2016 DAKAR "Cliffnotes" (lifeboat)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by troy safari carpente, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
  2. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    Well well well.... DSS times appearing on http://trackingdakar.nl/live.php

Didn't check yet if everything is correct, but it's a start... have fun everybody! Let's :rofl
  3. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    current local ARG time: http://24timezones.com/world_directory/current_buenos_aires_time.php

Hi Mischa :wave

The ASO/Dakar.com timing matrix has gone live... I see that they have come up on your dakartracker also.

It appears that (in accordance with the reverse start order for the MOTO's from the ceremonial START PODIUM in Buenos Aires) that the MOTO field will be sent of on PROLOGUE in reverse order.

Rider #153 Nogales is slated to take the DSS start for Prologue at 14:57 local ARG time - (which is 12 minutes later than set out in the ASO schedule posted previously... but no matter).

Riders sent off at 30 second intervals... the top 25 to 16 ranked riders get a 1 minute start gap, and the top 15 start with two minute intervals.

so the f5ire in the hole DSS start bomb for the MOTO PROLOGUE is 14:57 ARG local time.
  4. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    One reason I am a die-hard Dakar fan? Because our DAKAR family ROCKS!!!!
    As my husband walks through bivvy, scrutiny and hotel.....he is approached over and over by riders and support crews asking about our son!
    WOW! The international love for us little 'ole Kansas family!
    That includes all my F5 friends as well. Your continued support humbles me!
    Shows me both my husband and I are in the right places with the right people!!
    Thank you all so much! I was going to post an update on the thread you guys had going about him (yesterday wasn't one of his better days), but couldn't find it.

Ok...done with my female hormones ......let's get to the good stuff......Ready to break my F5 key hanging out with and watching some of the best group of people in the World!!
  5. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
  6. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Dakar.com

Shoestringing it already....

Manuel Lucchese was one of the first riders to retrieve their gear in Buenos Aires… and one of the last to go through scrutineering and pack their trunks.

Under the wire. Manuel Lucchese got the green light at the eleventh hour as the sun sank below the horizon on Friday evening. "I even had to go back to the race officials just before the podium to show them my stop light was working properly", laughs the Italian. As a result, the Yamaha Rider was the last to load his gear onto the truck that takes malles motos from one bivouac to the next, whereas two days earlier he had been among the first to buckle down. "I had loads of work to do on my motorcycle", he explains. "I closed my budget at the last minute and only got my motorcycle ten days before shipping it to Argentina, leaving me with almost no time to fine-tune it." Manuel could not afford to loaf around the two days before the start. "Setting up all the safety gear, electrical wiring, electronic components… It takes time, and the consequences of a mistake can be dire. The last few days put your nerves on edge, the countdown has begun and you're always scared not to make it in time. The Dakar is a special event. You get a year to prepare for it, to dream about it… You just pile the pressure on yourself. Things get more laid back when the race finally gets going."
  7. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    Ian Blythe off and running!

Blythe1.png
  8. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    A memory for many of the MOTO pilots... to stand on sthe start podium of DAKAR with the living legend Marc Coma, and have hime share a couple of encouraging words, before they embark on the odessey... :clap:clap:clap
  9. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

^^^ Manny: "Marco... ditch those shorts, find youself a helmet, some boots, riding gear and grab Sam's spare bike.... this is TOOOOO much fun man...!!!" :D:D
    Scottyridewhere? likes this.
  11. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gotta feel a bit strange for Marc. Lots of thoughts going through his head right now I'm sure.
  12. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    Brabec near podium

BrabecNearPodium.png
  13. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Parked just a way down the alley from the start podium... waiting for a team mate to do the liason with...? HRC waterboy duty starts here
  14. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Ace100 likes this.
  15. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    upload_2016-1-2_8-48-36.png

CHAVOOOOOOO
  16. cameron110

cameron110 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brabec cranked out a few wheelies for the crowd, repping the old red white and blue lack of restraint with a page from Rubby's play book maybe?

I can't really bitch though since it made me smile
  17. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    So many accomplished riders and well prepped bikes this year... the top 50 is deeper with talent than ever!
  18. K_N_Fodder

Oddometer:
    Duclos shooting the shizz with Marc.
    upload_2016-1-2_8-53-58.png
  19. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Marc and Alain Duclos (#20 Sherco) exchange words... so many emotions... riding compatriots since the African days...
  20. yardracer

yardracer stubborn cow

Oddometer:
    Annie's blog for today

#Dakar2016 Annie Seel “Today, things finally get serious”

Posted on 2016/01/02

Buenos Aires 2016-01-02
    Dakar rally 2016

“Today, things finally get serious”

A super-relaxed Annie Seel shares her thoughts and feelings the day before it all really gets going.

Annies focus is now clearly on Dakar 2016.

Tomorrow is the 3rd of January: the prolog in Buenos Aires, then laison to Rosario. A year of planning and preparation is finally over. Today Annie and her co-driver Bert Heskes (NL) will take their Dessert Warrior through scrutineering.

Annie’s passion for the”hardest rally-raid in the world” is tangible. The goose bumps that she shows me on her arms as she tells me that “Today, things finally get serious” are infectious, maybe signaling an end to Annies laid-back run-up to the over 9000 km trial of (wo)man and machine.

We talk of Annie’s primary goal of completing the Dakar for the first time on 4 wheels (after 5 finishes on 2) and of how the tinyest problem can lead to a retirement when unfortunate circumstances and coincidence are combined. Being the fastest female is also on Annie’s to-do list!

Annie is known for keeping her head under pressure, and she is quietly confident of her, as yet unproven, co-driver Bert Heskes. Bert says that they have a natural understanding of each other, making communication simple. Bert comes with a depth of mechanical experience, having raced his own Dessert Warrior for several years.

When pressed, Annie admits that when the “shit hits the fan” she may well stay calm, but might “strangle Bert slowly”

The Desert Warriors gleaming paint is as yet unscarred. The bonnet displaying the names of many of Annies micro-sponsors. Again this year Annie is being supported by many of her fans, some who have bought a kilometer of Annie race, and others have contributed to see their names on the bright yellow bodywork.
    garfey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.