2016 DAKAR "Cliffnotes" (lifeboat)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    It's basically wet, it's gonna get hot, and we don't want any of the competitors going over the bars! Did I miss any measurable parameters?
  2. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
  3. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Manuel fb

Went through technical checks and now my bike is sleeping in the parc fermè.... Feeling a bit tense, waited for so long to be back smile emoticon thanks to all the people that made this possible!!

Verifiche tecniche fatte ed adesso la bimba sta dormendo nel parco chiuso.... Sento un po di tensione, l'attesa ed i sacrifici per tornare a correre sono stati tanti ed un grande Grazie va a tutte quelle persone che con il loro aiuto hanno reso questo possibile smile emoticon
    ‪#‎Dakar2016‬

See Translation
    [​IMG]
  4. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Husqvarna HT Rally Team with Americans CR Gittere #145 and Alexander Smith #103
    [​IMG]
  5. too old

too old Keen supporter

Oddometer:
    No rankings as such, but Vlli is the "senior", Mattihas is the world champion & Austrian and Meo is considered to be the rally noob :thumb

Team rankings as such will be considered around the rest day I suspect.
  6. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    You guys are incredible :clap first year F5'n thanks for all the work. You add so many facets to the complexity's, intricacies and
    difficulties of the event. Participants become personalized, the routes and topography tangible ( I've ridden through the area
    several times) but for anyone with a modicum of imagination " your there".
    And the photos, wow !

[​IMG]

So will we have a road book to print out before every days stage ? :lol3

GO!!!!!!! Max
  7. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  8. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  9. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The F5irehose is picking up the pace, I'm just glad it's a civilized start tomorrow so I won't be in the snowball. (Literal here... -2 F right now, -10 last night...)

You guys are amazing. Detailed maps, course pictures, and roadbooks (ROADBOOKS!!) from HogWild before it even starts. How is that even possible? Dave and Scott posting from inside the bivouac. Myway intel from inside the ASO. Mischa getting online. Veiled mentions of snooker and the beginning of new "Gates" (Roadbookgate?? WTF?). Riders already going down in accidents :(. Manny already looking tired (doh!) before a Malle Moto effort!

I've warned the wife that I will be a crappy husband for a couple weeks and she insists that I still brush my 3-year old's teeth every night ;). My 8-year old was looking over my shoulder and spotted the Peugots... I mentioned that Cyril was driving one and he gasped and sighed "He betrayed me!".

It's on folks, I feel lucky to have found this place.
  10. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
  11. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Is everyone on Team F5 in final training for the F5irehose!?

[​IMG]
  13. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    2nd January:
    Podium, Prologue and night at the “light bivouac” in Rosario

• The podium at Tecnopolis: Following a morning briefing session for the competitors, the podium is not simply for protocol, but will be an integral part of the liaison section leading to the prologue.
    • The Prologue: Taking place close to Buenos Aires, the main purpose of this ten kilometre route, which will count towards the general Rally standings, is to establish the starting order for the following day.

• Night at the “light” bivouac in Rosario: After this long day, competitors and their assistance teams will spend the night in Rosario, heading towards Villa Carlos Paz and the first “real” day of the race.

14. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    :happayThe START PODIUM and PROLOGUE f5irehose is now being prepped... :deal

Dakar.com homepage earmarked... :thumbup
    http://www.dakar.com/index_DAKus.html

ASO timing matrix for the PROLOGUE is now up on the official Dakar.com site :rayof
    http://gaps.dakar.com/2016/dakar/stage-01/aso/ukie.php

Mischa's dakartracker is on ine an ready to roll... :thumb http://trackingdakar.nl/live.php

Our 4 wheeled cyber cousin's over at race dezert.com are all prepped and ready (for those who wonder about the cages :wink::nod) http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/dakar-2016-prologue-buenos-aires-rosario.124285/

