2012 f800gs water pump issue-camshaft water pump drive gear loose

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Bee-rock, May 10, 2020.

1. Bee-rock

Bee-rock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fixed
    FredRydr likes this.
  2. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    Most likely it is the way you argue with people who give you answers you don't like... How's that higher pressure radiator cap working out for you BTW? I guess that didn't cure your problem just like everyone said Eh?

You may be a "Seasoned Mechanic" but you have a lot to learn... You are still wet behind the ears and need to learn to take the advice you ask for rather than argue with people.

I don't want to sound like a braggart as you do but I am a former ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech as well as a former Alfa Romeo Master Tech. My last year of certification was 1992... my guess is that was before you were born due to your arrogance. I have probably forgotten more than you will ever learn.

You do not impress the members on here by saying stupid things like you held the throttle to the rev limiter to purge the cooling system of air... my guess is people are reading your posts and laughing at you.
    Perhaps you would be better off asking your questions on a "Stunt Rider" forum because that is the type of mentality you project.

Don't expect any replies to your posts as you have likely burnt all of your bridges on this site.

BTW Here is a clue for the clueless...
    The reason the cogs are not keyed or pinned to the shafts are so they can slip or rotate should the water pump lock up in order to prevent the cam(s) from locking up resulting in further damage. Sounds to me like you bought a bike that was never maintained properly and the coolant was either never changed or the improper coolant was used resulting in electrolysis (I know that' a big word so corrosion to you) between the impeller and shaft/hub which is why you are having a hard time getting the impeller off...
  3. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
  4. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  5. Bee-rock

Bee-rock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The problem with these forums is you look at someone's post count for clout and experience and assume things if they sound a bit off without knowing any of their experience

now no one will know what issue I had and how I solved it thanks to a certain member running off at the mouth under assumptions
  6. Bee-rock

Bee-rock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And btw I finished 4th in the little Sahara harescamble in manahawkin years ago my first time entering, after sucking in water after the first turn and sidelined me for 20 minutes until I fixed it and came back from last position and was close to passing for 3rd but time ran out(30 racers in my class) you're barking up the wrong tree .

Yay you were a support rider in the pine barrens 500 dis you ever race?? I bet if I blurted some names out from down in your area you'd know them... Better yet what's your name?? I'll ask them if they know you
  7. SnoDrtRider

Oddometer:
    I don't race... I only support the sport. Racing is not important to me... I have nothing to prove to myself or others... only that they make it to the finish safely or be there to help when they don't.
    I was one of the guys who cut trail, trimmed trees, pounded posts, put up and removed arrows so others can race safely. People with attitudes like yours are one of the reasons I quit doing it.
  8. Eurolanc

Eurolanc Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So what happened with the water pump?
  9. Bee-rock

Bee-rock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And I never got a specific answer to my question about the rad cap. If people haven't done it that doesn't mean raising the pressure can't be done
    LOL attitudes like mine??? You assumed so much about me and called me names.. and I'm the one with an attitude?