2015 Tiger 800 XCx upper engine guards?

Discussion in 'British Beasts: Triumph Tigers' started by buddy13, Jan 9, 2019.

1. buddy13

buddy13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What upper engine/fairing guards exist that would accompany the standard lower Engine guards on my bike?

I would like to protect my fairings and upper part of the fronbt in case of a tip over. I have found a unit from Heed, but this is one unit, which also replaces the standard lower unit, which is a shame.

I have seen a piuctrue somwehere, but can't find a source/brand. Source able to ship to EU would be a great plus :). Thanks in advance!
  2. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Heed also makes an upper only unit. Hepco Becker. And I think Triumph has one they offer now too.
    buddy13 likes this.
  3. Flappy613

Flappy613 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ll speak up for the SWMotechs as well. They withstood a low sider at about 25-30 on my Wife’s XRx and all I had to replace besides them was the upper shroud on the right. Probably withstood more damage than the factory ones I have on my XCx which I’ve crashed plenty of times. There’s a reason an upper shroud is only fifty bux, it’s to protect the 600.00 tank, so buying 500.00 worth of protection is just silly.
    buddy13 likes this.
  4. troop

troop Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

5. hajduk

hajduk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would recommend heed. its a complete upper and lower system, very sturdy. I ride a lot of off road and have dropped my bike few times and no damage.

Attached Files:

6. buddy13

buddy13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very nice setup you have there. Mine is a 2015 Xcx. How much did you pay for those?

I am looking at the Heed. They have two models, the Bunker, which is one complete unit and the seperate upper only unit (dont know the name). Am not decided yet, but seeing that they are almost the same price tempts me to go for the complete unit and keep the lower originals in storage!

I am referring to these:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/173731791848?ViewItem=&item=173731791848

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/ENGINE-GUAR...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  7. troop

troop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I paid $220/installed from my local dealer.
    buddy13 likes this.