2013 RMAR Rendezvous in Silverton, CO "IN List"

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Lance Hardwud, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Lance Hardwud

Lance Hardwud Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since Hondo has exiled the Midwesterners from his list in the Rockies section...

I know there are a couple of us flatlanders invading Colorado for their little RMAR party.

The 2013 RMAR Rendezvous in Silverton, CO is just around the corner.

Official ADV Info http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820184

Official RMAR info http://www.rmariders.org/rmar-rendezvous.html

The dates are July 25th to the 28th.

Midwest Inmates - Post up if you are IN. If you state your departure place & date, you might be able to ride / trailer in & out with other inmates.
  2. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    Saltydog,

Thanks for posting. This is a very cool idea.

I can tell every that our confirmed count of "paid in" is just north of 80 riders, not counting other family members.

We also have 14 states represented so far.

I can also say that about half of the attendees will be adventure riders that do not frequent ADVRider. It just a dynamic of the event reaching out to all riders across the country.

A reminder to everyone.....get your donation completed and register so you get one of the 'very cool' TShirts as a part of the expense this year. Registrations after June 15th will not get a Tshirt.

[​IMG]
  3. HappyRiding

HappyRiding Semi-Feral

Oddometer:
    Salty, I know that Jailor8 and Jr8 and going?

Are you doing a "Midwesterners. Only" list or are you welcoming the rest of the shunned to your list too?
  4. _Magoo_

_Magoo_ master of disaster....

Oddometer:
    can I get that shirt in a Chartreuse color? :deal :lol3
  5. Lance Hardwud

Lance Hardwud Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was told by Hondo to do a midwesterners only list....but all are welcome here! I won't turn somebody away because they are geographically challenged:D.

So far all I know of from the midwest is Myself +wife, and Jailer8 and Jr8.

The red circle is the location of RMAR 2013 @ Red Mountain RV Park. Taken from the top of Kendall Mtn (you to can ride to this point of you go to RMAR!!!).
    [​IMG]
  6. HappyRiding

HappyRiding Semi-Feral

Oddometer:
    Thanks Salty. I went last year but didn't ride up Kendall Mtn. The altitude was sorta kicking my butt.

I'll probably be going through Illinois on my way to Colorado via South Dakota.
  7. dirtfarmerrich

dirtfarmerrich Richard Supporter

Oddometer:
    Salty I will be there, first to do the San Juan 500 and then the Rendevous. Leaving from Champaign on the 20th. I,ll be on a Husky 510.
  8. Lance Hardwud

Lance Hardwud Long timer

Oddometer:
    The view from top of Kendall is pretty sweet. I had it on my list for a few years but finally took the time last summer to get up there. I'll make sure to find ya when I take my ride up there this summer.

I check into my spot at Red Mountain RV on the 21st, my Sprinter RV will be in the lower campground. Or if you see this guy walking with me on a string behind him then offer up a cold beer!
    [​IMG]
  9. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    Yes Jailor8 and son, known for now as Jailor8 Jr. are in. Trailering out from the east side of Illinois right on I-70.

The plan is to leave out late Friday nite the 19th or early Sat the 20th and be in Co. Springs Sunday eve. the 21st. Meeting another inmate for a ride up Pikes peak Monday morning, then trailer to the Pagoosa Springs area and ride up to the Summitville Ghost town above Elwood Pass, Tuesday morning and be in Cabin 3 Tuesday nite in Silverton.

Red 4 door Ford F150 short bed and trailer with a couple of KLRs and Maybe a KTM riding along.

Jailor8
  10. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:

Giddy up....doin the double ride.....

The RDV.......and the SJ......

Good stuff.....

11. Dillard

Dillard Seeker Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Salty, born a Hoosier but I'll be riding in from 'Bama. Should arrive on the 26th.
  12. Lance Hardwud

Lance Hardwud Long timer

Oddometer:

Cool! I'll be in Silverton Sunday, doing a little pre rally drinking in Durango this week.
  13. Dillard

Dillard Seeker Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pre-gaming a week out? Right on, I'm clearly dealing with professionals here.

I'm riding in on this. If you see me, stop by and say hello.
    [​IMG]