1. eNewsletter Sign Up

For sale 2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by mach1mustang351, Jan 10, 2020.

1. mach1mustang351

mach1mustang351 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great opportunity for a Fly, buy, ride and take an epic trip from Alaska, back home.

This is a 2014 Stelvio with less that 7K miles. It lived most of its life in CA and I used it sparingly. I rode it to Alaska last summer and it got about 250 miles this season. I have a 15 month old and trips really aren't in the cards for me. All stock, all fluids changed with AMSoil last summer, brand new Pirelli on the back. Only accessories are the Hepco Becker top case mount and the Hella LED fog lights.

Bike is in Anchorage, I can offer airport pickup, a night stay at the house (if you're okay with a St Bernard, and a baby) and some good Alaska stories before you set off on adventure.

I absolutely love this bike and hate to see it go, but also trying to get my bike business going, and could use the space. I will store for you until next spring. I also own a bike shop. And if you want to ship accessories up and have them installed before you arrive, I absolutely can help.

Bike is in Anchorage, AK asking $7,500

1A169031-2712-4B2B-90FC-10D1A354F628.jpeg 074B4ECA-79F6-4AC8-A689-A870283AEE73.jpeg 8AE70DBC-0FA7-4226-8349-FBF386C170D9.jpeg B3D96F91-5867-440A-A20C-C171C7986E3E.jpeg D95EBA6A-91CB-4D0F-9E1F-CF4C1975A71D.jpeg
  2. geoduch

geoduch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    are the side cases in the photos included?
    does it have heated grips?
  3. mach1mustang351

Oddometer:
    the side cases are the factory SW Motech and will be included. I also have a Hepco Becker Junior 45 top case that is rough, but can be included if you wish.

You may know, the NTX is factory setup to add heated grips, the switch is right in the housing already. I didn’t add the heated grips, but for a full price offer I will add them before your trip
    OU812 and geoduch like this.
  4. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    So what is the right time of year for this sort of adventure?

-dod
    mach1mustang351 and geoduch like this.
  5. mach1mustang351

Oddometer:
    I’ve made the ride 5 times, and in every sensible month.... so May, June, July, August

May and August were my favorite because tourist traffic is way down, the Scenery is better May will have more lingering snow in the mountains, makes for a nice view.

June is statistically your best chance at dry weather.

August is your least likely chance for dry weather... but honestly, you’re traveling a long way in the far north... it WILL rain on you.

There are cool options as well with taking the marine highway or something like that too. I’ve never done it, but many have
    outdoorsman, OU812 and geoduch like this.
  6. mach1mustang351

Oddometer:
    along with the bump, comes some more info.

the left side of the front “mask” has a scratch in it. There is no gouge in it or anything, might be able to be removed with some “back to black” or some such product.

the fork seals were also leaking spring and I tried the “seal savers” and they stopped. I purchased new seals and swipers and if they leak when I pull the bike out in the spring, I will replace Then and replace the fluid.

If they are good to go, you get a set of brand new, genuine Moto Guzzi seals!!!
    outdoorsman and geoduch like this.
  7. anotherbmw

anotherbmw Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting. I started a post a few weeks ago, talking about how to do Alaska in 2 weeks from CenTex. One of the options I looked into was riding up and shipping my bike back, which is crazy expensive. Buying a bike in Alaska, riding it back and selling it here would be a tempting option. And I like the Stelvio, not as much as my GS, but it fits me well!

Won't be able to do it this year though, if you still have it a year from now, I may be seriously interested! GLWS!
    mach1mustang351 and geoduch like this.
  8. mach1mustang351

Oddometer:
    Bump.

what else can I say about it?.... it seems rude to do a bump without something else... how about a price reduction $7k
    SlipChip and geoduch like this.
  9. mach1mustang351

Oddometer:
    Bump time...

Getting closer to spring... let’s talk seriously everyone. Let’s make a deal!!
    geoduch likes this.