2016/2017 Africa Twin (USA) shipping updates

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mcmann, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Tinker07

Tinker07 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    20170409_133708.jpg
    Just got mine yesterday ...... Put 80 miles on it today, the short screen has to be changed for a taller one and I did notice a little clunky first and second gear shift, plus some hot air from the fans do blow on your knees, power is okay, actually it reminds me of my old BMW 1100GS, other than that a simply brilliant bike with Honda reliability !!! 20170409_133708.jpg
    neanderthal, EBR458 and ripping r like this.
  2. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:
    Berkeley Honda has a leftover 2016 DCT on the floor.

IMG_20170414_162105363.jpg
  3. mcmann

mcmann Adventure Rider Junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you still planning on getting a DCT?
  4. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Larry's a huge DCT fan. Can't keep him from posting in the AT manual transmission thread!
  5. waylongway

waylongway madmax

Oddometer:
  6. Bhart89

Bhart89 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing. They lost all credibility with this comment.:-)

The Africa Twin has a naturally comfortable feel about it. Its two-position adjustable seat is wide yet tapered on the edges to allow freedom of leg movement. Its 4.97-gallon fuel tank is not obtrusive, and its handlebar is well-placed, and the footpegs are wide and grippy, allowing the rider to feel at home whether seated or standing. Just the thing for long rides in the dirt or on the highway.
    windblown101 and EBR458 like this.
  7. Benly

Benly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So for those of you that ordered 2017's, how much did you pay for them? Any dealers offering a discount from MSRP if you order one?

I ended up getting my 2016 DCT for the price of the manual late last year. Sounds like a lot of people got a better deal than I did but I wanted to quickly replace my WeeStrom when it was totaled so I took the only one the local dealers had rather than look further away for a better deal.
  8. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

At some point yes, but I'm not paying MSRP for an old leftover that would traditionally have been available in June 2015.

I'll probably end up with an NM4 first. :lol3
    Mr. Fisherman likes this.
  9. Motology

Motology Adventurer

Oddometer:
    12,700 before tax/title/license. No additional dealer fees. Tricolor manual. Picked it up today!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
  10. mcmann

mcmann Adventure Rider Junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    There will be plenty low mile used deals out there from riders that like to switch bikes often.

Check out the Costco program . . . I saved 5% from list with no set-up/shipping fees (including document/tag) here in GA.

Each state and dealer will probably differ.

Plus, Honda may offer incentives this summer on left-over '16's . . .
    larryboy likes this.
  11. atctim

atctim Big Red Pig Farmer

Oddometer:
    I took my trade-in to the dealer to order a tri-color MT the first week of February 2017. Dealer called in March and said they ordered a DCT by mistake. I had buyers remorse for not ordering a DCT from the day I left the dealer, so this was great news for me, and they heavily discounted the DCT upgrade for me. Dealer called me 2 weeks ago and said bike won't be in until late May 2017. Good thing I am patient.
  12. No Degree

No Degree Constant Perineum Flareups Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just curious, how much is heavily discounted? My local NY dealers are not discounting anything.
  13. atctim

atctim Big Red Pig Farmer

Oddometer:
    Giving me the DCT for $300 rather than $700 MSRP.
  14. ripping r

ripping r Lost

Oddometer:
    Mine is here!! Cant pick it up tell Saturday but its here. Dealer called first thing this morning. O the next three days are going to drag along.
  15. 10th Street

10th Street Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Picked up my RWB DCT last Thursday. I'd put a deposit on it two months ago after calling about every dealer in the mid atlantic region. I got no discount whatsoever and they even charged me a couple bucks to swap on the new tires (Mefo Explorer and Super Ex) I brought in. Not complaining though, I couldn't be happier with this thing so far. The dealer said a guy was in the day before and offered $1000 over retail for my bike.

Took it for a hundred mile ride Friday over to the Chesapeake bay and then a 300 mile round trip to WV for some gravel and dirt roads on Saturday. The DCT has to be ridden to be believed. Unfrigginbelievable.
  16. mkn

mkn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We Just got a brand new dealer here in Colorado called Peak Honda World they are off of Wadsworth they have a 2017 Tri Color DCT available as of Monday 13,999 is the price I believe.. If anyone from Colorado is interested I have no idea how rare the tri color is I haven't kept up on availability just letting you know. This forum is the reason I got mine so early.
    neanderthal likes this.
  17. ripping r

ripping r Lost

Oddometer:
    well I drove 4 hours to pick her up. had no miles on it and they forgot to give me my owners manual. but I got her. put 60 miles on it as soon as I got home. and could not be happier! at1.jpg
    Tinker07, mkn, neanderthal and 5 others like this.
  18. Black99S

Black99S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Image 2017-04-27.jpg Picked it up 19-April after paying the deposit 7-Jan
    250km 3-day break-in before hitting an Enduro riding course.
    mkn likes this.
  19. Robb Mc

Robb Mc what?

Oddometer:
    Anybody know of a manual '17 in NH area? I've talked my brother into getting one!
    neanderthal likes this.
  20. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?