1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold 2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure LC - Fully Kitted for Adventure Touring

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by TwoTrvlers, Aug 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwoTrvlers

TwoTrvlers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m selling my 2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure LC with 12,321 miles. Asking $15,500. Location: Truckee, CA. Here’s a quick overview including it’s history:

Garaged 1-Owner Bike / excellent condition / never crashed/ full service history - just completed 12k Mile Service (with new battery) / fully equipped for adventure touring.

Always garaged (except during Alaska ride, where it was parked at night under an Aerostich cover). Body, panniers etc. in very good condition. Only a few very minor scratches on crash bars from a couple of 0 MPH drops while parking fully loaded.

Here’s the quick backstory:

My wife and I purchased this bike new from BMW of Countryside in 2014 as well as her 2012 BMW F650GS Twin (also for sale in a separate post) for an RTW overland trip on motorcycles, bicycles, & our 78 Series Land Cruiser.

After riding the first leg of our trip (May – Sep 2015: Alaska, Canada, US West Coast) on our motorcycles, we transitioned to our Land Cruiser and then bicycles, parking our motorcycles in climate-controlled storage, with plans to return to our bikes after completing the other stages of our trip. Long story short, we’re still on the road and haven’t made it back to the bikes yet.

So, given the CV-19 delay, we’ve decided to sell both bikes rather than keep them in storage, as we’ll be returning to our Land Cruiser in Argentina when borders reopen to continue our trip and, realistically don’t anticipate being back to the bikes for another 2-3 years.

Here’s a rundown of the bike’s equipment list and some photos. Note that the bike came fully loaded with factory options including Cruise Control, Onboard computer, LED Running Light, Aux Spotlights, etc.

One quick note, I also have the BMW GPS Nav 5, which I’m using in our Land Cruiser, but would be willing to sell separately for $400.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Tires

· Heidenau K60 Scouts (Front / Rear)

Protection:

· Touratech Expedition Skid Plate (Long)

· Touratech 1200GSA Crash Bar Reinforcement

· Altrider Quick Release Lexan Headlight Guard

· Touratech SS Radiator Guard

· Touratech Side Stand Switch Guard

· BMW OEM Hand Guards

Luggage / Packing

· Globescout Panniers (Clear Anodized)

· Globescout Removable Pannier Bags (one bag)

· Globescout Lid Nets (2)

· Touratech Quick Release Bottle Mounts (Both Panniers)

· Black Dog Rear Rack

· Wunderlich GS Aluminum Tool Compartment

Rider Safety

· BMW Aux Spotlights

· Skene P3 Rear Visibility LED lights (Rear lights / Brakes)

· Weiser Ultra Bright LED Blinker Inserts

Comfort & Convenience

· Factory Installed BMW Cruise Control

· Heated Grips

· Wired for BMW Heated Vest

· Touratech Large Side Stand Foot

Also, we’re selling a number of other accessories separately including 2x Aerostich covers, spare tubes, bike-specific tools, heated vests, etc. If you’re interested, let me know and I can send a complete list of other items.

USA_07202020__H0A1785.JPG USA_07202020__H0A1817.JPG USA_07202020__H0A1821.JPG USA_07202020__H0A1824.JPG USA_07202020__H0A1831.JPG USA_07202020__H0A1839.JPG USA_07202020__H0A1841.JPG USA_07202020__H0A1924.JPG USA_07212020__H0A2036.JPG USA_07212020__H0A2051.JPG
  2. TwoTrvlers

TwoTrvlers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    bump
    OU812 likes this.
  3. TwoTrvlers

TwoTrvlers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    bump
  4. TwoTrvlers

TwoTrvlers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a great bike guys!
  5. TwoTrvlers

TwoTrvlers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Price reduced to $15,500
  6. gkp00

gkp00 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bike looks great! How long has it been in storage? Is anyone riding it regularly?
  7. TwoTrvlers

TwoTrvlers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bike was in climate-controlled storage for 4.5 years. Before putting it into storage I took all the steps to prep it, and when I took it out, I fully serviced it before starting it the first time (ie. drained the tank, changed the oil, new battery, etc). The bike started right up. I've been riding it regularly since I took it out of storage and it runs like new. And I just did the 12K service about 40 miles ago. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    crazybrit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.