2013 Super Tenere turn signals

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by TheFox, Nov 6, 2019.

1. TheFox

TheFox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So went out for a little ride monday and noticed a crack in the rubber "vibration damper" that holds my right front turn signal on. Yamaha wants something to the tune of $46 a turn signal and I dug through my aftermarket books here at work and it seems like no one offers a aftermarket one for the Tenere.

I did notice that they look almost identical to the R1 and R6 turn signals from the older models, mounting and shape that is. Mainly just curious if anyone is running aftermarket ones, prefer a factory fit and finish but possibly open to other options as well.

have no problem spending the money on the Yamaha ones but if i can upgrade for around the same price :hmmmmm
  2. dietDrThunder

dietDrThunder Why so serious, son? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Between front and rear, over 50k miles I had either 5 or 6 different sets of aftermarket signals on my S10 (I like messing around with options). You need to find a more creative/experienced parts guy to help you out...there are roughly 27 jillion options.
    Madman4049 and TheFox like this.
  3. TheFox

TheFox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh I been messing around in parts Yamaha specific for about 13 years and I agree there are trillions of options out there. Most of the stuff I am seeing is just a hollow bolt with a nut, that’s fine and have no issues wiring it up, blue is running light, black is ground, and either green or brown depending on side of bike is left or right flasher.
    Guess what I am looking for is something that fits the tear drop hole specifically. They look like same ones used on the R1, R6, R3, MT09, MT07, WR250R was just curious if someone could confirm. If it is same mount hole as the R1 really digging the high tech speed led turn signals. Might just switch over to the newer Tenere led signals