2014 Dacre Challenge -Who's In so Far?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Seth S

Seth S Deleted

Oddometer:
    That area back in there was very confusing. we went up the hill past you guys as well...but smaller lighter bikes were able to dig up without too much issue. I need to look at the route on google earth and see what that section looks like from above.
  2. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    To be honest if I'd have had a clean run at it, the 990 would have made no problem....the issue for me that morning was that I lost momentum dodging another bike that went down in my line and had to slow down last minute forcing me to get back on the throttle at not a very good spot....that resulted in the 908RR digging deep......great tire if you can keep the speed up....A Royal Pain in the Ass is you slow down too much!:lol3

But next time I aim to be on a 450exc or something.....and just float of the gnarly sections:deal
  3. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Putting some consideration into a 500exc, but I really really really like my 690 for it's all round capability. Can't imagine selling the GSA and I think there is a two bike limit to my wife's tolerance no matter how much I tell her they are cheaper than a girlfriend...:lol3 Maybe I'll just go sit on one or find someone who has one that is willing to let me take it for a spin.
  4. Trialsguy

Trialsguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have just the right bike for the Dacre in the garage, and was going to ride again this year , but work schedules got in the way. A 525EXC with a big tank, tight motor and comfy seat. It would have been fun. Oh well.

Tom
  5. GR0NK

GR0NK Got some screws loose!

Oddometer:
    Shit no! That section after the marina was even gnarlier than the otional route 5. I invented a new word for it even. It wasn't just slick and it wasn't just slippery, it was "slickery". :rofl

Sean :bmwrider
  6. Seth S

Seth S Deleted

Oddometer:
    Any couple of sections were doable on a bike like a 950/990 with proper tires and suspension. Combining all these sections together with plenty of rider fatigue and its an entirely different matter. A wise rider would have skipped sections 10-12 on the big bikes
  7. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    ...see now there's the problem, not one of us who entered the Dacre would fit most peoples the description of wise. :lol3
  8. FINNDIAN

FINNDIAN Mine goes to 11

Oddometer:
    I had made a plan with my team. I said "those guys will be coming up on us before long. We're in it for a long haul and will keep riding at a safe steady pace and save some energy for a good push at the end". Jon and Bernie agreed it was a good plan.
    I was out front when I heard Chris coming up, I eased up a bit more and kept to the side with with a wave as he went by. Of course Jon and Bernie weren't far behind like a cat after a mouse. lol. Plan A out the window.

We had a lot of good laughs throughout the day. Great fun.
  9. georgedaman

georgedaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It must have been the other brand... the 950 SE was the first on top of the hill and i gave you a hand with your bike if you remember.

Team Big Jugs did well, considering all circumstances.
    We had our team mate on a GS 800 unfortunate get off and broken ankles early on the day, but we continued.
    He is doing well.

We did about 13hrs when we were told that the rescue vehicle with the injured rider and our gear headed to London.So we called it.

Otherwise,me and the my team mate on the GS1200 could have done most of the rally.

Looking forward to the next one and even if i get a smaller bike,i'll probably try to do it on the SE..

Thanks for RC for the great event and team Big Jugs letting me ride with them .
  10. GrahamM

GrahamM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just put up for sale the 09 KTM530 with 570kit that I used on the p2d. Great runner with only 20hrs on a completely fresh motor top and bottom and been single sumped by thumper racing in Nevada. If this kind of riding is your style you will not find a nicer running motor. The torque is bottomless:) listed in canada flea market.

Reason for selling, not enough room nor time for all in the stable. Price is 5800 which is reasonable... Yes I picked it up for 1k with trashed engine but put more than 4.5k worth of work into it. For inmates there will definitely be room on the price but no trades.

Bottom end and top end taken care of by Orange motor sports. Assembly and tuning taken care of by self.
  11. Critt

Critt Rambling on

Oddometer:
    Decent looking bike. It has definately been off road, but glad the oil modification worked for you. This is the next bike I need in my stable, but you are about 12 months early. GLWS.
  12. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    Is anyone else having trouble with rally connex web site? Just trying to sign up for te rock hound rally.
    Thanks
  13. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Haven't tried yet - but I need to sign up! Now that CRC is cancelled I'm free for that weekend.

dc
  14. GrahamM

GrahamM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They announced somewhere that their site is down a couple days... Keep trying or email kevin
  15. FINNDIAN

FINNDIAN Mine goes to 11

Oddometer:
    I've also listed my Dacre bike for sale since I haven't had a chance to ride it since the Rally.

08 Aprilia rxv450 used on team Repeat Offenders.

listed in the Canadian flea market.

450v twin, sexy Italian
  16. Critt

Critt Rambling on

Oddometer:
    Also a nice bike. Never seen or heard of this one, so it is interesting. My dad's cottage is on Six Mile, so I was riding up around Bala and whatnot last weekend. Might be up there again this weekend (but with the car this time).