2016 DAKAR "Cliffnotes" (lifeboat)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    motorsport.com

Price shocked with Dakar triumph

Toby Price says he is “in shock” after becoming the first Australian to win a Dakar title.
    The Aussie dominated the Bike class, beating fellow KTM rider Stefan Svitko by more than 23 minutes.

The win means he’s the first Australian to win a Dakar, and comes in just his second attempt at the gruelling rally.

“I don't know what to say, I don't know what to think... I'm in shock, I never would've thought I could win this race in my second participation,” he said.

“Being the first Australian to win the Dakar is just insane. I would've never imagined this two years ago. Finishing the rally is already a triumph. Winning it is amazing!

“I tackled the race in true Aussie style. I attacked when I had to, when the time was right, and I kept an eye on my bike during the all-important marathon stages. I also navigated rather well.

“I hope this is just the start, to win again. It won't be easy, so I've got to savour this victory."

Not life-changing, but special
    Speaking to Motorsport.com, Price said that his immediate plans post-Dakar involve the beach and a celebratory beverage.

“I’ll go to the beach and I'll take one, two or five beers,” said Price.

“It won’t change my life, but I think it will be something special in my life. There are many people competing in the Dakar and not many can do it.

"The plan was to be on the podium this year, so it has gone better than we thought.

“It has been two difficult weeks, and a lot of work, very hot, and sometimes very crazy. It has been a difficult Dakar.”
  2. Tomas Kocanda

Tomas Kocanda Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want again to say THANKS EVERYBODY here, those two weeks are nothing without F5 crew. I think it was great, not much more "gates" and apart from shortening stages it was really good.
    What is 100% clear - we would be totally lost, if there would not be Mischa´s tracking!!!! It´s essential tool.
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Manuel posted

3rd place in my category and 44th overall in this 2016 Dakar Rally where i raced a totally standard Yamaha WR450F completely on my own. What can I say?....finally I will be able to sleep more than 2 hours a night tongue emoticon A big thanks to all the people that made this possible from my grandparents to my girlfriend to all the friends and sponsors and a huge thanks for all your messages and emotional support. This is amazing and with all that happened in these 2 weeks I am super happy I got to the end....unfortunately I didn't manage to win the Malles moto class so this means next year I will have to come back! tongue emoticon thanks to everyone who believes in me grin emoticon

[​IMG]
  4. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Quad - Best Of Dakar 2016
  5. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Truck/Camion - Best Of Dakar 2016
  6. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    from: http://rally.hondaracingcorporation...st-top-dakar-finishers/#.Vpq7aV3vIdQ.facebook

[​IMG]

Honda place three rookies amongst top Dakar finishers

The Rally Dakar 2016 finished today in Rosario with three Honda riders up amidst rally raid’s elite: Kevin Benavides and Ricky Brabec have proved to be two of the sport’s bright lights for the future.
    Kevin Benavides of Honda South America Rally Team and Ricky Brabec of Team HRC concluded the adventure in the top ten of the general standings at the close of the Rally Dakar 2016; Adrien Metge was eleventh overall. For all of them, this had been the maiden Dakar outing.

The thirteenth and final stage of the rally consolidated rider’s overall positions in the general rankings, with the 180 kilometre trek to the finish-line in Rosario, not enough to allow any major upsets to the previous day’s standings. Ricky Brabec was particularly attentive over the final stretch on his Dakar debut, but held a steady, fast rhythm throughout to post eighth place on the day. The American rider, who managed to take ninth overall position, had good cause to celebrate, with the Californian – an expert in desert races – churning out consistently fine performances. Brabec, 24, took a well-deserved top ten place, especially given that he had been out of racing for five months after a serious accident in an American rally in 2015.

Italian Paolo Ceci, 40, completed his double objective for the Dakar well: firstly, he made it through the whole 9000 km ordeal until the Rosario finish-line, and secondly, was able to aid his team-mates on numerous crucial occasions. Ceci was fundamental in various stages, having to tow Paulo Gonçalves and Joan Barreda when they ran into different problems. Paolo Ceci has become something of Team HRC’s guardian angel and adds another completed Dakar to his honour’s list which now stands at a 100% finish rate for each of his five participations.

