2014 Death Valley Noobs Rally - March 28, 29 & 30

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Oct 27, 2013.

1. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:

:lol3

:sweeti
  2. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    joel, you have an excellent memory. i have pretty insane work hours that make scheduling things difficult to say the least, had just taken the course, and there was a younger guy at the raffle that asked me if i wanted to trade that REALLY wanted the JL course, so i gave it to him. he was super pumped about it.

having said that, my skills are rusty and i want to get ready for the upcoming riding we have in the winter here, so i am in the process of setting up a local "big bike training day" with a group discount at http://www.motoventures.com/ here in san diego county and was going to post up on this thread to invite noob rally folks that might be interested. Gary has an excellent program for adv riders of all types no matter how big or small the bike is and his facility is second to none. shooby and i have taken 4-5 courses out there and it is an awesome value.

shooby and jeepbandit (went to noob rally with me) are for sure going, and hopefully several others from the forum as well. camping is available on site so if enough show interest, we could do the training day all day, camp out, and ride the next day in the mountains around there. or just leave in the am or whatever, lots of good options. could likely camp out the night before as the training usually starts around 8 am. date TBD, but sooner than later is most likely.
  3. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    So ready to sign up for this again!! This time I think I'm gonna ride down - it's time the Wee had another trip through Titus :D
  4. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've taken one class at Gary's place, it was good! I'd be up for this, depending on the date.
  5. Nubs

Nubs Dakarmelized

Oddometer:
    I would also be up for that. He runs a trials class I would love to check out!
  6. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    great guys! i will keep posting as we closer to an assured date, but looking like november at this point, likely the first half.

shooby and i took the trials class. awesome skill building that translated immediately to a bigger bike and one of the hardest workouts i had done in awhile. oh yeah, also looped the bike by accident :rofl
  7. TheQuietOne

TheQuietOne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been wanting to do a motoventures course for a while. Either myself or my husband would likely go depending on the date.
  8. socially stunted

socially stunted Mind astray

Oddometer:
    I'd be in for this as well.
  9. Shooby

Shooby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Training is the best farkle you can buy.
  10. Shunka

Shunka Supervision Required Supporter

Oddometer:

Or in Stoke's case a single serving wine and big momma's pickled sausage.

[​IMG]

:hide
  11. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    god, look at those bleary eyes-a necessary side effect of warped, right!?

good to hear from you bud! i am saving that sausage thing for the next warped as a "prize" we pass onto whoever gets the most shit on the thread, which could well end up being me :lol3 dude, that thing has not degraded at all. none. looks exactly the same. i bet it does next year too. i drank the wine right away.
  12. Shunka

Oddometer:

Something tells me you are going to be the proud owner of that for a while. :lol3

I'm tentatively IN for this and WARPED for 2015. Just waiting for the track & field schedule to be finalized to know for sure.:deal
  13. Shooby

Shooby Long timer

Oddometer:
    :nod

Sweet! bringing home made or another Double Bastard Magnum ?

:freaky
  14. Shunka

Oddometer:
    Something I'm sure.
  15. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot everyone for the support and good wishes. I was trying to avoid a March Noobs Rally birthday but I guess I miscalculated. :rofl
    I already bitch enough about it and made her promise that I'll be there for the next one. :thumb
    Joel, I can still help you for whatever you need.
  16. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ersin - You can't convince her of the merits of a natural birth at the Hot Springs?
  17. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    I mentioned it once and didn't get a good feedback. :D I'll check again. But I am sure she will let him out on our way to Hot Springs. :rofl
  18. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    Ok guys, I locked up the date with Gary Laplante today for a big bike training day/noob and warped rally reunion/ whoever else wants to come/have fun, camp out and farkle yourself with killer training. I certainly need it :lol3

- http://www.motoventures.com/our-location

-50250 Hwy 371, Anza, CA 92539

-GPS 33 deg 32' 7.5" N, 116 deg 45' 47" W

DATES:

-Friday night, the 7th of November, free camping on site

-Saturday day, the 8th of November, training from 9am-3pm

-Saturday night, the 8th of November, free camping on site

-Sunday morning, can leave or a group of us is likely riding around that area that morning/day. Uh, Shooby is likely to have the details on that...right!? I still use my cell phone for nav and my turtle like pace is not great for leading a group ride...:rofl

TRAINING CURRICULA:

-Level 2 Skills builder with Dual Sport and ADV riders in mind
    -You can ride your own bike or rent one of his smaller, lighter dirtbikes for the day
    -http://www.motoventures.com/training-options-and-prices

INVESTMENT:

-$225 or 10% off that with military discount
    -Drinks and snacks provided, must bring own lunch

CAMPING ON SITE:

-Free
    -Porta potty and fire ring/ easy ups on site
    -I will be bringing some firewood but others are welcome too as well
    -Me, Shooby and hopefully jeepbandit will be there Friday and Saturday night. Drinks, cooking out, campfire stories, more drinks encouraged.

OTHER DETAILS:

-There is a trials event happening that Sunday, the 9th. They will be camping out Saturday night as well.
    -Our bikes are bigger so we can push them out of the way if needed :lol3
    -Will be a great opportunity to get to know more about trials and meet some of those folks
    -Motoventures has trials bikes available for rent as well

CONTACT INFO TO SIGN UP:

-Call Gary directly at 951-767-0991 to reserve a spot for this date

-Again, just call 951-767-0991 to get a spot
  19. Shooby

Shooby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uh, riiiight.

Actually the trials riders will just scoff at our antics and leave tread marks on our helmets.
  20. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    Ha, whatever shooby, I know you've got some good tracks for around there! Shunka, hope the track season doesn't interfere & you can make it.