Withdrawn From Sale 2016 Honda VFR1200x DCT

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by fastnlight, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastnlight

fastnlight Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    After 4.5 years with this great bike (bought new in 2016), I am ready to shift focus toward smaller machines, specifically making space for a new 125 Trail Cub while keeping my CB500X for ADV general use.

I am going to miss this bike a lot, as it propelled me for over 24,600 miles of long solo travels on pavement and off, as I slowly realized it was a little heavy as the dirt riding got tougher, and challenging to pick up alone. This model replaced a nicely modified V-strom 650, and performed better than that capable bike in every possible way. The brakes are awesome, motor is dreamy, and not shifting is really addictive. Runs and rides great!

I have the title in hand and 24,600 on the ODO. This unit has been treated more like a tool than a show piece, ridden year round, and has been dropped on both sides more than once. (no/low speed in the dirt of course, I'm not a kid anymore). It is not terribly clean, does have some scrapes and scratched parts (mostly crash bars), but has also been cared for mechanically and features recent fluids, brake pads, and lithium battery. If you prefer a pristine bike, this one would take some real love to get there. Current tires are a set of Dunlop Trailmax Missions, and they still have a couple thousand miles of life left.

-Factory heated grips
    -SW Motech skid plate
    -R&G adventure crash bars
    -Knight Designs lowered Pegs
    -Radiator mesh guard
    -Expanded Kickstand foot
    -Seahorse locking top case (does not fit full face helmet)
    -Delkevic slip-on oval carbon muffler
    -Dirtskins fork protectors
    -Microswirl windscreen edging and added foil are easily removeable but do work well to make for a quieter ride
    -Righthand handguard and rear plastic swingarm cover are scraped up in pics (new parts on the way and included)
    -Phone and GPS mounts plus tankbag are NOT included

I am asking $7600 OBO for this ready to travel machine. Located in Gig Harbor, WA

Album of recent driveway pics plus a few more out riding.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/DgD8yh8yeUnN1mPy8

Greg
    Redoubt, Jazz62, Gemel and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.