Honda South America Rally Team has been the revelation of the Rally Dakar. After the falls suffered by its most veteran components, the inexperienced newcomers took over and stole the show, finishing amongst the big guns. It was Kevin Benavides, 27, whose star shone the brightest, not only for Team HSA, but also for Argentinean motorcycling, as he became the first Argentine ever to win a Dakar stage. Kevin finished in fourth overall place.

Frenchman, Adrien Metge, 29, also of Honda South America Rally Team, by way of Honda Brasil with whom he began racing in 2015, will also go home happy after a more-than-satisfactory Dakar, taking 12ths spot on the day to finish 11th overall.

[​IMG]
    Ricky Brabec 48
    STAGE: 8th FINAL: 9th

I’m really excited finishing my first Dakar. I want to come back and do better. I’m excited to be in the team. This is my third rally ever, so that is a huge accomplishment for me. So, finishing in the top ten in my first rally is pretty good and I’m the only rider on the team to get a top ten. So, we’ll see if we can improve and come back next year and do better. Back in June 2015 I had a broken neck and it took a good six month to heal. I was talking to a doctor, eating some special foods and trying to get as much calcium and vitamins as I needed to get back to racing. This is my second race back and the biggest race in the world and I’m happy to have accomplished the goal and get a finish and my medal.

[​IMG]
    Paolo Ceci 32
    STAGE: 45th FINAL: 32nd

I’m happy to have got to the end. I’m satisfied with the result. I worked hard for the team and I did my job. I’m a bit disappointed that my team-mates were unable to finish, but I’m sure that we will be back next year stronger and we will win the race. It has been a great experience to race with the team, a solid one, that always goes in search of a win.

[​IMG]
    Kevin Benavides 47
    STAGE: 2nd FINAL: 4th

It has been a really hard, difficult Dakar, but I have been able to learn a lot from the race. I have arrived at Rosario, which is a dream and in addition I was able to win a stage and be the top rookie in the Dakar. In spite of some mistakes, I have learnt a lot and I believe that for the next one I will do even better. I’m going to continue working to improve every day.

[​IMG]
    Adrien Metge 61
    STAGE: 13th FINAL: 11th

If you had told me a year ago that I would be here in the Dakar and that I would finish eleventh, I would have told you that it was impossible. But here I am, I’ve finished the Dakar and I’m really, really happy about it. I’ve only been competing in rally for a year and this, my first Dakar, leaves me super-satisfied. My aim everyday was to get to the end and that way I was able to make it. The team and the bike no doubt helped a lot in achieving this objective. I have had a great time riding a Honda.
  7. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    more Dakar.com photos (including podium shots) from stage 13 reposted in the Photo F5irehose. slightly better than screengrabs from Fr4, right?

#253 - ALEJANDRO PATRONELLI (ARG) [YAMAHA]
    #252 - MARCOS PATRONELLI (ARG) [YAMAHA]
    [​IMG]

#5 - STEFAN SVITKO (SVK) [KTM]
    #3 - TOBY PRICE (AUS) [KTM]
    #4 - PABLO QUINTANILLA (CHL) [HUSQVARNA]
    [​IMG]

#3 - TOBY PRICE (AUS) [KTM]
    [​IMG]

#12 - LAIA SANZ (ESP) [KTM]
    [​IMG]

#302 - STEPHANE PETERHANSEL (FRA) / JEAN PAUL COTTRET (FRA) [PEUGEOT]
    [​IMG]

#301 - GINIEL DE VILLIERS (ZAF) / DIRK VON ZITZEWITZ (DEU) [TOYOTA]
    #300 - NASSER AL-ATTIYAH (QAT) / MATTHIEU BAUMEL (FRA) [MINI]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#300 - NASSER AL-ATTIYAH (QAT) / MATTHIEU BAUMEL (FRA) [MINI]
    [​IMG]

#252 - MARCOS PATRONELLI (ARG) [YAMAHA]
    #253 - ALEJANDRO PATRONELLI (ARG) [YAMAHA]
    [​IMG]
  8. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    TP FB

PRICE WRITES HISTORY WITH DAKAR GOLD
    [​IMG]

KTM’s Toby Price has propelled himself into racing history, becoming the first Australian to win Gold at the prestigious Dakar Rally.

