2013 Iowa Guzzi Rally

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Coopdway, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Coopdway

Coopdway Curiouser Supporter

Oddometer:
    Paper covered the Wisconsin version and it looks like it's been left up to me to mention the Iowa gathering in Elkader. Great location in the city park, lots of shade if you need it, the Pork Queen will help serve Saturday's catered dinner and there will once again be a constable-led rider's parade through town Saturday evening. Beer will have to be your own.

You've kept me so busy paying attention to the Hiawatha thread that I didn't get this posted until after the advanced registration has expired....still quite reasonably priced however.

They don't have a website, but all the info is near the top here.

Yes, when the going gets tough in Iowa, I mount the Helix.

[​IMG]

Though the red one has been there as well......

[​IMG]
  2. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Those Helices get everywhere!

Cripeys there are a lot of Guzzi rallies.

EDIT: Unfortunately I'm otherwise engaged that weekend, guess I'll miss that one.
  3. Paper

Paper Meh

Oddometer:
    I too can't make it to Elkader this year. Promised I'd go out to a party just the other side of Iowa instead.

l've never made it to the Iowa Rally.. I'm told the food is amazing!! It's actually nice riding, too.. I just went through Elkader last weekend, too.

I'm having entirely too many riding conflicts this year, and that's before work gets in the way!! :)
  4. Coopdway

Oddometer:
    Sorry you can't make it, one of these years you'll have to get it on your calendar early. It really is a great site for a rally; that park has been my HQ on numerous weekends for rides out and about. They do a good job hosting us and you are right, we get fed well.

I spoke at length with Rob at Road America, one of the founders of the rally and heard the story of how the club began meeting at Elkader......a good story that explains why there's a mutual attraction between the town and the Guzzi folks.

My take on last year's event here
  5. zoid

zoid Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer:
    The Iowa Guzzi rally really is a good rally. And they serve one of the best and largest pork chops you'll ever enjoy on Saturday night. Too bad I don't have any vacation time yet.

Hi Doug. :wave
  6. Coopdway

Oddometer:
    Hey Dan, I'll see YOU up by the fence in a few weeks:thumbup:

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2