2016/2017 Africa Twin (USA) shipping updates

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mcmann, Mar 8, 2016.

1. gun pup

gun pup out fishing

Oddometer:
    It will be interesting to see over the next week or so how this mystical "3/28" ship date morphs.:becca
  2. ripping r

ripping r Lost

Oddometer:
    I was never told 3/28 date. I have ben told 4/28 the hole time. Untell today that is. Are you thinking they will be late?
  3. gun pup

gun pup out fishing

Oddometer:
    No- I was told 4-28 as well. Seems several others based on this thread were told 3/28. Part of me was hoping Honda would make up for last year, and deliver early!
  4. ripping r

ripping r Lost

Oddometer:
    Early would be great. But from the dealers i have talked to im lucky than im even getting one. And not having to go out of state to find one. Seams there still in short supply around here.
  5. Scottyluc

Scottyluc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As I stated before, I was told 3/28 for the manual and 4/28 for the DCT. Those dates are when the bikes were expected to hit the US shores. Add another 5 days delivery to my dealer for me on the East coast. So far, as far as I've been told by my dealer, those dates haven't changed.

He has a Tri color manual coming first and then one Dakar DCT and one Tri color DCT coming a month later. The Dakar DCT is my bike.

As far as leftovers go, it seems the couple dealers that have some on the floor around here are not willing to deal much for them. I got my '17 DCT for almost 10% off msrp. So going the leftover route would've had to have been a screaming deal.
  6. mcridr

mcridr Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. mcridr

mcridr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I talked to my dealer yesterday and my Tri color is on it way. He then sent me this this morning. So may be in the next couple days I will be working on my break in ride. Getting closer! AT invoice.JPG
  8. threebikesnow

threebikesnow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Called dlr Tues, the 3/28 promised date. Was hoping he had VIN, presumed Honda would send this info ahead of bike. Ordered centerstand as want this installed at delivery & salesman said AT "should" be in by Friday. Will call again today. Port of entry is Long Beach here in SoCal but sure there are bunch of factors involved in getting it from the boat to the dlr.
  9. threebikesnow

threebikesnow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now its "sometime in April". Wish "under promise and over deliver" was motto there but guess not.
  10. mcridr

mcridr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With the ship date of 3/28/17 I was hoping that I would be able to put a mile or two on it before next weeks rain and snow. Quess what? The delivery date is next Tuesday and I am kind of ok with that but in order for me to get it home I will need to have on a trailer or in the back of my truck. Why you ask? The rain and snow is to start early that very day and last until Thursday. Oh ya and it's coming from Tacoma Wa.:nah
  11. Robb Mc

Robb Mc what?

Oddometer:
    My dealer has confirmed my bike is on a truck headed this way.. He should have it tomorrow.

Too bad I fly to the east coast tonight.. Oh well, now planning to pick up Tuesday.
    Mr. Fisherman and mcridr like this.
  12. mcridr

mcridr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I feel your pain brother.
  13. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    that bites!! hang in there worth the wait! (even if not a DCT) LOL:jack
    DONT HATE HES A CLOSE FRIEND!!!!! I KEEED I KEED!
    mcridr likes this.
  14. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    This arrived yesterday in Arkansas! Looks like they will start rolling in now.

[​IMG]
    EBR458 and gun pup like this.
  15. Scottyluc

Scottyluc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    East Coast Dealer update - Dealer's Tri color manual is still expected to show up any day. My Dakar DCT that was scheduled on 4/28 has been moved up to 4/24.
  16. threebikesnow

threebikesnow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got call from dlr, my 2017 wht manual is at dealer (as of 10 am PST), should be riding it by tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EBR458, WoodrowBDR and gun pup like this.
  17. Honda-50

Honda-50 Vet Lurker

Oddometer:
    I was just in SoCal Honda Powersports (Carson, CA - 405 & Wilmington). He has one manual 2017 Tri-Color being set up and one DCT-Candy Prominence Red in the crate. He also has four Rally Red 2016s on the floor; one of which is DCT. Don't all call at once now :rofl
  18. Honda-50

Honda-50 Vet Lurker

Oddometer:
    Happy Birthday!
  19. Robb Mc

Robb Mc what?

Oddometer:
    My bike is now confirmed sitting happily at the dealer in California. I'm in the middle of a snowstorm in New Hampshire.
  20. rambler99

rambler99 n00b

Oddometer:
    From my dealer today!

We just received a pre-shipment notification yesterday on your bike. It looks like it will be in next week. I will let you know once it’s here.

DEALER 106137 PRE-SHIPMENT SCHEDULE NOTIFICATION 03/30/17

-SHIPPING-

ORDER REF H/C MODEL QTY WH SCHD DT CARRIER

11352276 245331 CRF1000LH 1 30 04/05/17 B50 GIVENS TRANSPORTATION