2014 RMAR Silverton Rendezvous, July 24-27

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Mac, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    Notice: Changes

Adventure Riders, RMAR has had to make a couple of changes the past week. As some of you know, we learned that there would be a HUGE congestion problem in the Silverton, CO, area....July 27 - Aug 3, since the Mile High Jeep Club is bringing their All 4 Fun event to Silverton. This congestion issue would serious degrade the riding enjoyment, so we are shifting, adjusting and changing....so that all of you will have the best experience.

If these changes cause anyone a ton of challenge, we apologize.

RMAR is running off two events to meet everyone's needs....

RMAR Rendezvous Silverton, July 24-27 - $60

Silverton Colorado - Click Here - Registration, Silverton
    July 24-27 is our Rendezvous in Silverton, Colorado. We recently adjusted the dates of this event, moving a week earlier so as not to conflict with the Mile High Jeep Club event in Silverton the week after. Nearly everyone knows how awesome the riding is in the Silverton area.

RMAR Rendezvous Meeker, July 31 - Aug 3 - $55

Meeker Colorado - Click Here - Registration, Meeker
    July 31 - Aug 3 is our Rendezvous in Meeker, Colorado. We are keeping our original RDV date, but moving to Meeker, CO to avoid the congestion issues around Silverton at this time. Meeker is a sleeping giant for Adventure riding. The Wagon Wheel trail system offers 250 miles of dirt that is outstanding for mid-sized and large adventure bikes. The BLM out to the west will give any single track rider all they want in 100's of thousands of acres.

So, Meeker is $55, Silverton is $60, and both will be discounted at $95 (just one shirt, unless you pay full price for both).

So, join us - in addition to some of the best riding on Earth, you'll get a TShirt, sticker and meal vouchers to use at restaurants and bars in town.
  2. Big_John

Oddometer:
    Gang.....as many of you know...the riding in the Silverton area is awesome!!!!1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Big_John

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Big_John

Oddometer:
    <EMBED type=application/x-shockwave-flash height=315 width=560 src=//www.youtube.com/v/JWIZfYQhgMc?hl=en_US&version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>[/QUOTE]

Come out for some riding fun......
  5. Big_John

Oddometer:
    Not that BBQ will be done, but there might be some breakfast items and coffee.........

[​IMG]
  6. SgtMarty

SgtMarty Retired, baby!

Oddometer:
    I intend to be in both Silverton and Meeker, since I'd hate to miss either one.

I know the change/split won't work for everyone, but you guys had to deal with some late-breaking bad news with the jamboree and you did the best you could on no advanced notice. I appreciate the work you guys do for all the local riders and riding efforts.
  7. Z50Started-it

Z50Started-it Mini Trail Supporter

Oddometer:
    So the MHJC All-4-fun starts Sunday 7/27. I wonder how many jeeps will plan to show up early? Like Saturday 7/26, or even Friday?

Trying to 'beat the crowd' sounds like a good idea. I love the Alpine Loop. I'm just wondering if it will be the 4x dust loop... even if we show up early.
  8. Big_John

Oddometer:

All 4 Fun is a week long event and MHJC does have their rental, base camp property until Sunday. A couple might show up early, but probably very few.
  9. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    I had dropped my cabin for the normal Rally date, but was able to get back into one of the Motel rooms on the new dates , See ya the 24th!! then will explore until the Meeker Rally starts on the 31st. :deal

:clap:clap

Jailor8
  10. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I hit Jim at red Mountain RV an email to give me the status of Cabins/Rooms so I can report here. Let's try and get them booked up as they been great host the last two years.
  11. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Got this email from Jim

We only have 1 small cabin left for those dates 24th-27th, but can still take plenty of tents.
    Thanks
    Jim & Amy
  12. Big_John

Oddometer:

Also remember, that there are a couple of hotels on main street and there is unlimited tent camping. Additionally, I think Jim will have plenty of room for campers and RV's.

I will be bringing a small trailer with sleeping quarters.

13. SgtMarty

SgtMarty Retired, baby!

Oddometer:
    I'll be sleeping in the Tahoe.
  14. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    Ok, this is awesome! This falls on my our wedding anniversary weekend and I married the right woman. We want to join in on this AND she's going to let me go to Meeker the following weekend for some single track riding on the KTM. We'd like to have indoor accomodations for the Silverton weekend. Please offer up some suggestions that are likely to be sorta nice and still available? We'll be there on big bikes, I'll be on the R100gs pd and she'll be on f650 Dakar.

In Meeker I'll just tent camp.
  15. Big_John

Oddometer:
    We are starting to see the registrations flow and more than half are attending both events. Get yourself signed up, as the Rendezvous' are going to be a blast.

16. neepuk

neepuk Such a drag...

Oddometer:
    Registered last night and rooms are secured Thursday through Sunday at both events.

Thank You RMAR for all of your hard work putting these events together!

If any of you are going to be riding and touring around Colorado and would like to spend a night in Redstone let me know. I have a close connection at the Redstone Inn and can most likely get a pretty attractive rate for mid-week stays.

I also have a very nice garage, tools, Moto table and work space for those inmates that may need to do some maintenance or repairs in the days between the two events.
  17. Big_John

Oddometer:

It will be a great time....they always are.

18. Big_John

Oddometer:
    Come on gang.....get yourself registered and your friends for Silverton.

19. BlueBiscuit

BlueBiscuit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had a great time last year. Can't wait to check out Meeker too. In and paid for both.

BB
  20. mcmarcia

mcmarcia Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello all, I really enjoyed the 2012 RMAR Silverton event and miss all my great riding friends I got to ride and party with so hoping to make it for this year, probably Meeker as well. I had some health stuff hold me back last year, so no riding at all :cry. Good news is feeling strong for this year and hoping for a good riding season. Just starting to mess w the bikes, oil and such and recovering from minor bone break in right foot, but am ready to find the stiffest pair of boots I own and give it a go.

Food for thought, there are some awesome single track loops that connect the Dunton Meadows area to Rico, CO. I have hiked some of the area in Dunton while hunting for edible mushrooms, but have yet to get on the trails w a bike. From silverton, we would cross Ophir pass and then take Hwy 145 South over Lizard Head pass and just on back side of Lizard Head pass would take West Fork road FDR 535 a gravel/dirt road which switchbacks couple miles up to Dunton Meadows area. The single track starts up top at the first trailhead/road you find to the left, FDR 471, about a mile in to the Calico Trailhead. Here is a link, www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sanjuan/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=42792&actid=50

I just called the Dolores Forest service office to check if the Calico Trail is still open for dirt bikes and the women said this year it will be open, but is under review now to restrict motorized access for 2015. Be a good one for this years rally for those ready for those ready for an awesome all day big DS ride. Probably should be promoting a strong letter writing campaign as well to try and preserve it from being shut down in the future.

Thx for all your hard work organizing the events again, really hope I can jump on board and see everyone.