2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Been here a little too long

Oddometer:
    Kag to the red phone
  2. kag

kag Wander Lust

Oddometer:

I just put 6 oz of slime in the rear tire and sealed it up after about 50 miles. Did absolutely nothing to the TPMS....works fine. Same slow leak type issue. Now have 3k + miles since doing it and all is well
  3. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    It does nothing initially however, even the manufacturers warn you that the slime will damage the transmitter in your tyre, if you doubt this then read up on the countless service bulletins on the net warning people against the use of tyre sealants.

I say, you get a puncture and don't have a tyre plug in your pack which I carry two packs of with CO2 cans and a hand pump, then use the sealant but as soon as you can, have the tyre taken in, rim cleaned, puncture repaired and transmitter cleaned.:1drink

But that is me as those transmitters cost PLENTY and fitment centers like to damage them when they reseat the tyres in the machine.
  4. pinglow

pinglow Adventurer wannabe!

Oddometer:
    What is in the owner's folder content? The one you get when u take delivery of the bike?

Saw someone posted pics of the whole set.
  5. kag

kag Wander Lust

Oddometer:

Its the liner that's leaking.

Well when the transmitter dies I will let you know. The TPMS dies eventually no matter what so we will see how long it lasts. At the next rear tire I put on I plan to look at the liner and see what I can come up with to fix it but until then .....
  6. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok then for sure only "slime" will be a quick fix...to date I've been lucky, no problems guess I must add slime to my puncture kit before I leave.:eek1
  7. CaliBerger

CaliBerger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    good info!
  8. PilbaraGoat

PilbaraGoat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there such a thing yet as a 300mm suspension upgrade for the 1190r?
  9. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Limited to 285-265 can't remember what one. Lower chain slider and exhaust position
  10. Audun

Audun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know where the sensors are relatively to the filling valve? A tyre change is coming up. I tried to guess based on balancing weights, but it didn't give me any conclusion.

Audun
  11. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    TPMS sensor is located exactly on the filling valve, it's a approximately 5 cm long and 2 cm heigh plastic thing, just be careful near the valve and you'll be good :freaky
  12. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap

yep, the transmitter is a small block that does not move, most damage is done when they slide in the tyre lever at the valve stem where the unit sits but mostly when they refit the tyre in the machine as it rotates to be reseated...units snap clean off and are FLIPPING expensive...my last two were damaged on my pickup and that is the price of a complete new setup so for sure, KTM will be....very expensive to replace.

One fact, these sensors have build in batteries normally and they have around 5yrs lifespan, once dead you have to replace the complete unit, my experience so far with KTM, it ain't gonna last 5 yrs...:lol3
  13. Spayn

Spayn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, having high vibrations on handlebar at 150+ km/h speed. Any suggestions?
  14. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Did your dealer check the steering damper as the factory proposed? If the damper is ok, try balancing the wheel - I had the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. veesquared

veesquared Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it is a new vibration have you made any changes like saddlebags , exhuast , skidplate? Check your fasteners. How is your chain adjustment. How many miles on your bike? Do you only feel it in the bars?
  16. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look for the simple problem, wheel balancing.

Then check, under hard braking you feeling a knock through the steering...or hearing a knock..if so your steering bearings need to be torqued and thread locked.

Damper will only stop the tank slapping when the front gets light and road undulations force the wheel to track left and right or a stone or bump at speed...faster you go the worse it gets.

Again, start with the easy one, wheel balancing.
  17. Spayn

Spayn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes i hear the knock when hard braking. Thanks for tips, will check.
  18. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are a shyte load of questions on this steering problem all over the forum, KTM MUST thread lock the nut.....I spent 11 months fighting with KTM to sort their shyte out and it's fianlly fixed my side now.

Oh and don't lift the frontend pulling the forks like we used to the do to see if there is play, the play is so small you will not notice it unless you braking...been down that as well.:huh
  19. Spayn

Spayn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Loctite will work also?
  20. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is the stuff...:D...just remember, when you use the stuff your torque settings will change a bit to the factory spec. I left it to the KTM dealer as it was their shyte and the bike is under warranty.