2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Gone in 60

Gone in 60 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That body kit is pretty sweet!

Jazzmans, don't feel too bad. I ran the original tires on my '13 until a month ago when I got a nail in my rear. I had a set of Pirellis waiting, was just waiting for some time to swap 'em. A flat was a good enough reason.
    jazzmans likes this.
  2. antwon412

antwon412 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man. If I could find a nice red one for $3k in Northern CA it would be in my garage tomorrow!
    jazzmans likes this.
  3. jazzmans

jazzmans fickt euch

Oddometer:
    new rubber feels soo much better! a bit more squirrely in a straight line, (due to the tire not being squared off?) but really feels better in turns and I've still got less then 100 miles on the tire. It was 117 yesterday, so riding time is minimal right now, till I get up to the black hills.

shoulda done this years ago.
    Gone in 60 likes this.
  4. Gone in 60

Oddometer:
    Any new rubber is going to feel great after riding on old hard tires. I love my new Pirellis. Had to retrain myself not to work as hard to get it to tip into the turns.
  5. Backlund

Backlund Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a '17 CB1100 EX, I would like to put lower, flatter, bars on it to replace the goofy, relatively high-rise 'American western' bars it came with.

Did the European versions of this bike use lower bars than the U.S. model? If so, maybe I could order a set out of the UK.

I think the bike would look great with lower bars and a set of old-style chrome Napoleon bar-end mirrors..
  6. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    iirc....the lower bar from honda is called type 1. taller bar on our bikes is the type 2. if you want the honda type 1, you can order it through samurider.com for $120 or whereabouts. the bar comes w/ the two holes to lock the switchgear collars from rotating.

after 4 yrs of hanging onto my ape hangers, i recently went to a lower bar...with this aftermarket bar, i think it dropped 2" lower, and 1" more forward.
    [​IMG]
    i couldn't believe how-just by swapping out the bar, my bike now handles so much better. i thought it handled darn good before, but now it's telepathic~ so much more confidence with leaning in/out of tight turns.
    siyeh, jazzmans and Backlund like this.
  7. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    I picked up a 2014 CB1100 last weekend. I headed out from Upstate, SC to Nashville. Rode it 400+ miles home. This thing is sweet.

C7DE74D6-30E2-42DB-B564-3A8007E08A7F.jpeg 8435CD9B-4465-4EFA-9064-2DFCF449E763.jpeg D7BE2DED-DA6C-47F3-B77E-AD0F8504491A.jpeg
    darmahman, JFrost, Gone in 60 and 7 others like this.
  8. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Yep, I was always afraid something was going to break on me. The CB1100 is so much better to own.
    Gone in 60 likes this.
  9. cbolling

Oddometer:
    PDarnall, RustyStuff, Oilhed and 2 others like this.
  10. cbolling

Oddometer:
  11. jazzmans

jazzmans fickt euch

Oddometer:
    Looking for replacement turn signals for my 2013.

what's out there?

Mine fell over getting her out of the van, (inside the van) and I crunched the pumpkins.
    2013 uses incandescent bulbs, not leds, (unfortunately) so I'll also need a turn signal switch that'll work with them, I don't want to use resistors, it's too damn hot here already.
  12. Skidmarkart

Skidmarkart Dirty Middle Age Man Supporter

Oddometer:
    The CB500F bar is a plug and play solution (already has the holes in the right places from Honda), so no drilling. I think they are about $50-60. Not sure if they come in chrome thought, I think satin black may be the only option. I was going to do this mod to my bike, and I ended up getting a deal on a low-sided CB500F and used them there instead. I did thoroughly inspect and compare and I think they'll bolt right on without any mods.
  13. Gone in 60

Oddometer:
    Hey Jazzmans, if you crunched your OEM turn signals, they are pretty common, and Honda used them on other models which might make it easy for you. In particular, I had a VTX1300, and the signals look the same or extremely similar.
    Good luck, but you should be able to find the same signal from another Honda.
    AZbiker and jazzmans like this.
  14. MrBob

MrBob On a whim Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm getting my 2014 DR 650 ready for the Flea Market and looking for a CB 1100. Instead of reviewing 273 pages of posts, I ask, are there particular model years or features that I should look for?
    I came across this delightful vid in my research:

15. Gone in 60

Oddometer:
    If you’re in the U.S., they were offered in 13, 14, 17 and maybe 19.

In the U.S. market, the 2013 was a 5-speed, subsequent years were 6-speed. 2014 Deluxe and later years also had larger gas tanks for greater range.

Also, 13 models and 14 Standards got single wall exhaust headers, while 14 Deluxe and later got double wall, so those are easier to keep shiny. Instrumentation also got a little more comprehensive in 14, and you’ll see some models with 4 into 1 exhaust or 4 into 2, and cast and spoke wheels as you search.

As such, 2013 models will likely be the lowest cost bikes with 2014 Standard the next lowest, and everything else commanding a premium as owners know their bikes are rare and desirable. As for colors offered in the U.S., all were some shade of red except for the 2014 Standard, which came in black.

I would check the CB1100 forum, as there are always bikes listed and lots of info.

I love my 13, ride daily and don’t mind the lack of features the later bikes have. It was a lot more affordable, and the basic nature of it reminds me of the '70s and '80s UJMs I used to ride.
    AZbiker and MrBob like this.
  16. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Anyone move the rear blinkers? I am thinking about getting some hard side bags and will need to move the lights.
  17. RustyStuff

RustyStuff Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. Gone in 60

Oddometer:
    I've heard of someone trying to utilize the original license plate bracket, since it incorporated reflectors mounted to each side.
    AZbiker likes this.
  19. Gone in 60

Oddometer:
  20. RustyStuff

RustyStuff Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There was a CB750 auto too iirc.