2012 - No Enduro Cross for Indianapolis...

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by alpiv, Oct 28, 2011.

1. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    Sorry to say yet EnduroCross will not be returning for the 2012 GP weekend.
    WHY?
    DORNA -- the governing body for Moto-GP has moved the Indianapolis GP back a week to August 19th, which is the last weekend of the Indiana State Fair...
    This is a major problem, the state fair is using the grounds and it takes a couple of days to construct the track.
    As far as I can tell, the Indy Mile will happen on Saturday.

So, with that said, many are working to showcase Off-road at potentially different venues.

As things develop, I will keep you posted.

Sorry for the bad news.
  2. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    The Marion Co. Fairgrounds sits idle after the county fair (other than the short track racing)--why not do it where they do their demo derbies??? It wouldn't be indoors but it is summertime--and if it did rain it would make it even better.
  3. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    Have no control. The promoter's decision.
    I have others working on alternatives for 2012 so that Off-road is still part of the GP-Weekend.
    As details are firmed up I will let everyone know.
  4. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    Build it and they will come--especially if the money is right. It couldn't cost any more to build an endurocross track than it does to build a temporary stadium circuit that many county fairs run. There are ten months to promote this--and BFD if it's not a part of the "official" Endurocross series. Pro riders (or the best guys in the midwest) will be there if there's a good payday in the offing.

Put Dorfmeyer on it. I'd bet that TR would sponsor it and with the support of a local club (or A Major State ORV Advocacy Group) for manpower it shouldn't be a problem to make this happen.
  5. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    The misses and I went the last two years and had fun. We drive the three hours just for in Endurocross, didn't do the GP. I hope they get something worked out.
  6. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If the State Fair is happening how will it be possible to run the mile?
    It sounds like too much in one spot. Remember the stage collapse canceled the mile and it was the week before. I know a tradgety like the stage collapse is hopefully a one off ,but, is the fairgrounds ready to have two seperate events in the same spot ?

I look forward to the mile at least as much as the G.P.
  7. xrat86

xrat86 n00b

Oddometer:
    This sucks....

Let us know what we can do Al. Maybe an outdoor one at the State Fair? I was REALLY looking forward to this.