! Only one "dismount" shows up on the video although I know there were a few. I had zero on day one and two on day two myself.

Whatever you do, make it over to Gerd's to see it later in January if you can.

Watch LAB2V done on big bikes :evil
  18. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    Is your pig fixed up yet?
  19. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:

Waita minute .... checkin the mail now, hope I got one too!
  20. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:

:snore