A fourth place finish in the Stage 13 Special was all Price needed to ensure his Dakar Victory; finishing first by a 39’41” margin.

“I don’t know what to say, I don’t know what to think, it hasn’t quite sunk in yet – I’m just stoked to be here to finish and to finish first I never would have thought that would have come in my second year. Thank you for my family and friends and everyone back home in Australia for their support it has been amazing, it’s unreal,” Price said.

[​IMG]

Price has blown out of the water all hopes and expectations as the first Australian in any category to win gold.

To be the first Australian to win Dakar in all divisions is crazy, it’s insane. 2 years ago I never would’ve thought I would be doing this, to finish is a win in itself but to be standing on the podium is unbelievable,” Price said.

The KTM Racer told the media that the Australian attitude has helped his remarkable performance.

“I think we had a lot of laidback aussie attitude, we just took each day as it came and did what we needed to. The days we needed to push on the marathon days we looked after the bike the most and we were consistent on the navigation which is where it paid off for me. It’s an unbelievable feeling that’s for sure,” Price said.

[​IMG]

Price has given the highest praises to the KTM Riding team for their work throughout the Rally.

To get here to the finish, that’s the main goal and just to get through each day is another. We did that, we did it consistently and the bike has been good and the team has worked awesome so I’m over the moon it’s an unbelievable feeling,” Price said.

Price is looking forward to heading home for a break, but is already thinking about the 2017 Dakar.

“Hopefully this is just the beginning, the confidence will grow and more experience will make it better and better and we will have a few more Dakar wins to come, but after this one they definitely can not come easy that’s for sure,” Price said.
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  9. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
  10. Sundowner

Sundowner Extended Play

Oddometer:
    It really was a lot of fun, thanks Royle. "We" enjoyed coming home from work to sort the team and plan for the next day's Stage. The game makes you pay attention to all the information that pours from the F5irehose and just adds another level of entertainment to the whole event. So thank you very much for organizing the game. :pynd:freaky
    Lana, tibx, Coak and especially Quietus and AndreasM were in a class of their own at picking the right team members but it was still a hoot competing against all the other teams. It was a good laugh catching and passing some, only to crash and burn from silly mistakes at other times. I didn't pick up on Seb Loeb's early winning form quickly enough, then cut Kevin Benavides the day before he rode into his home town. I think I even sold off Mikko Hirvonen, who was consistantly in the points for that rookie hack, Cyril Despres. The truck were also a real lottery, with almost all of them having great results - right up to the end, there really wasn't a solid bet on where any of them would finish. It's a bloody hard game to play well.
    If you didn't join in this year, remember to sign up next year.
    Once again, great fun, royle. Thankyou, mate. :thumb
  11. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Helder FB

You get to the end of another edition and I'm very happy to have cut the goal in this my tenth dakar. I'm happy with my 5 place, taking into account all the difficulties I spent in the first week and the start of the second. It was a difficult year and very intense but we did a good job with the team Yamaha, we have achieved a Germany on a project still very young and we will continue to work to come back stronger and more competitive. A word to my teammates Alexander Boturi, go to Barcelona, Adrien Van Beveren, we work well together and we shared some good times. Thank you Yamaha, thank you redbull, thank you to all who supporting me ever since.

[​IMG]
  12. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations to all the finishers and a valiant effort by those who did not!

Scott Bright is an iron man! Great job.
    RenoMoto likes this.
  13. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Yamaha Racing

2016 Dakar Last Stage; Rodrigues and Van Beveren Raced Wheel to Wheel to the Finish in Rosario
    Dakar is over! Yamalube Yamaha Official Rally Team's Hélder Rodrigues and Yamalube Yamaha Junior Rally Team's Adrien Van Beveren completed today's thirteenth and last stage of the 2016 Dakar Rally. They signed off with a good third and ninth position on this last special aboard their WR450F Rally and reached the final podium in Rosario, where an admiring crowd applauded the award ceremony and results announcement. The Yamaha riders ended up in fifth and sixth position, respectively, in the overall classification of the toughest rally of the world.

