2012 adventure ride series , riding partner

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by glh44026, Jan 1, 2012.

1. glh44026

glh44026 People of Earth..........

Oddometer:
    I am looking to find someone who is interested in hitting as many of the adventure series rides within a weekends travel.
    I am based in NE Ohio , and will share expenses . I sold my truck and trailer , but a 640 KTM followed me home and I got the itch again.
  2. Hoss119

Hoss119 n00b

Oddometer:
    Sounds interesting. You have anything in mind yet?:D
  3. glh44026

glh44026 People of Earth..........

Oddometer:
    Still waiting for the schedule to be announced , but would like to hit the dirty dabbers , one Wayne MC clubs one in NY , nutcracker , and the indiana one..........kinda ambitious , but do-able
  4. dazz

dazz 1947 Famous James.

Oddometer:
    The Hanging Rock at Lake Hope, Ohio will be held on May 19 and 20. From Bill K:"
    Just a heads up the ride is May 19 20 we will have a dualsport Saturday and a road enduro plus our adventure rides."
    daz, Deerfield, Ohio.
  5. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    So a dual sport ride sat, but what about sunday ?
    Adventure ride on sat and sun?
  6. dazz

dazz 1947 Famous James.

Oddometer:
    Leave the Gas Gas home and bring everything else and you can ride for at least two days. Sorry, I really can't answer your question yet but I'll try to get in touch with Bill Kaeppner.
    I've been taking two bikes. Dual sport for Saturday and adventure Sunday. At my age, 63, two days of tough dual sport beats me up too much. This time I may take three bikes so my son and his wife can ride the adventure with me on Sunday. You can't have more fun.
  7. Buckeye Dualsporter

Buckeye Dualsporter Buckeye Dualsporter1

Oddometer:
    This year's 16th Hanging Rock 200 May 19 /20 will be at Lake Hope State Park. It is part of the AMA Yamaha National Adventure Series. Saturday will have two routes. The first will be our traditional 100/110 mile dualsport trail ride. The second route Saturday will be a 140/150 mile adventure ride.
    Sunday will have a single 120/140 mile route (haven't laid the course out yet except on maps). You will be able to ride it at your own pace

OR

take a score card and ride it as a 30 MPH average Adventure Bike/ Dualsport Road Enduro. Either way it will be a fun day.

Folks who have ridden it in the past know how great the riding is and how good the lake's accomidations are. Did I mention we donate a lot of money to the local Vollunteer Fire Department and high school?
  8. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking maybe the Ktm for saturday dual sport ride and the Dr350 for sunday adventure ride.
  9. dazz

dazz 1947 Famous James.

Oddometer:
    Good thinking Gas Guy! Also don't miss the Durty Dabbers in Mill Hall, Pa. 6/2 and 6/3. They have Adventure and Dual Sport both days. Very mountainous, rocky and rugged.
  10. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Sounds fun, but I don't think I can make that one, between trying to make a few Ohio and Michigan Ama events and then trials events and then longer distance touring on the GSA and wife and kids and dogs and work its tough.
    And to think the first half of my life all I did was drink and work !!! LOL!! What happened !! LOL.
  11. dazz

dazz 1947 Famous James.

Oddometer:
    Not too far from N.E. Ohio:
    Zanesville Trail Riders dual sport ride on 7/14 and 7/15. Really in Chandlersville.
  12. Buckeye Dualsporter

Oddometer:

get a cabin at lake hope and bring the wife and kids. She will be the one reserving the cabins in the future. if you call the lake now I understand they have a couple dog friendly cabins
  13. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bill, I will look in to it.But I wonder if pet friendly applies to me, cause I have a yellow lab and 2 australian shepherds.
  14. Buckeye Dualsporter

Oddometer:
    When I read this and got to the applies to me I thought it was you they would object too:rofl
  15. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Yeah, either way, I'm prolly SOL.
    I better just come solo and hide out in the tent back by the woodline.LOL !!!
  16. dualsportride

dualsportride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If its not to far you should try out the Adventure Ride Stoney Lonesome puts on. It is mostly in the Hoosier National Forest, and very good gravel roads. We do the Adventure on Friday after sign ups, and then Dual Sport on Saturday, Sunday.
  17. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    GLH, for some reason I think we've met. Oh-Tard just bought a 690 also and lives up your way as well as another member Gene G. I ride a 640A to them when I can get the time to go.
  18. Buckeye Dualsporter

Oddometer:
    The flier for the hanging rock is posted on kaeppnerswoods.com and I will be starting a string with it soon. One of the local dealers (Ohiomotorcycle) will be doing a " Win a Factory Ride" promotion.