2015 Rick's Eastern Rendezvous Picture Thread!

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Boondoggle, May 17, 2015.

1. Cuttle

Cuttle fuck the calm down

Oddometer:
    Thank you!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7_GlQASFFFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:

WTF?????

Did Cuttle try to knock his block off???:lol3
  3. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:

That was great thanks VOL!!!!
  4. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Cledus posted this on my facebook page so I swiped it and uploaded to youtube. :norton

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LnvBdBc0Bzk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  5. Cuttle

Cuttle fuck the calm down

Oddometer:
    I heard a rumor about a bike taking the twisted throttle border ride pictures to a new level :norton (especially the railroad bridge pic).

I want to see the pics!!!!!!! :deal
  6. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
  7. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    One for The Party Boss:freaky

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/4074526094_fPSpb8L?width=640&height=360&albumId=49328051&albumKey=Bx8s8p"></iframe>
  8. Cigars&Scotch

Cigars&Scotch My eyes are up here Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got a little more than I bargained for in that big wheel race!!!

Naked Chuck could not keep his hands off of me!!

:puke2

But no naked man in no big wheel is ever going to beat me in no race!!

:ricky:ksteve:nono:flip
  9. ClintG

ClintG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great pics! You guys throw a great party with some riding thrown in! :D
  10. fredgreen

fredgreen Beer drinkin Bluenoser

Oddometer:
    I put together a few pics of the Canoodians' ride to RDV. On the way home we slabbed it, so not to much for pics.

St. Stephen New Brunswick, just across the border from Calais, Maine. Our first real travel day. It was 30 degrees F in the morning while we packed up

[​IMG]

next pack up, Craig is already missing his missus a little too much

[​IMG]

Took the back way through PA, rode under this cool bridge
    [​IMG]

stopped in the burning town of Centralia, PA. A real neat spot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next day we hit the BRP for a few hundred miles. Great riding to be had up there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saw way too much of these
    [​IMG]

hwy 16 out of Marion was great
    [​IMG]

We crossed over to Damascus and through this place

[​IMG]

over the mountain to here

[​IMG]

for this
    [​IMG]

Next stop- Black Bear Resort
    [​IMG]

more to come....
  11. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    It was a red KLR, just sayin'

And I can't find any pics, I am so tech-challenged. Not that there is anything remotely technical about a point and shoot camera and saving the images taken with said camera.
  12. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    My Imaginary Internet Friends Tour started like a harley ride

[​IMG]

My brother had a snowblower for me and I took it home on the way back. So for the 1st 500 miles, this was following me:

[​IMG]

On the way to my sister's place in Paris, Wi; I stopped in Jefferson, to try the burgers at Wedll's Hamburger Stand and saw these cool buildings.

[​IMG]

and did not take a photo of the fairly tasty burgers and strawberry shake. I would stop again, even if I did not take a photo....

Got to my sister's, unloaded the RT and parked it next to my brother in law's RT. He says he likes the looks of his better. I dunno, I think they both look nice. Mine does have electronic cruise control, which is really nice.

[​IMG]

I left the next morning and took surprisingly few photos of getting sick on the tollway on the northside of Chicago. It was not pleasant, well except for the the Illinois highway helper stopping to see if I needed any help.....

Arrived at Port Clinton (pronounced Cleeenton) just in time to hang with Devil Dog and fam.

[​IMG]
    Cool place to hang out and find out all kinds of useful 1911 knowledge.
    [​IMG]

Wait, that looks like Mark O?!?!? Yep, it is. We met at Port Clinton to ride a meandering route to the Rdv.
    Dogs love visitors.
    [​IMG]

When I left my sister's, it was 45. It was 85 in Port Clinton. Pretty much set the tone for the week. Warm and sunny, while at home, they experienced the occasional snow shower. Ack, ack, ack.
  13. barnyard

Oddometer:
    While in Port Clinton, I wanted to check out Lake Erie. Why??? Why not. I have not been there, so away we went.

Gotta stop for breakfast 1st.
    [​IMG]

Seems like I have a lot of stuff on that RT. Mark seems to travel way lighter.

The day really did start well. Hard to beat sunrise on a big lake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So we rode from Port Clinton down some state roads to route 555. Which was really cool, till the construction detour. The detour road was not horrible, although we never did find where the detour returned us back to 555, but whatever. We set the GPS roulette for Lady Draco's and did not take photos till blah, blah, blah.

[​IMG]

Pretty darn awesome place to spend some time. Beautiful surroundings, cows, good peeps and good eats.

[​IMG]

This looks like a fine spot to sit back, watch the world go by and listen to the tree frogs. The cows did not even moo.

[​IMG]

The views did not suck.

[​IMG]

Did not suck at all.
  14. barnyard

Oddometer:
    and thennnnnn

Mark said, we should ride Hwy 16 the back of the something or nother.

[​IMG]

That was pretty cool. Till we fell in behind the Caravan Touring Club of America Rally. Gah. We also spoke to a couple of peeps from the local Chamber of Commerce or some nonsense about road improvements that they want to complete and then start advertising the road as a vacation destination. Ride the road now, before it becomes a 25 mph clusterfuck.

The views did not suck here either.
    [​IMG]

Mark said to take a photo of this, because...

[​IMG]

Lots of twisty, turney, uppey, downey

[​IMG]

more views that did not suck

[​IMG]

Not in Minnesota anymore...

