2015 Death Valley Noobs Rally - March 26 - 29

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Oct 22, 2014.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

texas is a big place and it takes days just to get across. maybe if you split the state into west and east texas, the travel time will be less.

:huh

:lol3

TQO, us noobs love you...:raabia
  2. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup, and having watched TQO on the Reward Mine "road" and following her back from Father Crowley Point after we'd restored ourselves to some semblance of aliveness in Lone Pine, no reservations. There was something about the road over the pass and those guard rails/barriers that looked to me to be placed perfectly to catch the bike but send me hurtling out into space, then straight down, if I messed up - guess I'm really a flatlander at heart so was more than a tad uneasy - and I freely admit I was a tired pup, errr, cautious old hound, and was all for taking it easy on the way back to the barn, particularly after I recognized that the tank-truck ahead of us was leaving a trail of liquid on the curves. Pretty sure it was Diesel and that's S L I C K stuff! But anyhoo, TQO rode around the slicks - heck, all day - like a boss and is welcome to any of my bikes, anytime.

Again, thanks for all the work you put in to make DVNR a gotta-do-it-again happening, Joel!!! :bow:bow:bow
    ridefire likes this.
  3. TheQuietOne

TheQuietOne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Aw shucks...:raabia
  4. KenMcBreezy

KenMcBreezy Back on dirt - hurts

Oddometer:
    TQO is hard not to love, which is funny because she's all like "I hate people" every day or so. Not you guys, just people. Sometimes me. Okay, usually me. Don't worry, we're unlikely to have the machete with us...
  5. NSFW

Oddometer:
    whaaat, you still have no clue?

ken, the Klim suit will take care of that.....:rofl

love to see you guys again next year.

make it a big trip, include taking the jimmy lewis class. oops TQO already gave away the 50% coupon....:D
  6. NSFW

Oddometer:
    advFord likes this.
  7. DAVISH

DAVISH Mafi Mitlo !!

Oddometer:
    Hi there, I'm from NYC and I am very interested in participating in the upcoming (March 2016 ?) NOBE ride. Can you respond to when that might be? (Needless to say coming from NYC I need to plan way in advance)

Thank you
    Davish
  8. socially stunted

socially stunted Mind astray

Oddometer:
    ^^^^ Go back a page or two. I think it's March 31st - April 3rd.
  9. NSFW

Oddometer:
    if you ride, we'll provide you a free campsite....:ricky

thanks chris. here's the official date:

March 31 - April 3, 2016 @ Panamint Springs
    Death Valley, CA
  10. garfey

Oddometer:
    I N !
    :D

11. sarathmenon

sarathmenon Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    garfey, if you ride that 500 EXC all the way from Texas, I'll give you my campsite. Not my chair, just the campsite. :lol3
  12. garfey

Oddometer:
    Nope, not gonna happen! **

Planning to come in my "new" Baja500 Command/Comms Van, formerly known as "The Tomato" in CenTX circles, towing a seriously jacked up 4x4 P/U w/winch, lights, that stuff, and the bikes inside the van. Also planning to camp out, probl'y at the hot springs, until WARPED (promised "stoke" that I'd be there, with Cajun cooking gear (I'm at his house in SD now, being hosted Royally, getting ready to hook up the trailer and head East), then again until time for the Baja500 for which I hope Max (bananaman) is ready to ride. Recovery from his shoulder injury has not, shall we say, proceeded as rapidly as we would have liked. Gonna try to get him to come to DVNR, too, and think he will.

The EXC, btw, finished Baja Rally 3.0 in 19th place, 8th in PRO, with Ms. Jenny Morgan piloting. She didn't break it hardly at all! :photog
    Pics showing up in the BR 3.0 thread now, I'll dump my cameras when I get back home Tuesday/tomorrow.

** Besides, I promised TQO a bike to ride and I can't haul a spare on the 500! Prob'ly be bringing three this time. 500/625/690.

P.S. The Tomato has a big A/C on top and a big generator on the back deck. Pics taken in my yard week before last, b/4 heading to Ensenada, + one of Max's shoulder three months ago.

p.p.s. Did I mention that I'll be bringing my cast iron and big pots, 3-burner propane "stove," and griddle on which I once fed 18 peeps bkfst at once?

DSC03386.JPG DSC03387.JPG Max's Shoulder, 4Jul15.jpg .
    DSC03386.JPG
    sarathmenon likes this.
  13. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    Garfey, those pics are epic.
  14. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios...

Oddometer:
    Are any of our peeps going to be at PSR for Thanksgiving this year? I'll be there once again in my little black Cherokee camping in site 24. No moto since I'll have the kids.
  15. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where's the sign up thread for 2016? :-)
  16. NSFW

Oddometer:
    hi cindy and others.

sorry, still busy organizing the pahrump rally.
  17. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you Joel, have fun!
  18. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Joel, if you need any help with sign ups/registry, let us know (myself, and andrew) we've done this very efficiently before.
  19. siteglass

siteglass n00b

Oddometer:
    First post, proud new owner of a (little) big bike... V-Strom 650... friend pointed me in the direction of this forum and I've been lurking for a few months now. Can't make the Pahrump (too short of notice for work) but I would love to join for the next installment of the Noobs Rally. I'll be keeping my eyes open so I hopefully don't miss sign-ups! Hope to meet some cool riders from the Bay Area too.
  20. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    siteglass ... congrats on your first post and picking the DV Noobs to jump in. This is a great event for new riders and there have been an especially large number of Bay Area riders attending the last several years. Keep any eye open for the 2016 Noobs Rally sign up post as it should be coming up soon and fills up fast.

If you haven't been to DV, read some of the previous Noobs Rally threads for great info re; areas to ride, what to bring, bike set up, etc.

Cheers