2012 - June 9, Sat, Poopy's in Savanna, IL

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Chel_in_IL, May 2, 2012.

1. Chel_in_IL

Chel_in_IL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I posted this on ST-Owners.com, and since I'm a KLR rider too, I'm cross-posting between sites. :) Not sure what I'll ride... Heck, maybe the oil-burner.

Join us at Poopy's in Savanna, IL on Saturday, June 9th at 11a for lunch. Then we can ride some of the curvey roads just north of Savanna, perhaps going to Galena to peruse the shops.

www.poopys.com

It is a biker bar, but not your typical one. A huge covered patio, tables on their lawn, indoor eating, a campground, a band shell, and an accessories shop (probably nothing we'd buy unless you want doo-rags.) They have pretty decent food with an interesting theme. Also, tattoos while you wait.. haha.. when else would you get a tattoo? They are friendly to those who ride in on bikes without chrome, but if the weather is inclement, we are guaranteed a parking spot close by. :)
  2. Paper

Paper Meh

Oddometer:
    Bump cuz you posted the word Poop...:lol3
  3. dfc

dfc nonattractive

Oddometer:
    I got talked into goin to Poopy's once, never again......:bluduh
  4. Chel_in_IL

Oddometer:
    Never had an issue there. In all aspects, it's just a bunch of people on motorcycles.
  5. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Who cares about the food, I would show up just to hear the water buffalo rumble.:ear
  6. arraflipper

arraflipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning on it Chel, their food is pretty good, or was last year anyway. Think I will pass on the Tattoo, thanks anyway. There are some pretty roads north of there should be a good time.
  7. Chel_in_IL

Oddometer:
    Haha.. oh boy, the GT was the last bike of choice to ride there, but if enough people encouraged me (and showed up themselves), I'd ride it. :)
  8. Chel_in_IL

Oddometer:
    WHAT? You don't want an ADV tattoo? :)

Looking forward to meeting you Jim!!
  9. arraflipper

Oddometer:

I already have that ADV sticker on the bike, so I am afraid the tattoo might clash. I will watch while you get yours, if you want!

What are you going to ride that day, Michelle? Looking forward to finally meeting you, also.
  10. zilla

zilla It matters not

Oddometer:
    Ride it! :rofl
  11. arraflipper

Oddometer:
    What you going to ride to Poopy's Shel, have you decided yet?
  12. Chel_in_IL

Oddometer:
    Well the GT is down due to some mystery oil leak (it's injected), so it's between the ST and the KLR. And since a good quantity of my ST friends are showing up, I had better ride that. Tho maybe I'll just trailer both.... um, just kidding. ;) I may actually wash the ST. :D

BTW, I am camping with some other ST friends Friday night, and possibly Saturday night if others do as well. They have free camping and showers that are pretty decent.
  13. zilla

zilla It matters not

Oddometer:
    Are Victory's allowed? :rofl
  14. Chel_in_IL

Oddometer:
    Heck yah! Sounds like we will have quite a mix from people on the ST site, their friends, my brother on a BMW, possibily some people from his workplace on Harleys, etc.
  15. Chel_in_IL

Oddometer:
    So far from the ST site I have about 8 campers for Friday night, maybe a few for Saturday night. About 15 people for lunch on Saturday. All are welcome, no matter what you ride. My ST is all ready!
  16. zilla

zilla It matters not

Oddometer:
    We might be there for lunch tomorrow. Too hot too camp for me. :rofl
  17. Chel_in_IL

Oddometer:
    Thanks Zilla and Arraflipper for joining the rest of the ST owners at this RTE. We had 7 campers Friday night, 15 people for lunch on Saturday, and 3 people camping Saturday night. The weather was perfect and thankfully the horrible band that played Saturday night ended at 11. Our waitress was great Saturday and kept her cool while we kept moving tables around to accommodate more people.

You guys missed out, two lovely women at this RTE - myself and Tammy, Zilla's girlfriend! :) (We need to find her a bike tho....)

Will do again later this year.

Michelle