Today's thirteenth and last stage of the 2016 Dakar Rally brought the competitors from Villa Carlos Paz' bivouac to Rosario's podium through a 699 kilometres journey on twisty, undulating routes and faster sandy and rocky sections. The 180-kilometre special of this last Dakar stage was probably the most challenging of the whole competition, with high stakes for the leaders. The battle for the podium was fierce and the front-runners all knew that anything could happen on the Dakar in the home stretch.

The reverse departure order was the main characteristic of today's stage, making it even more challenging as the last riders of the overall ranking started first and raised much dust on the route, which forced the rider topping the leader board to slow down their pace.

Yamalube Yamaha Official Rally Team's Rodrigues, with boosted confidence after his yesterday's stage win, was fully committed to climbing up one more position in the overall classification today. However, he wasn't able to attack as much as he would have liked, because of the route conditions; the dust blocked his view and made the special more complicated to handle. Yamaha's top rider was forced to ride cautiously in order to join Rosario's podium with his WR450F Rally in good shape and secure a top-5 general ranking. Rodrigues decided to avoid any risks and raced for a big finish. He ended up third of the stage and overall fifth of the Dakar Rally.

Yamaha's rookie, Adrien Van Beveren, had as main target to get through his first Dakar Rally, but did even better in gaining one more place in the overall classification. He also stole the spotlight from his fellow countryman and Dakar beginner, Antoine Méo; Van Beveren is the first French rider of the 2016 Dakar on the general timesheet. He figures in the top-6 of the competition, in the slot just behind teammate Rodrigues.

In the quad category, the Patronelli supremacy continued. After a year off, Marcos Patronelli, thirty-three years old, offered his third victory on the toughest rally of the world. Winner in 2010 and 2013, the youngest brother did not flinch on this 38th edition and his brother, Alejandro, gave a good performance too, and finished just five minutes behind Marcos, in second overall position. Their closest rival, Brian Baragwanath (also driving a Yamaha Raptor 700) completed the podium but one hour and forty-two minutes behind them on the overall timesheet. Between them, the Patronelli have now accumulated five Dakar titles.

[​IMG]
    Hélder Rodrigues, Yamalube Yamaha Official Rally Team
    3rd, +00:02:37, overall 5th / +00:55:44
    "I am very happy to cross the finish line of my tenth Dakar! Today's reverse departure order made it hard for me to push for a better placement in the overall classification, as the dust thrown up by the first competitors made the stage dangerous. The challenge was more on not to take any risks, in order to cross the timed section finish and complete the liaison section to Rosario's podium in good shape.This top-5 position is a true satisfaction for me, regarding my bad physical conditions during the first week. It was such a tough Dakar Rally but we did a great job with Yamaha and I think we had a pleasant journey altogether. I want to spare a thought also for my teammates Alessandro Botturi and Xavier De Soultrait, who, unfortunately, have been forced to withdraw from the competition a few days before the arrival; with both of them and Adrien Van Beveren we made a great partnership a shared good moments. Thanks Yamaha!"

[​IMG]
    Adrien Van Beveren, Yamalube Yamaha Junior Rally Team
    5th / +00:14:09, 6th / +01:46:29
    "It's over, I made it! The Dakar is a great adventure! All I wanted, for a first participation, was to complete the distance until the finish line and to sign off from the competition in good shape. Finally I ended up in the overall top-6, just behind my teammate Hélder Rodrigues; we are all very happy with this result. I learned a lot alongside Hélder, who shared his great experience with me and gave me advice daily to better handle this tough competition. I will return to France, boosted by this experience and with a lot of incredible stories to share with my family. I love the rally-raid atmosphere, it is more of a journey than just a competition; I am willing to go further in it. Right now, I already have another challenge waiting for me back in Europe, in ten days, which is the Enduropale du Touquet, on my favorite playground: the sand."

