Sold 2013 yamaha yz 250, project, south florida

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by motomike14, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    2013 yamaha yz250

good: setup for the woods, 18 inch rear wheel, x model CDI, stator with lighting coil, bark busters, acerbis skid plate/frame protectors, polisport swingarm protectors, v-force reeds, fmf fatty pipe and fmf q silencer w/spark arrestor, 15 hours on recent top end, FL ohv title

bad: 2nd gear problems. jumps and jutters in and out. still shifts fine, so likely rounded a gear dog. (long story short, rode an enduro, clutch cable snapped, decided to ride final section and stalled it 2/3 times, 3rd time launched it after rocking it forward to 2nd gear, that's when it started doing it). previous owner rounded the head of the bottom crankcase drain bolt, so need an ez-out or just use the pilot hole drain in the side of the case like I do. linkage is due for service, asking price includes an OEM rebuild kit.

I have some extras to throw in; new set of plastics, spare stator, wiring harness, seat, new rear tire, countershaft sprocket.

I don't have time with a few other projects and family stuff. rather move it along then find something newer after new years.

great snow-bird project or something to pick up and use as a spare bike. have a kid that wants to become a mechanic and rides? perfect starting spot.

looking for $2000 as is. yeah, you need to split the cases to fix it.

located in palm beach county in Florida. delivery could be arranged to st. augustine area depending on the weekend.

Attached Files:

2. Cometkisser

Cometkisser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.