1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

2011 Rocky Mountain Adventure Rally

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Big_John, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf High functioning sociopath

Oddometer:

If you can, stay at the Lodge, Faith was great and we were really happy with the place. An official ADV approved and endorsed business.:deal
  2. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
  3. COONDOG

COONDOG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Made it home, straight run through the mountains and Cannon City, then into Pueblo, Unloaded the bike and passed out! It is scorching around these parts! Wanted to say thanks to all that made this happen as well as all the vendors whom participated. It was a extremely great time and my hat is off to all the help as well that pitched in at the lodge. Thanks for a great time and unlimited memories. Looking forward to the next one for sure! And a big thanks to Big John's wife for the Potato Recipe!! Scott..
    [​IMG]
  4. txbear55

txbear55 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Long ride home after a GREAT rally. Many thanks to John and crew for organizing things and feeding us well! Thanks to Tellydoug for leading the "Hauling Ass and Carnage Ride". The Colorado rocks and trails were left with GS paint and other bits and pieces, compliments of myself, Skip, and Andrew! Hopefully the photos will get posted. YZFcathy smoked us all in the twisties...hope we didn't slow you down too much! Thanks to Michael for hanging with me in the evenings...now if I can learn to ride as well as you so that my GS can avoid further damage!
  5. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey, if I can get those that won something to take a photo with some of the prizes that be cool. I want to email these companies some photos of the riders and prizes to say THANK YOU. Or if you all want to take it upon yourself to email them directly that be cool too.

ICON: jknauer@rideicon.com Justin Knauer
    BRP: jimr@brpmoto.com Jim Rios
    Neutech TUBliss: jeff@nuetech.com Jeff Douglas
    DSR: sales@motopeak.com (They gave the DVD's and Mirror)
    Klim: MKincart@klim.com Mark Kincart
    PitPosse: colten@pitposse.com Colten Maynard
    Motorcycle Consumer News: editor@mcnews.com
    Chaparral Racing: info@chaparralmotorsports.com

Remember next year they might give again, if they think the marketing was worth it. :D So people that got % off coupons please use them or give them to someone to use...it shows the marketing worked.

Thank you, and I hope you all enjoy the prizes....
  6. Big_John

Oddometer:
    This is a great idea and a strong strategy to keep vendors from one year to the next. Please have someone take a pic of you with your stuff and send to Modette. PM him for an email address.

Thanks, John

7. Oddfellow

Oddfellow Beasty Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Big John and all the rally crew. Big thanks to TellyDoug for the great ride Friday. Sorry you had to take off Saturday I was looking forward to another epic trek. Had a great time hanging with Barry, Cathy, Skip and Andrew. Hell I enjoyed everyone's company. Looking forward to next year. Telly's so good he can navigate with the Atlas upside down!

Attached Files:

8. big-t

big-t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks.We will be on 250's and 450's,but we are all getting pretty long in tooth. :lol3 so we are not looking for any real nasty stuff.

Probably looking for a mixed bag,with good scenery.I'm really looking forward to some of the milder single track like you have been posting in the "Salida" thread.

Great thread,thanks for posting it.:thumb
  9. big-t

big-t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks,I'll check it out
  10. co-steve

co-steve Den00b'ed

Oddometer:
    Just got home tonite, I left Saguache and headed to Montrose to do the Million Dollar Highway. Camped outside Silverton where it dropped to 33 last nite :eek1

Rode down to Durango this AM and then up 160 back to 285 to 24 back to Manitou. Beautiful ride!

Thanks Big John and all the others for putting this on - I can't wait till next year! :clap

Steve
  11. skidxr

skidxr Excuses

Oddometer:
    I'm home. It all worked out.

Thanks again to Terry, Tyler, Marcus, LB and everyone else who helped me.. You guys rock !!!

12. advtenn

advtenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap
    Thanks Kevin, had great time!
  13. advtenn

advtenn Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. DertRyde

DertRyde Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had a great time and made back to Wyoming last night after a stopover in Denver for a new tire.

Attached Files:

15. Big_John

Oddometer:
    Stickers and Patches.....

I have 2011 RMAR Stickers and the big Patches left over. If you want any of them, PM me.

$3 for the Sticker
    $5 for the Patch

Prices include postage and you can PayPal.

16. DARKTIMBER650

DARKTIMBER650 Often Cornfused

Oddometer:

Sorry to hear you didn't make it all the way on the weld Norm. I was looking forward to having you show-up next year with it still on there! :roflIt was probably all of the beer in the pannier on Saturday that caused the failure :freaky Riding it beat leaving it on the trailer though, at least until Stoney Pass! See you next year!

J.D.
  17. ScramblerDavis

ScramblerDavis aka DangerDavis

Oddometer:
    Amarillo,TX, but Rockies and Utah are best ridin'
    Well...it's always nice help out your fellow man who shears the shaft on his sprocket going uphill in the rain...even if you're stuck with him in the rain and hail for hours...light a fire and wonder....do you think they forgot us???!!!!!:rofl:lol3:clap

Attached Files:

18. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf High functioning sociopath

Oddometer:

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you found backup to help get you out. So, I wouldn't suggest putting your bike up for sale on this forum. :deal

Try CL, I won't tell. :D
  19. skidxr

skidxr Excuses

Oddometer:
    1997 Welduro High mileage with brand new perma sprocket.. Never have to change your sprocket again.. The Welduro is sought after the world over by adventure riders of all ages. Fully farkled only $6,999.97 Will consider trades for 09 or newer GS 1200... Maybe.

:huh
  20. Orange_Crash

Orange_Crash Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes it was, I hope to take you up on that fly and ride someday! By the way, I did toast the lower connecting rod. Good thing is, I think my valves survived!