2014 RMAR Silverton Rendezvous, July 24-27

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Mac, Dec 17, 2013.

1. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Counting down........in 3 nights I will be camping at Mineral Creek!
  2. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    :stupid
  3. Creekside

Creekside Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be there Thursday night with 4 spoons HateRyder, two small and two very large with screw driver heads. I am sure others will have what you need too.
  4. dkom95

dkom95 KLRk Kent

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing y'all in Silverton.
    [​IMG]
  5. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    4 of us (all registered) rolling in on Friday evening.:clap

We do have one Tiger in the group, please be kind to him..:lol3 The rest is all orange!:evil

Mongo gonna be hungry!:dg

Super excited, see you all soon!! Eric.
  6. longtallsally

longtallsally Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer:
    Hey Rubber Donkey!!!!!! We'll finally get to hook up again! I'm not going to get there until Saturday night, but will be good to see you again. I'm on the pig and not the little bike, so you'll have to be nice to me as well...
  7. Dinty

Dinty n00b

Oddometer:
    Two years ago I happened to be in Silverton at the same time as the Rendezvous (also in Silverton). Met a few of you and took a few rides. I've been bringing my Honda XR650L to Silverton for quite a few years and riding with whoever I happened to cross paths with in any given year. Last year we weren't able to make it to CO (from TX) but this year the stars are aligning for another 2 week trip to Silverton arriving this Saturday (7/19) leaving 8/1.

I read the second week the jeepers are coming so perhaps I'll be trying to get all my riding in during the first week and may try to hook up with you all. I'm staying at the Silver Summit next to Red Mtn so I'll wonder over on the 24th.

David :D
    Georgetown, TX
  8. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    Kids!!

Daughter decides at the last minute to go, not a rider like my son and my 4 wheeler there is no way I can get it ready in time. So have a call in to rent a side by side for her while in Silverton... then gonna relive some of our past vacations out there when they were little and I was married to their mom, before we go to Meeker.. So if traveling goes ok. Will be in the motel part of red mountain Thursday afternoon/eve. Think we are in room 1 look for the pile of Illinois stuff!!

Daughters!! Who let them wrap you around their little finger anyway!!!

Oh yeah, she is married, hubby cant go, pulled the ole "but daddy I wont be able to go in the future, with school and work and maybe grand babies and no vacation accumilated..

Kids!!

J8
  9. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    <b><font size="4" color="red">Registration is closing on 18 July 2014!! </font><br><br>
  10. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Damn just got in under the gun!

Mama aiMhi & Little aiMhi #2 will also be up there to check up on us every now and then -LOL!

Terry and I will bring a couple cases of Royal Monarch Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil as freebies.

See ya up there!
  11. mtnseeker1

mtnseeker1 dirty me

Oddometer:
    I can pick up an OHV sticker at any bike shop on my way in right?
    AND I WILL NEED ONE EVEN WITH STREET TAGGS?
  12. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you'll be riding single track or trails off of the established roads, you'll need a sticker and you should be able to pick on up at a shop on the way in Montrose or Durango. I don't know if a sticker will be available in Silverton, but I wouldn't count on that.

If you're riding a plated, dual sport bike, just on jeep roads like the Alpine Loop and on state highways, you'll be fine with your plate.
  13. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dang Sally, that's supposed to be a secret, Super-Secret!:deal:lol3
  14. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    <b><font size="4" color="red">Registration is closed. </font><br><br>
  15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Have fun everyone! :clap
  16. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Take pictures and post them up
  17. longtallsally

Oddometer:
    The wheel arrived!!!! :happay

So in the midst of the murphy's law fire drill at work, I'm trying to finish getting the bike together and ready to go. I so desperately get this getaway...
  18. Scrambleon

Scrambleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Longtallsally, I'll see you in silverton. Last time I rode with you was in DV after the rain in the dunes. You where on the clown bike. :lol3. Are you riding out or bringing the Rubicon tested Jeep and trailer? I've been in Meeker the last couple of days trying out the riding here. Headed to Silverton tomorrow.

Scrambleon
  19. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Heading out in the AM. Travel safe everyone!!
  20. longtallsally

Oddometer:
    Right on! Yeah, I was a little down on power with the wife's bike that day, but it was still a blast- and I'm sure you got some amusement from me going over the bars a couple times. It has since been replaced with a 450EXC. Fine. Yes. I needed more go go with the happy switch and I admit it. Love my little mistress and don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

Anyway, I'll be bringing the pig on this trip. I debated the little bike on the hitch carrier (and it was the back up plan if the pig couldn't get completed), but i can't justify not bringing the whole family to tow the camper all the way out there for a solo trip and the boss can't take all the time off.

Sadly I'll be on what I consider street tires, and have sworn to the boss that I'm not bending another rim any time soon, so the shenanigans will be at a minimum. :hide

I'm getting a late start in that I'm leaving first light on Friday, but be sure to track me down on Saturday night.