1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 2012 Super Tenere - Ohio

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Mikef5000, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Selling my 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere to downsize to a lighter bike. I absolutely loved this thing when I was doing more adventure touring, but these days I find myself doing more day trips and am picking up a dual sport.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200
    ~44k Miles
    Located in Columbus, OH

$5000!

A couple things to note right off the bat:

The bike has a Salvage/Rebuilt (Ohio) title. The previous owner went down on it and bought it back. He said he had to replace a couple pieces of plastic and the Givi crash bars, but that was about it for damage. I've had it for about 7k miles, and can say I have found no issues. There is some road rash on the bottom of the final drive/swingarm, as you can see in a pic. It's purely aesthetic, and hardly noticeable unless looking for it.

It's due for fork seals; both seem to be weeping recently. They may be able to be cleaned, but it's a 2012, so more than likely it's worth simply replacing them.

I've owned it for 7k miles, and have not done a valve check. In the spirit of being completely up front, I would say it's probably due. I have no proof if/when the previous owner checked them. It does start/run just fine.

The details!

Mitas E-07 tires front and rear. Probably around 25% left, which should be good for a couple thousand pavement miles.

AVC ECU Upgrade for better Sport mode, and it stays in Sport mode after a shutoff.

Norwest Suspension revalved and resprung rear shock: I sent it out to be rebuilt with an 850 lb spring for a heavier rider (much better 2-up). At the lowest preload setting it's still quite comfortable for a solo rider, but at the higher end, it handles 2-up and luggage much better.

Oxford Adventure Heated Grips

Dashboard with SAE plug (battery tender), USB plugs, and voltage meter.

HID Headlights

Handlebar Risers, nicer mirrors, and folding levers

SW Motech skid plate, top plate, and Evo side case mounts/loops (I'm keeping the panniers and small pannier mount kit for the next bike)

Puig Enginge Guards

The bike runs great, but has been used for adventures, and has the typical bumps and bruises to show for it. It's not perfect, but I feel I've priced it reasonably all things considered. It should be a prime candidate for a fly-n-ride if you so desire, and I'd be happy to help however I can. Not looking for trades.

Let me know if you have any questions, or would like any additional pictures.

IMG_4867.JPG IMG_4868.JPG IMG_4869.JPG IMG_4870.JPG IMG_4871.JPG IMG_4872.JPG IMG_4873.JPG IMG_4875.JPG
  2. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Picked up my new bike, so price drop on this one! Now $5500!
  3. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Price drop bump! $5,000! Best price you’ll find on a S10!