Alexandre Kowalski, Yamalube Yamaha Junior Rally Teams Director
    "A happy ending for Yamaha on this 2016 Dakar Rally. We are really happy with the result today in Rosario, regarding the tough conditions of this year's competition. Hélder Rodrigues is in the top-5 ranking and Yamaha's junior Adrien Van Beveren, just behind him, ended up with an impressive sixth overall position for his first Dakar Rally. Our riders did a good job and we are proud of all of them; even Alessandro Botturi and Xavier De Soultrait, who where unlucky in Fiamabala's dunes. Our brand new WR450F Rally proved to be a strong performing machine for races such as the Dakar and all led us to think that there is great future in rally-raid for Yamaha with this bike. I want to thank the whole Yamaha crew for their hard work: the mechanics gave their all during the project, working closely together and efficiently. We were like a family during those last three weeks of competition and we did a good job."
  14. fz6kd7

fz6kd7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow 34 minutes and no post
    Crickets are chirping
    Sad about robby gordon that sucks
    But even without chile it was good but better with chile add peru and a few others and have the grand dakar...ahh come on 2017...........
  15. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kaia, Thank you for your work, also when the flag is fallen.
  16. chug1

chug1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that informative and insightful rundown Troy. :nod
    One thing I have wondered about a Dakar downunder is the spectator density. Following the stages you visualised, it would be pretty easy to run a day that starts in a town of 200, goes completely bush for the whole day and then bivs again in another tiny settlement without going near a single soul. Do you think this lack of 'trackside' spectating would influence the rally significantly? The spectators at Finke are a counterexample, but most of them are only a camping-day away from Alice Springs anyway. Some Aussies as well as internationals could well go camping out Whoop-Whoop to see the race go past but there wouldn't be too many.

Curious to hear any thoughts.
  17. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

The old saying applies "Build it and they will come."

Just an opinion but I reckon you'd get thousands there, from o/s too. When you consider the number of folks that have never been here and just need a reason like this to come.
  18. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    It was interesting when Etienne said something to the effect of not moving yet. Not too many places with suitable terrain, the list gets even smaller once land use issues gets factored in.

Seems inevitable the race has/has to change. Wide open compass headings are becoming harder to find. Personally I'd prefer (as a fan mind you, not a participant) if the terrain becomes more technical as opposed to wrc style. Highspeed crashes versus technical tip overs....safer? This year the race (week one and parts of week two) favored braveryand flat out speed on gravel roads versus experience with navigation. At least with technical offroad navigation can be more influential. From a spectators pov it would be more "entertaining" to watch.

Hill ascents/decents, single track, ridge riding, washes....any terrain a mini van cannot drive :)

Chile and more importantly Peru seem critical to the race. Without them its either wrc or technical terrain?

Paraguay, that time of year is wet and muddy...not sure why they are considering it.

Bolivia, no doubt has lots to offer. No fields of dunes sadly but some cool looking stuff. After a few years it will become boring though (only so many roads)

Just sort of thinking (typing) out loud here ;)
  19. Anders F

Anders F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Laia Sanz 15th and gunning for more!

The Catalan rider, a regular sight near the top of the classification, has lofty ambitions. She has just finished a turbulent Dakar in 15th place. A great feat.

• [​IMG]
    Where two days ago in San Juan there were only sad faces, now there are only smiles in Rosario. Laia Sanz finished higher than she expected. "I would've signed up for this result in a heartbeat", she says as she clambers off the podium. "New bike, new team and a Dakar that was different but very hard." Laia, once again the best female rider —no surprises there— simply defended her standing. She finished ninth last year and fifteenth this time round. Are these results comparable, though? "I ran into trouble in the second half of the Dakar after taking a rough tumble as I crossed a río. I had bruises everywhere the last two stages, and my right collarbone hurt a lot. I also caught a throat infection. The key factor, though, was having a much faster Dakar this year. I was unable to let my navigation skills do the talking. For starters, they shortened the stage that suited me best, the one in Fiambalá. I lost big time that day because I wasn't one of the 12 motorcycle riders allowed to keep their times. What's more, I didn't manage to make the difference in the first week, which was very much like a rally and not enough Dakar-style, but I'm very happy. It's a good result. I also adapted very well to my new team, KTM. It's great for me and for the future."
    [​IMG]
    Top rookie Kevin Benavides feels the weight of fame

The Argentinian rider stole the show in his first Dakar with a top 5 finish, but he had to overcome a great deal of pressure at the end. This is the price of a performance that made him one of the favourites for the next few editions of the Dakar.

