2014 RMAR Silverton Rendezvous, July 24-27

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Mac, Dec 17, 2013.

1. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    So who is in for some night time single track?

As I mentioned before Helmet Lighting is a must, probably a flashlight too for backup worst case.

I'll need a good rider for sweep.

If you need Helmet lighting check out Trail Tech
    http://www.trailtech.net/a122-ss

Mention Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders and the Rendezvous in Silveron, CO and I think they are going to give us some off.

I plan to do night time riding around Colorado Springs, Woodland Park once the nights are warmer...probably Mt Rosa if anyone local wants to come out for some exposure to night time riding. I'll be posting up in the Rockies section.
  2. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun. I'm a definite possible maybe for considering. I can probably afford to tape a couple Harbor Freight LED flashlights to the sides of my helmet. Not sure I want to pay more than that to go get punished at night when there's drinking to be accomplished :freaky

I'll crack another beverage and think about it some more.
  3. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Well we do need the one person with duct taped lights on their helmet so we can either laugh or cry when the fancy ones go out...LOL
  4. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am looking forward to this! I have only used my helmet light once so far, on a midnight fast lap of Slickrock, but I was happy with it! Sure beats just going with the stock headlight, which I seemed to outride a lot. On them helmet, at least the light shines where you are looking.
  5. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    WDKRx2

IN list:
    modette (has helmet lighting)
    MountainsandRivers (has helmet lighting)
    Jim with BRP (has helmet Lighting)
    Stephenson (has helmet lighting)

Maybe list:
    WildTurkey (Duct tape lighting)
    pwrtrippin (if I can get him to buy helmet lighting)

This will be a scenic ride up to the Continental Divide Trail to star gaze and watch wild animals as they make their way up rocky, steep and just plan gnarl at night. It is said the sights and sounds can be epic as the night is full of laughter, grunts and the smell of musk from these wild creators.
  6. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    Now you're making me horny.

7. MountainsandRivers

Oddometer:
    Why do I get the feeling I am signing up for a Rocky Mtn version of Deliverance? I guess I am still in, but I get to be Burt, you can be Ned Beatty!
  8. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I rather be the kid on the banjo as you all come riding up (now do I have to find some dude to sit on the tail with a banjo to scare everyone).

[​IMG]
  9. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    The old XR650R is up and running anyone bringing bigger bikes? I plan to do a large bike WDKR.

So Trevor we going to shoot for Rico area this year?
  10. MountainsandRivers

Oddometer:
    Yes, but it is not very big bike friendly!
  11. Hondo

Hondo **********

Oddometer:
    RV site reserved- I will be there on the 27th.
  12. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    That is crazy talk...

Maybe Chris will come out and show us what a 1190 can do...LOL

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/JWIZfYQhgMc?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/JWIZfYQhgMc?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  13. Z50Started-it

Z50Started-it Mini Trail Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be in the area a few days early. Might like to hook up for some mildly adventurous routes. Would Stony Pass to Rio Grand Reservoir then Trail 821 north to Mill Creak and back over Cinnamon meet my criteria?

I have never been on Trail 821 north out of Rio Grand Reservoir. What is it like?
  14. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    The RMAR Pre-Rondy and Rendezvous will be moved to Meeker this year, due to a conflicting Jeep event in Silverton.

Dates remain unchanged.

Pre-Rondy: July 27-30
    Rendezvous July 31 - Aug 3

Since we scheduled and announced the 2014 RMAR Rendezvous last year, the Mile High Jeep Club has decided to hold their annual event in Silverton.

As of today, 335 Jeepers are already confirmed and they are expecting 500-600 in Silverton at the same time as the RMAR Rendezvous. This means there would be literally hundreds of Jeeps on the same roads and trails we typically use. The roads and trails will be unusable and miserable for motorcyclists. Also, the Jeepers will fill the hotels, motels and restaurants. In short, RMAR cannot provide you the experiences in Silverton this year with the Jeepers in town.

As a result, the RMAR Board of Directors has decided to move the Rendezvous to Meeker, Colorado at the same time as we would have been in Silverton.

We have already coordinated with officials in Meeker, and they can support our event and invite us in with open arms. The community of Meeker, including the county, is extremely supportive of OHV type riding. There is an abundance of awesome riding in the area, and we're excited to showcase this area during the 2014 RMAR Rendezvous.

Stay tuned, we're feverishly working on the changes. We already have strong relationships with community leaders, and we're working out the details with them. Over the next days, more information will be published here and on www.RMARiders.org, including the basecamp, lodging and such.

Registration remains open: http://www.rmariders.org/2014-rendezvous.html
  15. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    There is some really good single track to the west on the BLM......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also some great riding on the Forest Service to the south and east.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. dentvet

dentvet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd like to join in the pre Rondy if possible. I grew up in Sedalia so I'm kind of a rocky inmate. I'll bring a Christini bike and a helmet light. Ive ridden rampart at night in the nineties if that helps in 'vetting' me for the ride.
  17. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    More details are coming, obviously ride ideas I had in my head will be changed due to location change. Which is fine, we will still do a night time ride and to be honest helmet lighting will be optional.

I'll still be out to Meeker for the whole 9 days. The Pre-Rondy will still be a loose gathering.

We will still have a BLAST and do some great riding...

Those that liked my WDKR as part of RMAR will get the full effect in Meeker, I myself have not ridden there and how the WDKR was born was me not knowing the area. So it will be an epic ride.

1) Bigger bike WDKR where we will hit single track and do a nice huge loop
    2) Smaller bike WDKR where depending we might toss the bikes into truck/trailer and haul them out to save on fuel...but it will be an epic time I'm sure of that.

Don't worry, it will still be a grand time with good company.
  18. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I got word that there is a lot of Single track cow trails that are legal to ride right now and they are not on any maps as they are being mapped.

So to assure some on Meeker, we smaller bike guys will have good single track to ride. Figure 10 miles out to it, and 10 miles back not all that bad because if you recall Hermosa Creek in Silverton is like 15 miles out.

There will be epic riding.

We are working on a Base Camp now...
  19. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    Great riding in that area. Also if you want single track open riding, 30 miles north to Maybell is the SandWash OHV area. I have ridden out there for 40 years and still find some new stuff.
  20. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the tip....

Yeah, this area sounds like a hoot and we will not have to wait in line behind 300+ Jeeps to get anywhere.