2012 Moab Adventure

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Rider23, May 31, 2011.

1. 4badboyz

4badboyz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    today being our last day of riding, we decided on the 160km White Wash Sands loop, out by the missile testing area.

[​IMG]
    you do not want to have a break down out here :eek1

[​IMG]
    Quantis ripin the dunes on Frank's 530exc :D

[​IMG]
    great way to end a bucket list ride :clap:clap:clap
  2. Rider23

Rider23 Evil Ted

Oddometer:
    Well after a week of the best riding you could ever ask for it's time to pack up for the long haul home tomorrow... But I have to say I couldn't have asked for a better group of riders to join me on this adventure. I have been wanting to do this for more that 20 years and now that its done it was well worth the wait, seeing these guys everyday just glowing from the thrill of that days ride is priceless, and I can say with 100% confidence that every one here will have a hard time topping this weeks rides. Battered and bruised popping pain pills to get through the day but smiling every minute (well almost every minute lol) :freaky:freaky

Last report from Moab, Peace out!
  3. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    back in France but Soul still in North America
    Just wake up... feel like I had a dream... the better I ever had, and the only one I have pics about ! :D

Very happy to have this adventure done while riding with you guys, it was perfect!

Special thanks to Franck, who spent the needed time, in addition of the riding time, to prevent us for starving, with high quality breakfasts and diners.

Report and pics are coming...
  4. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    Thanks, but I'd like to share this moment with Rider23 ... I don't think it easier to do the same on a Klr, and he did :clap
  5. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:

I'll agree with that, The bikes weight the same and Ted did a amazing 3ft jump to complete that trek to the top of the world.. Eric just dropped the bike and said fuck it...I'm too tired...:lol3

The trail to the top has been to this day the hardest trail I have ever been on at 90degrees f. There were 20 people up there in disbelief the the 6 of us managed that trail on motorcycles....

This trip was unbelievable with 5 other unbelievable riders.... INCLUDING Frank who said he was not on par with us... Oh yes you are Frank...
  6. Rider23

Rider23 Evil Ted

Oddometer:
    Gotta say boyz, I've been riding for over 40 years I have raced motocross on dozens of tracks but in that time I have never enjoyed myself as much as I have in the last 10 days. Thanks!!!

Top of the world run is one of the best challenges you can have to test your skillz. and for people that rode it a few years ago and think its easy should try it now. It's now ranked as difficult for rock crawlers. Ask Mark and Sean and I found out lol we missed the bypass for one spot on the way back down and shit was it steep!! I got the vid of Sean hitting the ground :lol3:lol3 Ah ya I have a few of those :D:D

White Rim is by far the best ride anyone could do in their lives and when asked from now on I would tell anyone to do it. It's a bucket list ride for sure:deal
  7. 4badboyz

Oddometer:
    Over the years I've done a whole bunch of different rides with groups of new friends found through forums, lists and clubs. I've met some of the nicest people ever on these trips, but bar none, this one turned out to be the best so far. :D
    Not only was the company first class, but the destination and rides were world class.
    Thanks especially to Ted and Sean for putting the event together and Frank for his excellent culinary skills.
    Whatever the destination for next year, sign me up now:lol3:lol3:lol3
    cheers!
    Mark
  8. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:

For those who said this was not that hard,, remember we were on 400lb+ bikes and and little 250 would be easy on this trail. I dumped it 2 days before at 40mph, bent my bars and my back... and Frank had a rolling down the hill exercise and twisted his back. Robaxacet is not an over the counter drug in the U.S. what fine candy that is when your hurtin....:D Thanks Frank for thinking a head on that one.... That made that hill possible.

Ted gave myself and Frank little pep talks along the way, like" don't make me carry your ass up that hill":lol3 "this was your idea get moving":huh "if you don't make it to the top, you'll reget it":nod
    well Ted was right I would of regreted it... Big time. Besides I wouldn't of wanted to listen to that all the way home... I'm not sure what would of been worse, me listening to me or listening toTed.... I believe the fear of not wanting to listen to Ted/rider23 was worse:lol3

When we all arrived at the top, there was such a huge accomplishment by everyone. Big waahoo by a few... Helping each other up that hill was I believe the big bonding moment between us. Getting home in Canada safely was as well...:clap:clap:clap

The top is 7100ft the trail is about 8kms long, the trail head is about 4000ft high... ( near 300ft climb per 1000m)
    Boulders and rock steps all the way...
  9. Rider23

Rider23 Evil Ted

Oddometer:
  10. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    some pictures are worth a 1000 words....:lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Where's Stephens photos?

:lurk
  12. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    I don't remember being sat under this rock... :D
  13. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    you didn't sit under this rock...... or any other rock that I remember....
  14. 4badboyz

Oddometer:
  15. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
  16. 4badboyz

Oddometer:
    Rocket Rinho :eek1
  17. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    :pynd
  18. Rider23

Rider23 Evil Ted

Oddometer:
    Yet another few unedited videos :D

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ln4MVdhJS0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Xbd1QjB6EA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tvQgvu0Z19I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  19. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    :thumb:thumbTed!!
  20. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to adjust my pics time (to local time, my camera was not correctly set)...
    First I think it's gonna be easy, using the data from my gps log files, but I'm less sure now...
    eg: even if we were late, I can't believe we left White Rim at 9:20 pm !
    Looks like my gps (displaying the local time) recorded all the points with the Home time!
    Gas bill would be a good local time proof... But I get rid of mine.
    Could one of you send me some time/date/place
    Thanks