For sale 2013 Husqvarna TR650 Strada - $3,750 - Roanoke, VA

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Riparian, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Riparian

Riparian Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've owned this bike since early 2014 and it has been solid for me since day one. I think most folks here know what they're all about, but for anyone unfamiliar, these bikes have often been described as kind of a modernized KLR. Fuel injection, upside down forks, ABS, and generally appropriate for touring b-roads, forest service roads, and the occasional tougher track or highway. Also of note, they're a product of BMW's short ownership of Husqvarna, and as such share many parts (including the engine platform) with BMW's famously reliable F650GS and G650.

This particular version is the Strada, which means it came from the factory with the road-biased bits including (easily-defeatable) ABS. Having recently totaled a bike by hitting a deer, I was pretty interested in having ABS, so I deliberately sought the Strada version and swapped out the fender and a few other bits to get back to a mild dirt bias. In addition to the high fender, fork guards, skid plate, hand guards, etc, I have a spoked 21" front wheel from an F650GS that should fit this bike fine. I didn't end up procuring a rear wheel to match - if a spoked 21/18 setup is your desire, you're halfway there with this bike.

Upgrades include heated grips, USB Charger, wiring for heated jacket/vests, wiring for powered tank bag, pivot pegs, HDB top clamp, hand guards, and mirrors, heavy duty skid plate (not sure who made it, but it is stout), Touratech pannier racks, fat bars, SW Motech crash bars, Hepco Becker luggage rack, and Screens for Bikes tinted windscreen from Australia. Not on the bike, but included, is a 21" spoked front wheel, a carbon fiber tall windscreen, and stock takeoff parts. Brand new TKC80 on the front and ~50% K60 Scout on rear. Current mileage is 15,711 - Priced well below other TR650s on ADVRider at $3,750 for a quick sale.

Finally, I've got a set of Holan Nomada panniers (38L) that I used on these touratech racks for a while. They're nice as hell, and I'm inclined to hang onto them... but I would consider selling them to a buyer of this bike since they fit it so well. I re-drilled them to fit my current bike, but I've switched to a soft bag system and it would be really easy to revert to the setting for this Husky. It's hard to get your hands on these panniers these days (took me months for them to clear customs from Poland), but they are probably the nicest hard bags I've personally encountered. I'll upload pics of these if anyone is interested.

Pics:

Attached Files:

2. Riparian

Oddometer:
    Update - sale pending
  3. Riparian

Oddometer:
    Update - Back on the market!
  4. viperpilot84

viperpilot84 motorcycle whore

Oddometer:
    Still available?

Also, did the ECU recall need to be done on this bike, and if so, was it?
  5. Riparian

Oddometer:
    Hi, ViperPilot - I am very sorry for the late reply. I have been traveling a bunch for work since mid May and just haven't had the time to get on here and post any updates.

Yes - the bike is still available. I had a committed buyer in early May, but he chose to go a different direction. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but my understanding is that the primary reason he chose not to purchase the bike was that the ECU recall has not been done and he experienced several stalls on his test ride. This is an issue that never bothered or impacted me... I assume I just developed muscle memory to compensate/prevent any stalling - that's not to say his assessment isn't valid, of course. He wanted a beginner-friendly bike for the new riders in his life to use, and by all accounts the ECU recall results in much more pleasant throttle response and probably an overall safer bike.

SO - coming out of that experience, my plan had been to put the bike on a trailer and drive it two hours north to my nearest Husky dealer and get the recall completed. It has to stay there for about a week while they send the ECU off to somewhere, and then I'll have to hustle back up there and retrieve it. I'm considering doing exactly that first thing in the morning, but the weather here is beautiful this weekend and I'm tempted to ride and/or go canoeing instead - I guess we'll see how responsible I am when morning comes.

So there are the answers. To any interested parties in this bike - ECU recall has not been done, but I have confirmation that the dealers are still ready and able to perform the work. I will eventually get this done, but it might be a while because I'm inclined not to miss a good riding/paddling weekend to get it done (I'll maybe do it next time it's 100 degrees and/or raining cats and dogs). If anyone is interested in taking on the bike and handling the ECU upgrade on their own, I'll make a price concession accordingly - $3,150 for this bike as it currently sits. $600 off of an already great price should be more than enough to compensate someone for a week of downtime and a free recall - especially if they live near a dealer.

Thanks all!

Edit: I'll post an update if my sorry ass foregoes recreation and heads to the dealership instead.
    viperpilot84 likes this.
  6. BLZ2DWL

BLZ2DWL Roustabout

Oddometer:
    Fantastic motorbike. I had one just like it. Never stalled, but I followed the crowd and installed a $200 AX-FIED to richen the mixture. Ran like a top. I was afraid the recall might make it run worse, so I didn't have it done. Never needed it. Probably my favorite motor, come to think of it. Good luck with the sale. This is a smoking deal for a very fun bike.
  7. skybo1

skybo1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So you think the seat heighth is still about 33"?
  8. flabbygears

flabbygears Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got the same bike, installed a spoofer when I bought it new, did the ecu recall and it's been a really cool bike since the beginning. Still love it and even though it's one of four options for me to ride, I can't bring myself to part with it.
    Good luck and whoever ends up with your bike, they're getting a smokin' deal.
  9. Riparian

Oddometer:
    Yep, that’s about right. It’s significantly lower than a lot of other dual sports, which was part of its appeal to me. I’ve got a pretty short inseam and would have to lower most other options. For the sake d comparison, my main ride right now is a Ktm 990 Adventure and I can barely get the tip of one toe on the ground.
  10. Riparian

Oddometer:
    Thanks to BLZ2DWL and FlabbyGears for the info and commentary. I agree with you both - this is a smokin deal - I probably should have my head examined.
  11. Glenn247

Glenn247 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM inbound
  12. Shawn595

Shawn595 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is more than great deal - Riparian is also a great guy. I've known him for years, and we've been more than a few weekend-long rides together. I’ve actually ridden with several times with him on this bike. Here’s a shot I took when we were in Dolly Sodds a few years ago. Good memories…

Attached Files:

13. PAULIBIKER

PAULIBIKER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never mind, I found the answer....
  14. Riparian

Oddometer:
    Beat me to it - thanks. For others who couldn't find the mileage buried in my wall of text, it was 15,711 when I made the post. It's been out a short distance since then, but that's in the ballpark.