2012 Buffaloe 500 Dual Sport

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by dualsportride, Aug 2, 2012.

1. dualsportride

dualsportride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On August 11&12 the Stoney Lonesome MC will be hosting the Buffaloe 500 Dual Sport and Adventure ride. If your into dual sports that are like untimed enduros then this is a ride for you. If you would like to know more information here is a LINK.
  2. mcrider18

mcrider18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in!

3. dualsportride

Oddometer:
    I will be there also are you camping on the club grounds or making the trip from home in the morning?
  4. bgindy

bgindy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be there on Sunday - look me up - KDX 220 - plated.
  5. dualsportride

Oddometer:
    Looks like we should get rain on Thursday, and the high for the weekend is 82. This should be a perfect conditions for a ride in Aug.
  6. dualsportride

Oddometer:
  7. Rocky739

Rocky739 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the video! This was my first dual sport and I had a blast on that section, perfect trail with perfect conditions.
    Too bad I was beat to a pulp by the end or I would have done a second lap :puke1
  8. dualsportride

Oddometer:
    I think that a lot of guys had the thought of doing 2 laps at the first section twice, but after about the 18 mile marker they were like never mind I will do it next year.
  9. Rocky739

Rocky739 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haha, Too right. Was the black trail longer? I rode it but couldn't figure out where it rejoined the blue loop (I'm old and color blind apparently) some of the guys I was riding with earlier stayed on blue but were ahead of me at the end even though I went ahead at the water stop. I keep telling myself it must have added extra miles to feel better about it anyways.
    I'm pretty sure those last few mile markers were really about five miles apart! Definitely got my moneys worth!!!

I'm ready for the next ride already, this could become addictive!
  10. dualsportride

Oddometer:
    The first black section took you into the gully and you rode around in there a little while the blue just went up a little ways and by-passed the really hards section. We also couldn't figure out where they went back into each other.