1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale or Trade 2012 KTM 990 SMT ABS - Southwest Ohio

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by witttom, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    I have twelve bikes in my household. I love this bike, but I would like to free up some space and resources for other things.

Posted earlier this year, had lots of interest/questions, ended up finding a buyer locally, changed status to 'Pending'. After dragging his feet for 2-weeks, local buyer backed out. Updated thread to note that it was available once again, but when I commented about buyer backing out, I mistakenly used a taboo word in reference to a certain online resource, and the thread was completely deleted.

Upsetting at that was, I decided to take the bike on a multi-day end-of-season excursion down to Deals Gap, where I ended up toasting a chain, and totally roasting both tires. Upon my return, I couldn't really sell it in that condition, and I didn't have time to address those perishables, so I procrastinated. All of that is now resolved though, new chain, new tires, and some fresh other things. It is once again for sale, despite being the worst time of year for sellers. Nevertheless, here it is.

2012 KTM 990 SM-T Supermoto Tour ABS
    21,900-miles.
    ROX Speed FX Adjustable Bar Risers with 1-1/8" handlebars bars.
    Heated Grips.
    Engine Guards.
    Moto Centric Tank Bag.
    Factory semi-soft quick-detach panniers.
    Aftermarket steel-braided front brake lines.
    New brake pads front and rear.
    Recent brake fluid flush.
    Recent oil change.
    Brand-spank'n-new adventure tires.
    Brand-spank'n new X-Ring chain.

Excellent condition both mechanically & cosmetically. Needs absolutely nothing. Well maintained. 17" Marchensini wheels. LC8 V-Twin with 115hp. Incredible adventure sport touring performance machine, halfway between a KTM 990 Adventure and a KTM 990 Duke.

Recent change from sport tires to adventure tires, gives this bike a little more flexibility and the ability to go down a less-than-ideal-conditions type road.

20191009_182618.jpg

Would consider trades for AWD vehicle, maybe a Subaru Outback, Forester, Tribeca, or maybe a small/mid-size 4x4 SUVs. Would also entertain motorcycle trades of lesser value plus boot. I could really use another TW200, maybe a KTM 390 Duke, a Ninja 500, an MZ/MuZ Skorpion 660, or other step-up-from-beginner mid-size displacement bikes.

$6400

Bike is located in Southwestern Ohio, Northwest of Cincinnati, in Ross Township. Fly into CVG or Dayton, I'll pick you up, and you ride it home. I MIGHT be able to help with transportation, if compensation and direction of travel appeals to me.

Attached Files:

joe cool likes this.
  2. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    Just curious if this bike has been sold? It looks like a nice bike.
    witttom likes this.
  3. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    Still got it. I've had some offline inquiries and a couple trade offers that didn't really work for me. I think I really missed the boat when my buyer backed out earlier this year. Temps now in the 30's and 40's here in Ohio and just not a good time to sell. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to ride it lately, but last time out I was given a performance award.

[​IMG]
    jjjjjjay and orrj like this.
  4. jjjjjjay

jjjjjjay Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like the last pic, and as my wife would say, sorry for your misfortune.

Any interest in a trade for a 2008 KTM Duke 690? It has 6K miles, recently dealer serviced, got new rubber, and had springs installed for a bit bigger guy.

Attached Files:

witttom likes this.
  5. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    Depending on the difference in values and if we can agree on a suitable amount of boot that would make us both happy, I'd consider it. Looks like we're only a couple hours apart. I'll send you a PM.
  6. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the ticket.

An SM-T looks like my kind of bike. But, I've got to spend some quality time & money on the Mrs. before getting anything else with wheels. Hopefully, there will be one as nice as yours available when I'm ready to buy.
    witttom likes this.
  7. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    Buy it. Put a bow on it. Give it to the Mrs. She'll be so surprised! :)
    geoduch, DOGSROOT and GlennR like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.