2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Knave

Knave Less than ideal Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do tell
  2. MrBob

MrBob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    There's at least one fairly extensive thread on this floating around here. I used 3M Adhesion Promoter and a 3M Marine Sealant. Others have used a 3M heavy tape. Meticulous prep is the key.
  3. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    But it's still a steel rim, right. I just like aluminum rims.
  4. fecundity

fecundity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess the Stones said it best:

5. beardothebeardo

beardothebeardo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just bought a house and have been packing up. Came across these...

20210321_095840.jpg

Anyone want them?
  6. Run Away

Run Away n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey y'all!

First I want to say I appreciate all the info in this thread, I've been doing a lot of reading.
    Just brought home my first "big" bike, a 2018 CB1100 RS (Canadian spec). It's basically my dream bike.

[​IMG]

Now I'm working on trying to get it to fit me better. I'm 6'2" with about a 33" inseam.
    Looking over the samurider website, there's no listing for a K&H high seat for this model year. Any suggestions? Looking at the options menu, it appears the seat differences seem to be related to the tank design - do all the seamless style tanks share the same seat?
    Another option would be so send the stock seat out to Sargent and have them add some height to it.

Secondly, I'd like to raise the bars a bit. I guess my options are risers, or swapping to the EX style bars that sweep higher. Anyone know if I could swap bars alone, or am I likely to have to change brake hoses and throttle cables?

Cheers!
  7. Subito

Subito Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gorgeous bike, congrats!
    Run Away likes this.
  8. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think you should just sell it to someone shorter with shorter legs, in the USA
    Jim K. and Run Away like this.
  9. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Drooling here, one of my favorite bikes, where did you find that one ? Looks like a nice example. I don't think there were a lot of those sold in Canada the CB1100s are not that common I don't think I have seen an RS other than the bike show a few years ago.
    Run Away likes this.
  10. McBoab

McBoab Fast side of farty

Oddometer:
    These guys have probably already pondered your questions at length
    Honda CB1100 Forum - For fans of Honda's CB1100
    Run Away likes this.
  11. Run Away

Run Away n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I've signed up on the CB1100 forums and asked there.

I actually found it locally just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
    I was getting ready to go out and try a bunch of bikes, and had kinda resigned myself to the fact that I probably wouldn't find a CB1100 locally to try on. I'm coming from a CRF250L, and was shopping the Husky Svartpilen 701 and the Guzzi V7 or V9 as my top picks. So when the holy grail of CB1100 was posted locally (I have an alert set up on the Kijiji app) I had to at least go take a look. The rest is history....
    Oilhed likes this.
  12. Skidmarkart

Skidmarkart Dirty Middle Age Man Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'4 with a 36" inseam. My seat is a Sargent with a raise it 1.5", and move the passenger seam back 2", IIRC. It looks great and is super comfortable. You'd never know it wasn't a factory seat if it did not have the "Sargent" sticker. I also had the Corbin and HATED it, it locked me in too far forward, and I could not get comfy. I have some 1" drop-pegs too (I removed the scrapers, so they get a good bit of grinding :lol3). I could not be more comfortable on the bike. I HIGHLY rec the Sargent mod.
    HapHazard likes this.
  13. MrBob

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'-10" with a 30" inseam and I feel a little crunched on my CB. If I order a Corbin or Sargent seat I'll pick up and inch or two there. I'll be adding risers to my stock bars and it looks to me like the brake line from the master cylinder has not a mm of extra length. I can have one custom made locally. I don't know yet if I'll need to run the lines under the triple tree, instead of across the top, as they are now. I'm still thrilled with the CB1100 and go for rides just to go for rides.
  14. MrBob

Oddometer:
    IMG_1177.jpeg
    Bought the bags from an inmate. They'll do for running around town and overnight trips. I can't bring myself to cover the beautiful tank with a tank bag. The windshield came with the bike and I'll use if for now.

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 4.43.52 PM.png

I installed this yesterday to power phone and GPS. The quality seems quite a bit better than a similar unit I installed on my Strom. Purchased on Amazon.
  15. MrBob

Oddometer:
    Today's project was addressing a very bent clutch lever. I didn't take any photos because I was in a hurry. I removed the lever from the bike (simple) and clamped the inner end in a vice grip. I used my heat gun to heat up the metal at the acute part of the bend. After it was good and hot I used my hammer to lightly tap the lever back into place. Worked great, and I saved myself a fair bit of cash.
    HapHazard likes this.
  16. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. MrBob

Oddometer:
    Beautiful bike, what year?
  18. MrBob

Oddometer:
    I don't know if the OP is still around to do this, but it might make sense to drop the 2013 from the thread name and just title it Honda, CB 1100.
    spokester and Jim K. like this.
  19. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:

j/k...
    2014, the only yr Honda sold this Deluxe model.
  20. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    So thats why I couldnt find one. Deluxe, ABS, larger tank, twin pipes, matching side covers & mag wheels!