• [​IMG]
    The young man from Salta probably did not expect so much from his maiden Dakar. After all, not so many riders finish fourth, 54′57″ behind the winner, in their first attempt. The Honda South America ended the race with a booty of one stage win and three second places, never falling below seventh overall. Not only did he make an impression, he also laid the groundwork for even more exciting performances. He also opened the door to a national craze for the motorcycle category mirroring what the Patronelli Bros. have achieved in the quad category. He is quite taken aback by this: "I had a difficult second week because everyone wanted to talk to me. It wasn't just the media. There were also friends and acquaintances. It's a lot of pressure, at the end of the day. You don't sleep as well. You have trouble focusing. I'll have to find a better way to deal with this. It's very important in such a tough race where sleep is so important." Kevin Benavides is already looking past his sensational debut, and so are the Argentinian fans.
    [​IMG]
    Duplessis takes the Elf Moto Trophy

The reigning Dakar Challenge champion, Martin Duplessis, won the Elf Moto Trophy and €3,000 in prize money at the end of his first Dakar.

• [​IMG]
    The Elf Moto Trophy has been organised since 2003 and is awarded to the three best Dakar rookies who agree to fly the colours of the French oil company. A place for them to relax and get useful tips is set up at each bivouac. Elf motorcycle products are also available to these competitors. Martin Duplessis claimed the first prize this year by finishing 25th, 7 h 45′ behind the champion. The Argentinian capitalised on Ian Blythe's fall in the penultimate special after battling the American during most of the rally. "I also had my fair share of bad luck", cautions the winner of the last Dakar Challenge. "I had a heavy fall on the way from Belén to Salta, when I was sitting in the top 15. I passed out for a few moments, and by the time I was up and running I'd already lost loads of time. My motorcycle was also in bad shape." However, the KTM rider managed to finish his maiden Dakar and claim the Elf Moto Trophy. Success breeds success!
    [​IMG]
    Hirvonen ahead of Loeb? Never say never!

Few pundits would have bet on Mikko Hirvonen to beat Sébastien Loeb in their highly anticipated duel.

• [​IMG]
    Despite being frustrated four times by Loeb in his quest to win the WRC, the Finnish rider was the 2016 Dakar rookie of the year. The nine-time world champion's raw speed netted him more stage wins than anyone else (four, including the finale ahead of none other than Hirvonen), but Hirvonen brought into play his consistency from traditional rallies and ended up just outside the final podium. He confirms the analysis: "I managed not to make mistakes, and that's what brought us so high in the classification. I know mistakes can be very costly. That said, when I look at someone like Nasser Al-Attiyah, for instance, I realise I've still got a lot to learn." Hirvonen is racing up the learning curve with Michel Périn in his Mini's cabin and eager to try to claim the big victory still missing from his trophy room: "I had a terrific experience and I'm delighted with the result I achieved in my first start. I'll do my best to come back, if I can."
    [​IMG]
    Van den Goorbergh wins in solo mode

Jurgen van den Goorbergh promised himself he would win the Malles-Motos category this year, and he was as good as his word. Focus and dedication were the pillars of the KTM rider's success.

• [​IMG]
    Jurgen van den Goorbergh is in love with the Dakar. "When you've done well, you come back because you want to repeat the exploit", explains the former Moto GP rider, who took part in his sixth Dakar. "And, when you've had a bad experience, you come back because you don't want to end on a low note." This year was a good one for the Dutchman, who has already had a go at the Dakar in a car and in a truck, as well as on two wheels. 31st overall, Jurgen won the famous Malles-Motos category, which requires riders to forego assistance crews. Last year he was bested by Sweden's Thomas Berglund. "He was one tough cookie", remembers VDG. "But the race was hard even without him. During the first week, gaps were limited to a minute or two. There were fast tracks, no navigation at all… It wasn't very stimulating, and the weather was a pain in the neck. I made the difference after the rest day. I like it when things get complicated and technical, and the second week was harder in this regard, even though some specials were shortened. I found the sweet spot between too fast and too slow." However, once in Rosario the KTM rider was glad it was all over. "Even if you prepare properly, racing without assistance is a huge challenge", he concludes. "The three days we spent at very high altitude in Bolivia left me knackered."
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.