2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wanted a DLX but when I was looking they were like unicorns round here. And a EX were plenty and discounted.
    Jim K. likes this.
  2. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. Cormanus

Cormanus n00b

Oddometer:
    Fabulous photos, dao1
  4. Trackjunkie21

Trackjunkie21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How have these fared on longer rides? Are the aftermarket seats any much better as far as comfort? The fuel tank being 3.9 gallons seems to hinger its ability to be a better long distance tourer. Currently riding a GS but looking to downsize as I already have an FXRD in the garage that is fully faired with luggage.
  5. CbDude

CbDude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love mine. Bar risers have made a huge difference. Have been making 1000 mile round trips once or twice a month on the cb for the past couple months. I have a stock seat and just use an airhawk. Fuel every 100-120 miles but i like to get off the bike after a few hours anyway. Have done a lot of miles 2 up as well. More than enough power
    Trackjunkie21 likes this.
  6. Skidmarkart

Skidmarkart Dirty Middle Age Man Supporter

Oddometer:
    The bike is comfortable and the position is great, I can ride all day in that seat and bar position, but the wind gets to me. It's better when I have on my big, armored, insulated jacket but the buffeting does get old, and with your helmet selection the noise becomes a bigger factor. Weather sucks, which is does for any bike, but particularly when you have no fairing or screen. Same stuff with any naked bike I suppose. I don't mind riding it up to about 8 hours, but I take a good look at the weather and I plan my dress/trip accordingly.
  7. Gone in 60

Gone in 60 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I refuel at 150 miles. That was an adjustment coming from a BMW that could go 250, but I got used to it and don’t mind.

Quite a few people say the stock seat isn’t comfortable for long hours but like anything it’s subjective. At 150 miles, I can take a rest and stretch when I gas up and I’m good to keep going.

For aero, I run a Dart screen that blocks wind on my chest. Minimal protection but works for me. Putting Givi luggage on a classically styled bike wrinkles some noses, but I prefer practical. Hard to do a weekend with a backpack.
  8. 4PawsHacienda

4PawsHacienda Inadvertent unrepentant wanderer

Oddometer:
    Immediately put a Corbin seat on mine, know from experience I have a Corbin butt. Small shield/quarter fairing from Samurider.com in Japan color matched to bike, not much protection but looks great.
    Travel luggage consists of roc strap mounted mini duffel bag strapped to seat and small cooler on luggage rack. Works fine for riding oriented multi-day trips. ventura-mca.com another luggage option.
    Bike is exceptionally solid and well built, will last as long as you want it to. Runs decent, enough power for all day riding. Refueling bike every 150 miles is always my goal, I need a break and walk around to keep focused.
  9. DocWho

DocWho n00b

Oddometer:
    Bormio August 2020 IMG_3023.jpeg
  10. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^^Awesome :super
    DocWho likes this.
  11. WeegieBored

WeegieBored Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A special ribbon of tarmac to ride a bike on. Or just sit and watch. Or turnaround and do it again.
    DocWho likes this.
  12. MrBob

MrBob On a whim Supporter

Oddometer:
    154973995_10158102431617759_4379373937260157633_o.jpg

Brought this 2013 home last night. I've lusted after one of these for some time but they've been outside of my budget until this deal came along. 7700 miles, two owners, basically stock. It will replace the Wee Strom that I put up for sale today and be used for everything from errands to multi-day trips.
    My first touring bike was a 5 year old 66 305cc Superhawk and I clearly recall the CB 750's coming on the scene.
    Ogre_fl, hoodellyhoo, OJ-J and 7 others like this.
  13. Gone in 60

Gone in 60 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats! 2013 is the best if you ask me. Plus, if you’re a neurotic OCD like me, you can soothe yourself by polishing the stainless header pipes that were double walled on the later models. I find Blue Magic works well.
    HapHazard likes this.
  14. MrBob

Oddometer:
    upload_2021-3-13_11-6-45.jpeg
    My first CB in 1973, the mighty 305 Superhawk.
    velofish, spokester, MFP and 3 others like this.
  15. lifeofliberty

lifeofliberty If you're bored, you're not living

Oddometer:
    Sold my 2014 Standard, but it was really fun while I had it. I've got a Arrow slip-on if anyone is looking. Most of the other parts sold except for the SW-Motech risers. One of the things I really liked about this bike was how it fit.
  16. MrBob

Oddometer:
    Wanted: Stock rear turn signals for a 2013 CB 1100. I'm told these parts need to be specific to the 2013. The part number is 336-500.
  17. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ive said this before. Was tempted by the CB1100. The deluxe came out and I wanted one. Except they were rare and the original were steeply discounted. When I finally saw a few Deluxes they had wire wheels! Why can't you ever get what you want? Well the RS totally had me in that take my money mindset. But it never came to the US, just like that last ZRX1200. Honda will say it won't sell but that's based on the first version. The Deluxe sold but they never brought in the numbers.
    Jim K. likes this.
  18. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 on that. I like several of the retro styled bikes, but inner tubes are a deal breaker for me. I'm enough of a geezer to have been there & done that.
    1 wheel peel, MiltonHog and Mobiker like this.
  19. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree to this and original poster. After a couple of tries, Honda got the spec perfect with the Deluxe and it sold very well. So after a year, they stopped making it, I guess to force customers to buy the bolted-to-the-sales-floor old-stock of the previous slow-selling models. Then they started production again, but not in the desirable Deluxe configuration. Finally, they passed on importing the cool-as-hell RS.

I find all the Japanese mfg's "we can't import them because they won't sell" excuses to be lame - they don't sell because they keep shooting themselves in the foot by spec'ing configurations that customers don't want. And don't get my going on how they justified the expense of importing a handful of bikes like the Rune, DN-01, and NM-4, but can't bring back the CB1000 Deluxe. The product planners at American Honda are idiots.

- Mark
    Oilhed and Kikemon like this.
  20. MrBob

Oddometer:
    I successfully converted the spoked rims on my DR 650 to tubeless.