[​IMG]

So then we rode our asses off to get to today's destination...

[​IMG]

The infamous Crab Shack.
    with moar flaming final drive
    [​IMG]

Oh look, a really shitty photo of round bottomed tumblers. Perfect gift for the drinker....
    [​IMG]

A slightly better photo...
    [​IMG]
    AdvMax called one of his friends (brother from another mother, I believe) and says, Dude, bring over the Sargent or maybe it was Sgt Schultz...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dreamy. The motorcycle. Not Max.

Because it is Max's. Duh.

[​IMG]
  15. barnyard

Oddometer:
    So in the morning, Max and Momma Jo sent us off with full bellies. Time to head north again towards Hampton and 205 Dennis Cove Rd.

I sure do not take many photos.....

The view from 205 Dennis Cove Rd is a beauty sight, to be sure.

[​IMG]

My camp chair, which was strapped to the back of my RT and went from Mn, to Wi, to Oh, to VA and then AL. Now by the fire in TN....

[​IMG]

That's mine to the right of the bucket..... Fits perfect on the RT, as long as there is no lane sharing.....

and the RT parked by Mark O's and Ricky Bobby's Stroms.

[​IMG]

This might be the best photo of the trip. Getting lined up to ride some twisty, turney, uppey downey road...

[​IMG]

That's the Interstate above and we seem like a lifetime away from it. Pretty awesome.

Might as well stop, take a photo or 2....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our destination was supposed to be a BBQ joint in Hot Springs. Last year, Dwalt, Brad1098 and myself had hotdogs, wrapped in bacon, topped with pulled pork and homemade potato chips on the side.

[​IMG]

Except the BBQ joint closed and a Mexican joint opened in its place. Sigh.

[​IMG]

The food was tasty and all that. But.......

It was not exceptional and it was not bacon wrapped hotdogs, topped with pulled pork and hot chips on the side. Disappointed, but that too shall pass. It was still a good day or riding with Mark O and Richard Robert.

The beauty part of going to the Rdv is riding with good peeps or hanging at camp with good peeps.

[​IMG]

Good peeps indeed.

The beauty part of riding in areas where the roads are not laid out in a grid is using all the tire that I paid for.

[​IMG]

On roads like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotta scrub them tires.

and then hang out at camp and watch someone else cook some BBQ

[​IMG]

and hang out with the rally dogs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. barnyard

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

"There is no way in hell, those things are going to last. It says '45 pounds' right there on the label. There is not one person here that has seen 45 pounds in this century."

[​IMG]

Whatever.
    [​IMG]

Let's go racing.

[​IMG]

and don't forget to jump the fire.

[​IMG]

Huh. Evidently I did not take any photos of the actual racing. No matter. other's did.

This was my favorite
    [​IMG]

Yep, the Pig Flyer. :lol3

The winner's throne???
    [​IMG]

and then, all to soon, it was time to go. On Tuesday, my boss called and said that I could not have Monday off, so I had to leave on Saturday. :cry

[​IMG]

Till next year....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    RUSTINPEACE likes this.
  17. Mark_O

Mark_O Drain Bamaged

Oddometer:
    You took a lot more pics than I did. I only have one.

[​IMG]
  18. barnyard

Oddometer:
    I should have taken photos of the cool BBQ shack that was closed at the gas station we stopped at in AL or the hotties that would not give me BBQ at the BBQ place that Max took us to. I also did not take any photos of the rain I rode through on the way home. From Lexington to Indy, steady to hard rain. There was 1 point north of Indy where the rain stopped and I needed gas. Pulled off on an exit and looked back. The clouds were ridiculously black and headed my way, really fast. So I got back on the highway and went really fast for about 20 minutes to put some space between me and the ugliness.

I also did not take photos of the 2 traffic jams I saw. 1 was on the way to Max's place. There was an accident that blocked the highway and traffic was parked for 10 miles with another 6 miles of slow and go line compression. 18 miles from the scene, troopers were speeding in reverse to slow oncoming traffic.

I rode into something like that in Indiana. After going 1 mile in 20 minutes, I did a U at one of the emergency turnouts and detoured via surface roads to the tollway to take me around Chicago.

When I left Black Bear, the gps predicted an arrival time of 17:30. I figured I would add an hour with gas stops. Ended up arriving at 19:30 and I only stopped 4 times. 13 hours and 700 miles on the bike is a long day.

I should have also done a photo of the trailer with the bike and snowblower on it. It was quite the conversation starter.

It was a good trip for me. I really needed to see people that I was not related to and spend time having fun. The inmates that shared their couch space really made the trip awesome for me. Mark O riding along was a bonus.

We tried to ride a few more spots while traveling, but ended up leaving everywhere just a little later than planned. No worries though. Visiting with friends is far more important than bombing some cool roads. :deal

Many thanks to Silke and crew for putting all the effort they put into making this a great rally. While I work on the crew, it is only making coffee which seems like a really big deal, especially, if you drink coffee :lol3; but it is just a drop in the bucket compared to the effort of others.

It really does some good to see so many smiling faces, tell a bunch of stories and hang out for a bit.

Thanks to all.
  19. Mark_O

Mark_O Drain Bamaged

Oddometer:
    There are very few people I would ride with for more than a day. You are one of them. I had a fantastic time.
  20. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:

:thumb