Gone 2012 Audi A3 S-Line - Fully loaded (SF Bay Area)

Discussion in 'Other' started by ubermick, Aug 7, 2019.

1. ubermick

ubermick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Up for sale is my wife's commuter car. Formerly mine, she's been dealer serviced her entire life with service records in hand. Currently sitting at 81,000 miles, all services done to date including the 75k (the big one) - the next big service isn't until 115k. Smoke-free drivers. Zero mechanical issues. Also includes Yakima roof rack with two bike trays (all feet and trays lockable, keyed to same lock.)

Rock solid car built in Germany, and fully loaded with most every option available at the time. S-Tronic transmission, leather, sport package, panoramic sunroof, navigation system, yada yada. (It's FWD, not quattro)

Wife decided she wanted to go electric. She's goddamn crazy.

Full disclosure - she had a minor rear ending around Christmas, which cracked the plastic of the rear bumper. Car was fully repaired by a platinum Audi shop who replaced it with a new OEM bumper rather than patching it and was laser demonstrated to us when we picked it up (really cool, actually!) And about a month ago, we noticed a small nickel-sized ding in the driver door that she thinks she picked up at a Safeway parking lot. It's a minor repair per the local body shop, just haven't done it yet so pricing this accordingly.

KBB is $10,500. Listed elsewhere for $9,500. Inmate price is $8,500.

Carfax is here.

IMG_3797.jpeg IMG_3799.jpeg IMG_3801.jpeg IMG_3804.jpeg IMG_3806.jpeg
    slime likes this.
  2. park6187

park6187 Experience whore Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is this a quattro?
  3. ubermick

ubermick Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's not - FWD version. Quattros were thin on the ground at the time, and the dealers wanted $3-4k over MSRP round these parts. Ended up going with this one since... well, Bay Area and the worst weather we see is a bit of rain.
  4. Murmur

Murmur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested for my daughter. She is looking for a car for her senior year in college (< $5k) and I am steering her away from coffin-on-wheel type cheap cars.
    Is this diesel? How about maintenance cost, reasonable?
    GLWS!
  5. szurszewski

szurszewski Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great looking Audi.

Heated seats?

Is there something going on with the passenger seat upholstery here:

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 10.20.57 AM.png

Thanks!

@ubermick ?
  6. ubermick

ubermick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huh. Nope, trick of the light or something? I'll post another photo of the area today.

(Reminder though, this IS an 8-year old car under $9k!)
    szurszewski likes this.
  7. szurszewski

szurszewski Long timer

Oddometer:
    Understood - but since there isn't much of the upholstery/interior shown in the pics and I can't swing by for a look, I thought I'd ask (seemed like something you'd have mentioned so I assumed it wasn't all peeling off ;) ).

Thanks for the reply - oh, wife still wants to know if the seats are heated.
    josh
  8. ubermick

ubermick Long timer

Oddometer:
    WHADDYA MEAN YOU CAN'T SWING BY FOR A LOOK?!?!? ;)

Sorry - yeah, there's "advertising" and then there's what I'd say to fellow inmates on advrider. I'm in no way gonna mislead or tell stories about the car, and certainly not on here, hence me being upfront about the ding and the fender bender. Nipped out to the car and took some pics of the interior in full sun.

IMG_3829.jpeg IMG_3830.jpeg IMG_3831.jpeg

Sorry II the sequel - brain parped on the question about the heated seats. Doesn't have the cold weather package (the only option it didn't come with) so no heated seats/wheel. Has the Premium Plus Package, Titanium Package, Convenience Package. (Bose audio, dimming rearview mirror with compass (oooh!), backup sensors...)