2012 multi with 15k used 7k

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by satz, Sep 21, 2019.

1. satz

satz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at a touring s .multi 2012. Has the ohlin and some nice bits. 15 k is not done. Desmo full service chang need to be done . But forks were just serviced. No smu . Tires and sprocket decent and I can do it if needed next summer but I do need to the big serivce.

Price around 7k.

Total newbie on duc. Previous 200k miles on bandit ,fz1,fjr ,vstrom and vstar touring when I decided to be a pirate for a while.
  2. equ

equ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    FWIW, I sold my 2013 touring S with 7.5k miles for $8k. It was up for belts (due to time), but had new fluids and tires. It was halfway to the 15k desmo service, which is more than $1k. The 2013-14's are a bit smoother at low throttle; some claim the 10-12's are overall better... Who knows. Also the 2013-14's are Skyhook/Sachs fully electronic. Not Ohlins, very smooth ride, push button suspension modes. Finally 13-14's have LED headlights and a bit better stock windscreen.
    satz likes this.
  3. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Call a couple dealers and see what they want for the belt/valve service.

My last big was $1100 but I had them do a new chain and a set of tires as well, otherwise I had already done oil, anti-freeze, and battery. They SHOULD present you with a list and it should be less than a $1000 assuming that they don't need to shim it, then that goes up about $400-500 on hours involved.

My bike is on its forth major, and hasn't had a shim yet.

....and if you get it the $400 for the Ohlins SCU automagic box is worth it.
    TrailBreak and satz like this.
  4. TrailBreak

TrailBreak Eternal Pessimist

Oddometer:
    I've been eyeing that Ohlins box for my '11.
  5. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    13-14 have different main bearings

Nice 13 GT in the flea market ( nothing to do with it )
  6. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
  7. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    Doooooo EEEEETTT!

I have Sport, Touring and Enduro on the box
    Sport with pretty low TC/ABS settings 150 High
    Touring with the TC/ABS cranked up and 150 Low.....aka rain mode.
    Enduro/urban are the same setting as far as the suspension is concerned. So Enduro is on the box 100hp, for gravel roads and whatnot
    Urban I have set with manual track settings (set on Fuji Speedway), 150high and very minimal nannies I think 1-2 on DTC and ABS or solo hoon mode.

Also saves trying to set the suspension for all 4 weights in every mode, kick everything down to one and let the auto-magic box deal with it, I only had to tweek the preload settings......which I am running WAY heavier than stock springs.

I love how I could adjust everything to my taste, spent a couple months tinkering with it, but once I had it dialed I haven't touched any of that in a couple years.
  8. TrailBreak

TrailBreak Eternal Pessimist

Oddometer:
    I have to pull the forks off this winter for servicing and I was debating getting some heavier springs while I'm at it. I weigh around 200 lbs and I usually ride with my girlfriend as well. She won't let me use "sport" mode because its too stiff, but "touring" mode is stupidly soft.
  9. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    I went up to 0.95s in the front and a 1.25 in the back, and its still a little soft with both of us and all of the gear.

I am 225 or so geared and she is like 150 or so plus crap, and I have the big panniers, a 48L case and a 20L tankbag that keepsthe tools.....we are runnign it at about max tire weights
    TrailBreak likes this.