... and 100's of other diverse links, tv broadcast and social media conduits are now coupled into the main hydrant from the ADV f5 resources thread... :deal http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...iming-schedules-etc-info-only-please.1113648/

[​IMG]

steady now... lean into it f5olks... the f5 DAKAR show is about to take off...! :pynd
  15. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    :deal http://24timezones.com/world_directory/current_buenos_aires_time.php

MOTO's leave the START PODIUM in Buenos Airies at 11:45 am

First MOTO start on the 11 km PROLOGUE is 14:30 pm
    The target time for the Prologue is set at 10 minutes

The first MOTO is scheduled to arrive at the "LEG 0" bivouac (after the 346 km liason) in Rosario at 16:40 pm with the last Moto competitor estimated at 19:51 pm...

All times are ARG local time (as per clock at top of post)

All times are as per the official ASO schedule: :deal

[​IMG]
  16. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    From DAKAR.com

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/stage-100/live-feed.html

Here we go! The 350 competitors have been impatiently waiting for the start of the 38th edition of the Dakar contested in Argentina and Bolivia. Whilst the day merely seems to be an appetiser, this prologue will prove to be quite “copious” with no less than 346 kilometres to be covered, including 11 kilometres of special stage.
    In an exercise where there is often more to be lost than won, how will the “newcomers” in the car category, in particular Sébastien Loeb or Mikko Hirvonen, fare on their debuts? Will they stamp their mark on the race from the start or at least take advantage of a relatively favourable and short 11-kilometre configuration to win their first special stage? Will the old hands let them fall into the trap of the prologue? It will certainly be an interesting stage to watch, all the more so since the standings at the end of the prologue will determine the starting order the following day... The situation is similar in the bike category, where the absence of last year's winner, Marc Coma, should allow the leading lights of the category to inflict an initial psychological blow.
    In short, over these 11 kilometres against the clock, the competitors must avoid confusing speed with haste.
    So, will there be a surprise or not? By this evening, we will have found out!
  17. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Loeb and Hirvonen are old hands. I don't see them chasing the Prologue win. I don't think they want to start first on the road, either.
    But RG and the Kid may be a good candidates for a bit of bravado. Boss takes the poll position and the Kid is right behind him.
  18. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    In the MOTO's category, there are riders in the field as far down as the top 50 who have the riding skills to put in a top five time on the 11 km stage - comprized mostly of fast (sometimes narrow) rural gravel roads with regular 45 degree and 90 degree bends...

Will Barreda and Price go out hard for their HRC and KTM squads respectively... or conservative like the old stagers Faria, Viladoms, Gonk etc.?

Quint and Waulkner are capable of ballistic speeds... as is newcomer Brabec for HRC with his Baja racing experience... but maybe a tactical boo-boo for the newly contracted Honda watercarrier to end up in front of his HRC team mates for SS1 on Sunday...?

For the AUTO's (as stated on dakar.com) the prologue roads and short intense nature of the 11 km stage will be bread and butter for those drivers with WRC credentials... like Loeb, Hirvonen, Sainz and Nasser...

Just watch the PR ponytails go bezerk if Sebbe puts in the quickest time for the prologue... :evil First DAKAR, first stage, first stage win... :wink: could happen.

Young SPEED Creed over in the RG team would be quick if let off the leash... only problem is... back where he is in the start cue... at only one minute start intervals... he is likely to be in the rear bumper of the car ahead - after only 5 or 6 km's or so... which might slow the forwrd momentum a bit. The boss - Robby - should be spectacular as always. :clap
  19. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Loeb made an atypical mistake last year at WRC Monte Carlo, and it may cross his mind now.
    He blasted the first special taking over a minute from the other Seb. They didn't have the delta splits in the car for the first time, so he just pushed it hard. Media were ecstatic. He tried it again on a mixed surface and ripped the wheel from the car. End of rally.
  20. Quietus

Quietus Mariner

Oddometer:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.